Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Curcumin : The Natural / CS

+7
NewReg
Gibson
lund
Joejoebaggins
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
europe
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Curcumin : The Natural / CS - Page 2 Empty Re: Curcumin : The Natural / CS

Post  lund Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Why not much independent published data on BCM-95? I am just curious. Most of the Curcumin research work is on the base product, I hope that what has been lifted up from turmeric to make BCM-95 is the Good stuff we are looking for.

I was at the Asian food store the othe day and saw 1 pound of Turmeric root wrapped in a white styrofoam tray for $1.99. I wish there was an easy way to take this whole root w/o have to worry about bioavailability issues.

There is a lot of discussion on adding the raw turmeric or Curcumin to some sort of Fat (cocunut milk , dark chocolate, etc) to make it into the lymphatic system for direct absorption:

Bioavailability of curcumin

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:56 am

IH, are you still fond of the New Chapter Curcumin product?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:05 am

Joejoebaggins - New Chapter is probably one of the best in the business and when it comes to Turmeric/Curcumin they probably are the best. The makers of New Chapter put Turmeric in practically everything they sell and they considered it the world's most important herb.

Their Turmeric force has almost a perfect rating score.

New Chapter seems to confirm the added benefit of oil to enhance curcumin absorption. Standard Co-Q10 absorption is almost improved with both fat and heat,
so much like the link lund provided it makes sense.

Off memory there is a study that suggests that long term use of curcumin at even low doses will increase efficacy. Turmeric Force has an up to 200:1 extract
this is probably a better value than Life Extension in the long run.

I've used this product in the past, and would only take it with a meal, since you can feel this stuff if you don't. I think I'll try Turmeric Force for a while after
I'm finished with BCM-95. It could be an overall better value.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:24 am

guys, it is well known that curcumin is liposoluble. So for bioavailablity, you MUST mix it with olive oil, EFA's, coco oil...

If you wanna play root, put a full tea spoon in a cup, 1 or 2 tsp of oilve oil, mix it up, and put it in the mouth...don't smile at that moment.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:24 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Joejoebaggins - New Chapter is probably one of the best in the business and when it comes to Turmeric/Curcumin they probably are the best. The makers of New Chapter put Turmeric in practically everything they sell and they considered it the world's most important herb.

I used Tumeric Force for a couple of months in the summer. And it is some powerful stuff. Will probably buy it again, after my last bottle of Jarrow's.

I would caution users not to refrigerate this product. I did (don't ask me why), and developed a terrible rash all over my body.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:40 am

The Natural wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Joejoebaggins - New Chapter is probably one of the best in the business and when it comes to Turmeric/Curcumin they probably are the best. The makers of New Chapter put Turmeric in practically everything they sell and they considered it the world's most important herb.

I used Tumeric Force for a couple of months in the summer. And it is some powerful stuff. Will probably buy it again, after my last bottle of Jarrow's.

I would caution users not to refrigerate this product. I did (don't ask me why), and developed a terrible rash all over my body.

When you say powerful do you mean blood sugar lowering abilities? Focus/mood?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Joe, as to its ability to lower blood-sugar levels, I don't know. But one thing that I can tell you is that my craving for sweets was noticeably reduced, while using Turmeric Force.

I like the fact that this turmeric is "suspended in oils," for better absorption. And the convenience of only having to take one turmeric capsule a day is another plus.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Here's some explanation on what Curcumin may do for insulin and blood sugar.

Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009 Feb;11(2):241-9.
Curcumin supplementation lowers TNF-alpha, IL-6, IL-8, and MCP-1 secretion in high glucose-treated cultured monocytes and blood levels of TNF-alpha, IL-6, MCP-1, glucose, and glycosylated hemoglobin in diabetic rats.
Jain SK, Rains J, Croad J, Larson B, Jones K.

Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA. sjain@lsuhsc.edu

This study examined the hypothesis that curcumin supplementation decreases blood levels of IL-6, MCP-1, TNF-alpha, hyperglycemia, and oxidative stress by using a cell-culture model and a diabetic rat model. U937 monocytes were cultured with control (7 mM) and high glucose (35 mM) in the absence or presence of curcumin (0.01-1 microM) at 37 degrees C for 24 h. Diabetes was induced in Sprague-Dawley rats by injection of streptozotocin (STZ) (i.p., 65 mg/kg BW). Control buffer, olive oil, or curcumin (100 mg/kg BW) supplementation was administered by gavage daily for 7 weeks. Blood was collected by heart puncture with light anesthesia. Results show that the effect of high glucose on lipid peroxidation, IL-6, IL-8, MCP-1, and TNF-alpha secretion was inhibited by curcumin in cultured monocytes. In the rat model, diabetes caused a significant increase in blood levels of IL-6, MCP-1, TNF-alpha, glucose, HbA(1), and oxidative stress, which was significantly decreased in curcumin-supplemented rats. Thus, curcumin can decrease markers of vascular inflammation and oxidative stress levels in both a cell-culture model and in the blood of diabetic rats. This suggests that curcumin supplementation can reduce glycemia and the risk of vascular inflammation in diabetes.

Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008 May;80(2):185-91. Epub 2008 Jan 24.
Curcumin inhibits glucose production in isolated mice hepatocytes.
Fujiwara H, Hosokawa M, Zhou X, Fujimoto S, Fukuda K, Toyoda K, Nishi Y, Fujita Y, Yamada K, Yamada Y, Seino Y, Inagaki N.

Department of Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin, Kawahara-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan.

Curcumin is a compound derived from the spice turmeric, and is a potent anti-oxidant, anti-carcinogenic, and anti-hepatotoxic agent. We have investigated the acute effects of curcumin on hepatic glucose production. Gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis in isolated hepatocytes, and gluconeogenetic enzyme activity after 120 min exposure to curcumin were measured. Hepatic gluconeogenesis from 1 mM pyruvate was inhibited in a concentration-dependent manner, with a maximal decrease of 45% at the concentration of 25 microM. After 120 min exposure to 25 microM curcumin, hepatic gluconeogenesis from 2mM dihydroxyacetone phosphate and hepatic glycogenolysis were inhibited by 35% and 20%, respectively. Insulin also inhibited hepatic gluconeogenesis from 1mM pyruvate and inhibited hepatic glycogenolysis in a concentration-dependent manner. Curcumin (25 microM) showed an additive inhibitory effect with insulin on both hepatic gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis, indicating that curcumin inhibits hepatic glucose production in an insulin-independent manner. After 120 min exposure to 25 microM curcumin, hepatic glucose-6-phosphatase (G6Pase) activity and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) activity both were inhibited by 30%, but fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBPase) was not reduced. After 120 min exposure to 25 microM curcumin, phosphorylation of AMP kinase alpha-Thr(172) was increased. Thus, the anti-diabetic effects of curcumin are partly due to a reduction in hepatic glucose production caused by activation of AMP kinase and inhibition of G6Pase activity and PEPCK activity.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm currently using Turmeric Force by New Chapter. I wasn't a big fan of it until I combined it with Doctor's Best Resveratrol. The main reason being that the curcumin alone kind of just "sat" in my digestive tract. However, once I combined the two I noticed a huge difference. I take one capsule of each after lunch and it turns my stomach into a churn -- I literally feel it bubbling inside. I haven't been taking it long enough to notice any difference with my hair (about 3 weeks), but I'm hopeful.

I've thought of switching to a transdermal resveratrol after I'm through with the Doctor's Best, but I fear losing the synergistic reaction.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:42 am

Turmeric Force contains 11% of curcuminoids and 45% turmerones. Other Curcumin products are 95% curcuminoids. Is there something special about turmerones? Seems strange that this product would be so potent with a low amount of the ingredients we're going for. Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to figure it out.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 am

Joejoebaggins wrote:Turmeric Force contains 11% of curcuminoids and 45% turmerones. Other Curcumin products are 95% curcuminoids. Is there something special about turmerones? Seems strange that this product would be so potent with a low amount of the ingredients we're going for. Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to figure it out.

I think I am going to try taking the Super Bio in the AM and the Turmeric force in the PM and see how that goes.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 am

This bubbling does not sound so good, I probably would be concerned if I were you ~ but that's me...

NewReg wrote:I'm currently using Turmeric Force by New Chapter. I wasn't a big fan of it until I combined it with Doctor's Best Resveratrol. The main reason being that the curcumin alone kind of just "sat" in my digestive tract. However, once I combined the two I noticed a huge difference. I take one capsule of each after lunch and it turns my stomach into a churn -- I literally feel it bubbling inside. I haven't been taking it long enough to notice any difference with my hair (about 3 weeks), but I'm hopeful.

