Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Curcumin : The Natural / CS

+7
NewReg
Gibson
lund
Joejoebaggins
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
europe
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 3 Empty Re: Curcumin : The Natural / CS

Post  lund Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:34 am

I am basically saying (in my opinion, no real science behind it) that try to get the best of both worlds: use some BCM95 (that is a concentrate curcumin) and also use the whole root powder ~ and on top make sure the delivery mechanism is right (oil based). This should give us all the possible good with a good delivery mechanism.

I have not seen any data that says BCM95 is exlusively better over the whole root and neither the opposite ~ so why play, get both and hope for the best....

europe wrote:i understand lund....

but, if so, i will always take jarrows curcumin 95 for example ALWAYS WITH FOOD, and always with one capsule of Borage oil and/or krill oil. So that would be cool....or perhaps the mix will not be as perfect in the stoach, this is why they need to be completely mixes prior eating....that would make sense too...

So to get back to your post above, you are not so "agree" with the new chapter "whole" theory.... I mean, why use curcu95 if we only have 10% in real root....perhpas that is the 11% curcum comiend with the 80 other stuff that make the effetc...
So, perhaps it's not a so real good idea, at least NECESSARY, to add 95 to the new chapter softgel.

I suppose that one full teaspoon of whole turmeric powder is not enough effective to work for hair no ? because it's no big deal to mix one teaspoon in olive oil....when we are at home....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 am

Personally, I feel pretty confident about New Chapter, especially regarding Turmeric/Curcumin. They use a 200 to 1 extract if I read correctly. From feedback over the years I can confidently say their products work. Jarrow is another great company and probably either way you're not going to go wrong. LEF BCM-95 seems decent enough, but I'm going to give Turmeric Force a try.

I've used New Chapter's Zyflamend product in the past, which can be considered their flagship product--probably their best selling. It contains plenty of Turmeric in there and you can feel it in the stomach.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:16 am

We are talking about turmeric etc...cool...

But, if that works, how can we say that this thing works, say with resveretrol....
Because nobody speaks about hair in the feedback no ?

And last, as anyone is different, and as many people experienced BAD (hair) reaction with 7HMR, what are the main bad side effetcs apart stomach aches if not taken with food or lipids....

Even if i know that curcumin alone won't treat hairloss ( except with mix with resveretrol though)...
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:43 am

So I emptied a Jarrow BCM95 capsule in warm/hot milk, mixed it well, and drank the concoction ~ man, my head has been dizzy for the last 20 minutes ~ just light headed and it is 1:30PM here. This shit is serious under milk. I never got the same dizziness after taking just the capsule. So much so that next time I will only do this before bedtime ~ I am di--zzzz----yyyyyyyy

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:01 am

yeah....dizzy man does not interst me. In the contrary, dizzy hairy man does !

hey lund, if you're dizzy with Curcumin, DO NOT DRINK WINE AFTER THAT !! i'm kidding....drink a whole bottle of good red wine (bourgogne) ,
And get laid maaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!( don't forget to take maca though)
then rest (dont forget to take sensoril)
then breathe ( don't forget to take cod liver for the smell)
then smile to your girlfriend ( don't forget to take whole turmeric powder in the mouth)
than get laid again !!!! ( don't forget to take EC to avoid inflammation of the bodies...)

Am i the only one laughing here ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 am

hey CS, New Chapter, Zyflamend, 120 Softgel Capsules seems to have great reviews....

and great ingredients....for inflammation though.

Do you think that at this dosage, that could be usefull for hair ?
instead of taking Turmeric, resveretrol (Polygonum cuspidatum) , and green tea that are considered helpful in your regimen in independant pills ( but in higher dosage)

Fortunatly, EC is master here....but apart EC, what is your opinion ? question is for everyone though !!
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:17 am

europe - The only reason I used this in the past was to test its potential effect on hair. Unfortunately, I did not take it long enough to know. I didn't like the way it felt on an empty stomach.

