Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Curcumin : The Natural / CS

+7
NewReg
Gibson
lund
Joejoebaggins
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
europe
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 4 Empty Re: Curcumin : The Natural / CS

Post  The Natural Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 am

edony wrote:TN-
on the other hand ,you've had results so far by just taking jarrows curcumin as is,after meal ,no mixing and emptying out the capsule content.You just combine it with resv.
Well,I'll go your way ,since you have first hand experience and all the rest is just speculations...
I noticed you've dropped ACV from your regimen.Why is that?

Hi edony,

No, I do not empty out my capsules and mix the contents. But after reading posts and online articles, I have made some minor changes in the way I take my supplements: For example, I will take curcumin and resveratrol before I eat; And I will take them, whenever possible, with warm milk. I think that this is a way to maximize the effectiveness of the herbs, specifically curcumin.

Since I only take ACV tablets occasionally for indigestion, I cannot consider them a part of my regimen.

By the way, don't be surprised if you see "citrus pectin" in my regimen next month. The testimonies and literature about the importance of chelating heavy metals are very compelling.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:03 am

TN-

pls define before a meal.You mean on completely empty stomach?
Or you take them at the beginning of a meal?
Since curcumin is fat-soluble i can't see the meaning in taking them without food
After all,taking them all this time after you eat has yielded great results => a proof that they were absorbed just fine imo
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:58 am

edony wrote:TN-

pls define before a meal.You mean on completely empty stomach?
Or you take them at the beginning of a meal?
Since curcumin is fat-soluble i can't see the meaning in taking them without food
After all,taking them all this time after you eat has yielded great results => a proof that they were absorbed just fine imo

edony,

For maximum effect, I now try to take them with (warm) milk, right before a meal.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:57 pm

My resveratrol(country life) and curcumin(jarrow) have arrived, it says 2 capsules per day for curcumin and 1 for resveratrol. Should I take resveratrol once or twice a day ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:29 pm

I ordered BCM-95 today. CS, I assume this is still your top pick. At one a day it seems like a good addition to maintenance protocol, which I am shifting towards.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:43 am

Turmeric force does look pretty interesting after reading all this stuff about it. I have always liked 'full spectrum' equivalents. I can't locate it but someone posted an interesting study on another board about the synergistic effect people taking pure curcumin might be lacking.

I found this product through eBay so I am not sure as to the quality of it but it is cheap. It is basically 50% turmeric / 50% curcumin (95%) extract together for a total of 500mg. I have been taking these with resveratrol, Q10 and Krill oil (and sometimes Omega-7).
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:54 am

I've been taking Both Turmeric Force by New Chapter & Life Extension's BCM-95 (two different times of the day) and they feel both the same after ingestion.

I'm happy to say that I am not getting any more headaches from Turmeric, this was quite a problem for me in the past.
Even taking them with meals created somewhat of a headache, but they are totally gone now.

While BCM-95 claims that it will last in the system for twice the duration of standard curcumin, I'm still going to opt for Turmeric force for the same reason hapyman just cited and you really can't go wrong with New Chapter--they're the best in the business. Not to mention, it's cheaper than Life Extension.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 am

Tough call. I'm going through my second bottle of turmeric force. Also, swansons currently has whole turmeric capsules, buy one get one free, for dirt cheap. Over time, I've also tried jarrow's curcumin and nature's way. I can't say I can note any difference from any turmeric product I have tried. Although when i was stuffing my own capsules, I had a sensory connection. BCM-95 is currently on the way. I had hoped it would be the first product to provide a benefit i could perceive.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Gibson wrote:Tough call. I'm going through my second bottle of turmeric force. Also, swansons currently has whole turmeric capsules, buy one get one free, for dirt cheap. Over time, I've also tried jarrow's curcumin and nature's way. I can't say I can note any difference from any turmeric product I have tried. Although when i was stuffing my own capsules, I had a sensory connection. BCM-95 is currently on the way. I had hoped it would be the first product to provide a benefit i could perceive.

Gibson, what is your current regimen, if I may ask.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Fibroboost--am; pm
Dr. Ohira's--am; afternoon
Magnesium Gel (ancient wisdom brand) am; pm
Revolution Maca--3 capsules--am, 1 pm
7-HMR--am
Natural Factors Omega 3--afternoon, pm --about 5 capsule daily (largest dose at night)
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-RxOmega-3-Factors-Pharmaceutical-Grade-120-Softgels/2717?at=0
Min Agent--am
Bikram Yoga 3x a week
Astaxanthin--pm
*Turmeric/curcumin
Milk Thistle--am; afternoon; pm
Wine or Resveratrol
Bilberry--am; afternoon; pm
Cheap Coq10
Chlorella on and off
Evening Primrose--recently added
Parsley--recently added--no biggie
Country Life Maxi Hair--afternoon
lasermax 50--not consistent (but trying 15 minutes every other day or so)
Cedar Essential Oil (topical)--most psyched about perhaps above all (but I am also realizing how therapeutic and beautifying essential oils have the potential to be in general, no joke)
Thuja occidentalis 30c--homeopathy (experimental)--essentially homeopathic version of cedar
(Vitamin D--am--until spring is sprung; cat's claw--dirt cheap, sounds good)

(*although i have questioned turmeric quite a bit, it is one of my additions I feel strongly about.)

Generally, i require much extra potassium and mag. I also have an activated b supp on the way.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:55 pm

I am currently taking Turmeric Force am, afternoon, pm. It occurred to me that one major supp that i have relied on, Jarrow Sam-E Joint, for two years, i have dropped and not had much knee pain. in short, it is quite likely that my addition of Turmeric is having a major impact on my joints. I will focus on this and see if BCM-95 bumps it up a notch.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:53 pm

also, bikram yoga should be number one, no doubt.

i wonder if that and cedar essential oil could be the cock and balls.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Gibson wrote:also, bikram yoga should be number one, no doubt.

i wonder if that and cedar essential oil could be the cock and balls.

What if it's just the balls??? tongue

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Gibson, that is a kick-ass looking regimen (pardon my English). Read some great things about Dr. Ohira's stuff, by the way.

What do you consider to be your Top Three or Top Six? And with such a comprehensive regimen, do you ever find it difficult to know exactly which herbs or products are working for you?

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 pm

I will omit the yoga since I realize it is quite off the radar for most, but I will say if you like fibroboost, this is a greater fountain of youth.

That sad, TN, my top eight are:
fibroboost
dr. ohira's
maca
cedar oil topical
7-hmr
mag oil
Turmeric (what got me hooked was stuffing my own capsules, yet I am inclined to believe that it is doing its job)
Omega 3 (however the source)

(I think bilberry is great)

For the most part i can gage a result from each that i take. The questionable ones are:
Maxi Hair
Coq10 perhaps
parsley
cat's claw
milk thistle (but obviously if u drink u can't go wrong with it)
vitamin d
reveratrol, not wine (but alcohol subtracts)
laser
asatxanthin
evening primrose
vatamin D

All said, if I don't get a weak positive at minimum, i tend to drop.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:06 am

What type of Maca are people taking? How much is it per month?
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4