I've thought of switching to a transdermal resveratrol after I'm through with the Doctor's Best, but I fear losing the synergistic reaction.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 am

Europe, I was able to find actual root - not the powder at my local grocery store really cheap (1.99 for a pound). How can one use the actual root for oil emulsification?

europe wrote:guys, it is well known that curcumin is liposoluble. So for bioavailablity, you MUST mix it with olive oil, EFA's, coco oil...

If you wanna play root, put a full tea spoon in a cup, 1 or 2 tsp of oilve oil, mix it up, and put it in the mouth...don't smile at that moment.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 am

lund- Sorry for the misunderstanding, when i said "root", i was talking about "going back to the roots"...

Anyway, ginseng can also be bought in the root form.
So i assume that you can "grind" your turmeric root in a grinder, and bam : your powder's here !

I buy my curcumin in a powder from, ORGANIC ONE. mix with oilve oil, eat my meal, and have a french red wine !
always that lure in a pill... ;-)

Yeah, but i'm listening, and perhaps i plan to buy Jarrow's ou LEF's....or turmecric until it gets cleat on the curcuminoids....
Anyway, i'm very new to that curcumin/redwine combo....too soon to say....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Joejoebaggins - New Chapter is kind of a phenomenon. They use a very highly concentrated (supercritical extract) which is probably as good as BCM-95. I don't know this for sure, but I do know this--New Chapter was the first company to my knowledge to test their curcumin in a study on its COX & LOX inhibition.

Here's there explanation on supercritical extraction:

http://www.newchapter.com/research/view/supercritical-extraction
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am

What do you guys think of the AOR curecumin? It's pretty new and uses a "nano delivery system".

DISCUSSION: CureCuminTM is a curcumin complex extracted from turmeric (Curcuma longa Linn.), a key botanical in Ayurvedic medicine, and bio-enhanced for greater absorption via a patent-pending process. Curcumin modulates an extensive range of inflammatory signal molecules and enhances the immune system.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

http://tinyurl.com/csernu
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:26 pm

It seems like standard curcumin 95% extract suspended in sesame oil with the Nano word slapped ontop?

Seriously, do they talk about the process or the science or the research / testing on this so called Nano technology for emulsification?

We all know now that oil added to curcumin would help the bioavailability as adding the damn thing to warm milk or chocolate. I know in Indian setup, they ask to drink "Haldi" which is turmeric with warm Milk as a nutritious and healthy drink (not in cold milk, it is supposed to be warm) ~ so this has been known for few centuries that either oil or warm milk will help with the efficacy of turmeric intake.

Joejoebaggins wrote:http://tinyurl.com/csernu

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 am

Joejoebaggins wrote:Turmeric Force contains 11% of curcuminoids and 45% turmerones. Other Curcumin products are 95% curcuminoids. Is there something special about turmerones? Seems strange that this product would be so potent with a low amount of the ingredients we're going for. Not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to figure it out.

Joe, this is the response I got from New Chapter:

"Thank you for your inquiry and for your interest in New Chapter supplements. Curcumin is a single phytochemical in turmeric which is often isolated and consumed in supplemental form and is not readily absorbed. However, New Chapter does not deliver isolated curcumin in Turmericforce™️. Rather, the product features a dual extract of the whole herb, and numerous studies indicate curcumin's activity and bioavailability is significantly enhanced when delivered in the context of the other 4 known curcuminoids and the hundreds of other constituents in the whole plant.

We believe that optimum safety and therapeutic efficacy of turmeric is achieved when this incredible healing herb is consumed in the same form that is has been for thousands of years. One serving of Turmericforce™️ provides the equivalent of 2 grams of whole turmeric, the daily per capita consumption in India.

New Chapter uses only the highest quality extracts of whole herbs. Companies that advertise “95 % Curcumin” are selling what is known as a standardized extract. This means that they take the turmeric rhizome; isolate and extract the compound they want (in this case curcumin) and they discard the rest of the plant material. The curcuminoids occur naturally in the turmeric root at approximately 5-7%. We believe that this type of extract misses the complex value of the whole herb and the extract takes on a more pharmaceutical nature. Instead of standardizing, New Chapter uses a potency assurance process to make sure that our organic, supercritical turmeric extract (highly concentrated 200:1) contains at least 11 % of the important curcuminoids (naturally available due to the organic growing practices used). We prefer to offer the full spectrum of compounds as nature intended. For this reason, physicians like Dr Andrew Weil frequently recommend New Chapter’s TurmericForce™️ to their patients. Ultimately, it is up to you and your physician to decide which approach is right for you.