Many of the ingredients such as Barberry have been used to fight hair loss. But when you compare the price and also the amount of turmeric you're getting, Turmeric Force might be a better value.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:00 am

Do you guys get yellow/orange pee after taking your respective curcumin pills?

I remember the first couple of time on the Jarrow, I got fairly deep yellow urine - but there after, no effect on the urine. Will report what happens with this hot milk suspension test...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:26 am

lund wrote:Do you guys get yellow/orange pee after taking your respective curcumin pills?

I remember the first couple of time on the Jarrow, I got fairly deep yellow urine - but there after, no effect on the urine. Will report what happens with this hot milk suspension test...
No yellow pee here.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:37 am

lund - Funny, I think I have noticed more yellow effect since taking the LEF BCM-95 Curcumin, and that is meaningful considering that I am not taking ANY SYNTHETIC B-vitamins whatsoever.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 pm

In the hair loss study, "Curcuma rhizome (titrated dried extract) 95%" was used. Subjects took about 80 mg. of this, along with resveratrol, vitamin C, wheat germ (a vitamin E source), and capsicum (cayenne pepper).

Their results were "...while the group treated with resveratrol and curcumin showed with great surprise a reduction, sometimes also relevant, in variable time periods. Moreover, during this testing, the patients treated with resveratrol and curcumin surprisingly showed positive improvements in the treatment of psoriasis and the attenuation and even a stop of the hair loss, a reduction of the hair graying and the rebirth of hair in bald areas sometimes even of the original color too."

I believe the "rhizome" is probably, for hair loss sufferers, an essential (if not, most important) part of the equation. That said, I like the idea of also adding, as IH and lund stated, the whole turmeric herb. And with price of Turmeric Force almost cut in half, why not.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:04 am

The natural - So, you'll probably continue to take jarrow or LEF 95 , with turmeric force for the whole thing ( or will you take whole powder that will be less effective than turmeric force ?
The question is : does "turmeric force" contain all the stuff found in the whole turmeric powder ? ( i p^resume that is what you call rhizome no ? )

CS- still take Vitamin code ? it's true that this shit is cool. 6 forms of Vit E, niacinamide, good form of vit A etc....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 am

- LUND and CS

First week on Jarrows curc/resv taken just after a meal, I got deep yellow pee everytime.
I then started taking the combo after having a full TBS organic sesame seeds(chew it well to get the lignans out) and a TBS of organic sesame oil .Funny but after the very first time of doing this,I noticed absolutely normal urine colour...
And ever since ,no deep yellow urine again
Don t know if this can be evaluated...
The idea for sesame as per Natural's recommendation in another post.( Thanks TN by the way! )
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 am

Lund -

do you believe that emptying the Jarrows curcumin cap within oil or hot beverage would be preferable or just gulping down the capsule as it is together with some oil and/or hot milk serves exactly the same purpose ?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 am

Guys, we are no expert here or Curcumin ~ just experimenters.

I think the evidence is overwhelming out there suggesting that Curcumin or Turmeric (the whole root) should be added to some delivery medium for optimizing absorption. As such, at least I am convinced, that whatever you do - try to take curcumin/turmeric/BCM95 with the oil delivery mechanism or the hot milk / chocolate combo.

From what I have read, you need to *dissolve* the Turmeric/curcumin/BCM95 in oil before taking it in, so gulping oil and powder separately may not be as effective. The goal is to dissolve the turmeric/curcumin in some type of fat(oil, milk, choccolate, yoghurt) so that it escapes the gut "AS IS" and gets into the intestines (if I remember reading this correctly). Based on this I am adding it to warm milk before drinking the curcumin 95 from Jarrow. It is too early to say if this is going to do anything for me ~ but others before us have been doing this for centuries. In the Asian sub continent (India Pakistan Bangladesh) turmeric to be taken as a drink is expected to be always mixed in warm milk, so the precedent is already there for this type of delivery.