Turmericforce™️ is a full spectrum extract of turmeric and a standardized extract including 295mg of curcumin is a turmeric spiked extract of curcumin. It is hard to accurately make an equivalent suggestion. A full spectrum extract of turmeric will naturally contain about 5-11% curcuminoids so 400mg or one softgel of Turmericforce™️ provides about 35.2 mg curcuminoids.

At New Chapter we believe that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. We feel that leaving the ratio between curcuminoids and the other hundreds of beneficial phyto-nutrients within turmeric as they naturally occur provides the greatest possible benefits that this amazing herb has to offer.

Our Turmericforce™️ is in an oil base because it is the ideal medium for combining the fat soluble supercritical extract with the ethanolic extract.

Consumer Labs found that Turmericforce™️ was not contaminated with lead or cadmium and that it had the stated levels of constituents."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 pm

I bailed on ordering the BIO-95 product.

Here's why: I have already gone through Nature's Way Curcumin product, Jarrow's and New Chapter's in the past. I doubted one more would make such a difference. Also, I like taking the whole herb. The whole sensory aspect is somewhat appealing which the whole herb even in capsule delivers.

The email from New Chapter reinforces my decisions, as I am currently on about 3 grams a day for dirt cheap.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:57 pm

So chief how are you taking it? 3g raw turmeric root powder or are you adding it to oil/warm milk?

I think a decent approach would be to take the curcumin (95% jarrow or any other), add the raw turmeric bulk powder and then drop it into some oil (or other fat soluble medium for transport) ~ this should give us a well rounded and cheap turmeric option.

So still no info on the rocket science NANO technology from New Chapter?

Gibson wrote:I bailed on ordering the BIO-95 product.

Here's why: I have already gone through Nature's Way Curcumin product, Jarrow's and New Chapter's in the past. I doubted one more would make such a difference. Also, I like taking the whole herb. The whole sensory aspect is somewhat appealing which the whole herb even in capsule delivers.

The email from New Chapter reinforces my decisions, as I am currently on about 3 grams a day for dirt cheap.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm also convinced on the whole herb concept, and New Chapter is top notch, already have this stuff in my shopping cart.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:05 pm

So considering the The natural regimen or CS's, you think that one soft gel of New Chapter, Turmeric Force, 60 Softgel Capsules, alonw with red wine and/or one resveretrol jarrows softgel, would be fine ?

a good start though....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:04 am

Taking Jarrow by itself is probably not wise ~ I think the idea would be to find a good/cheap source of BCM95 (one is Jarrow), take the powder from the capsule then add raw turmeric powder to it (to get the whole raw turmeric powder) mix them together, add some oil (or warm milk) and take it.

New chapter alone ~ the problem is that it misses the highly concentrated BCM95 stuff, which may have some benefits ~ does have the oil delivery mechanism
Jarrows BCM95 ~ it does not have the whole root + it misses the oil delivery mechanism (bioavailability issue)
LEF ~ does not have the oil delivery + does not have the whole root ~ but is very concentrated in curcumin

So if you take New chapter, you may want to add the BCM95+oil to give you the concentrated curcumin as well (just in case it has the value).

europe wrote:So considering the The natural regimen or CS's, you think that one soft gel of New Chapter, Turmeric Force, 60 Softgel Capsules, alonw with red wine and/or one resveretrol jarrows softgel, would be fine ?

a good start though....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:15 am

i understand lund....

but, if so, i will always take jarrows curcumin 95 for example ALWAYS WITH FOOD, and always with one capsule of Borage oil and/or krill oil. So that would be cool....or perhaps the mix will not be as perfect in the stoach, this is why they need to be completely mixes prior eating....that would make sense too...

So to get back to your post above, you are not so "agree" with the new chapter "whole" theory.... I mean, why use curcu95 if we only have 10% in real root....perhpas that is the 11% curcum comiend with the 80 other stuff that make the effetc...
So, perhaps it's not a so real good idea, at least NECESSARY, to add 95 to the new chapter softgel.

I suppose that one full teaspoon of whole turmeric powder is not enough effective to work for hair no ? because it's no big deal to mix one teaspoon in olive oil....when we are at home....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next