edony wrote:Lund -

do you believe that emptying the Jarrows curcumin cap within oil or hot beverage would be preferable or just gulping down the capsule as it is together with some oil and/or hot milk serves exactly the same purpose ?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:23 am

europe - Yes, I use the Vitamin Code, it's pretty cool stuff.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:18 am

I hate to be a skeptic, but I am not inclined to think that turmeric in any form will make a great difference. I just don't come across many anecdotal reports, real life testimonials, that say curcurmin cured my hairloss/regrew hair. The herb has been widely used for very long, and the people of the culture that consumes most seem to suffer from hair loss rampantly.

Chlorella on the other hand seems special. I have been trying to figure out what has been benefitting me as of late and I am pretty sure it's the chlorella. If you search you will come across many testimonials claiming reversal of hair loss, hair greying, etc from chlorella. Currently I use Chlorenergy brand.

As far as Turmeric, I went with the New Chapter product. I am happy to use it for its liver protecting benefit.

Perhaps I am entirely wrong about turmeric; just my gut feeling and limited experience with the herb.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 am

Gibson - I would doubt that Curcumin on its own would do enough. I also heard about Chlorella and hair loss, I like it and have often switched between it and spirulina, but couldn't tell if it made any discernible benefit hair wise.

I also tried Hydrilla Verticillata, which had some anecdotal hair regrowth--but also know discernible difference.

Can't go wrong health wise with any of these though.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 am

I agree, which also is why I will continue to take Turmeric.

Regarding chlorella, I think it is making a very significant impact on hair/inflammation, but I'm still sussing it out. Seems like when I dropped the chlorella, things took a turn, and when I picked it back up, I was ok--and originally, when i added it, there was a marked improvement. I suppose if I were to drop the turmeric, I'd know better what role it is playing in the short term.

All said, it is too early for me to draw a conclusion.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Smile @ edony

lund, I believe that we do eventually become "experts" as to what benefits our hair, through trial and error. Thanks for your suggestions, by the way. I read somewhere that "How to take supplements is just as important as what supplements to take." I agree.

Gibson, I have, in the past, taken curcumin by itself for several months, and it didn't do a thing for my hair loss condition either. So I can tell you with absolute certainty that the addition of resveratrol is the difference, at least for me, that is.

Similarly, the curcumin/resveratrol hair loss study also stated that those subjects who took only resveratrol did not experience any changes in their hair loss condition.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:15 pm

europe wrote:The natural - So, you'll probably continue to take jarrow or LEF 95 , with turmeric force for the whole thing ( or will you take whole powder that will be less effective than turmeric force ?
The question is : does "turmeric force" contain all the stuff found in the whole turmeric powder ? ( i p^resume that is what you call rhizome no ? )

CS- still take Vitamin code ? it's true that this shit is cool. 6 forms of Vit E, niacinamide, good form of vit A etc....

europe,

A good question might be whether this hair loss study used the whole turmeric rhizome (root) or just isolated and extracted certain compounds from the rhizome (e.g. curcumin). It's hard to tell. To be safe, you could take both Jarrow and New Chapter's curcumin. One of each, with resveratrol.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:20 am

one of each at the same time ?or turmeric force am ,jarrows pm?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:54 am

I'll say for thing for BCM-95 Curcumin, that stuff does stick around twice as long.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 am

edony wrote:one of each at the same time ?or turmeric force am ,jarrows pm?

I would spread them out: one in the morning; and one in the evening. As lund pointed out, the Jarrow's curcumin could be taken with something like warm milk to increase its absorption.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm

TN-
on the other hand ,you've had results so far by just taking jarrows curcumin as is,after meal ,no mixing and emptying out the capsule content.You just combine it with resv.
Well,I'll go your way ,since you have first hand experience and all the rest is just speculations...
I noticed you've dropped ACV from your regimen.Why is that?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next