Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS

3 posters

Go down

thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS Empty thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS

Post  dudebro Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:01 am

i randomly ran across a fact that increased/decreased lunula (the crescent white part of the proximal finger nail) can indicate thyroid problems (large lunula equals hyperthyroid and small/no lunula equals hypothyroid). i examined my finger nails and noticed the some of nail beds don't completely turn red when i apply pressure. my pinky nails are almost completely white (increased lunula). and then some of my nails are completely missing lunula. i have one normal looking lunula on my R thumb.

i know there is a basal barnes test... but hypothetically considering this lunula test for thyroid problems.. would iodine work to help both over and under active thyroid?

now i know theres millions of threads on this, but i wanted to know some thoughts on this type of test from people knowledgeable with thyroid issues.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS Empty Re: thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:13 am

I haven't ever seen any research on the subject, but anecdotally I've heard that many people who begin taking iodine or eating a good deal of seaweeds will have the "moons" reappear on their fingers. Could be a result of thyroid. I've heard that the moons are a physical sign of peripheral oxygen delivery. I've also heard it said that you should be able to see the moons on your thumb and first three fingers. Again no scientific proof, but interesting.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS Empty Re: thyroid problems- lunula link. possible topic for CS

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:18 am

Yes, I know of this, however I wonder about its validity. No studies that I know of, and I have looked at many. So far it's a mixed result.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 am

yeah i can't find any scientific evidence, but then again i wouldn't expect to these days. stuff like this gets shelved as mumbo jumbo.
i think it holds some validity.

im not very familiar with the mechanism of how the thyroid utilizes iodine. is it more of a regulator of the thyroid or does it only help if you have hypothyroidism as opposed to hyperthyroidism?

another interesting note I've seen before is that the nerves in the nail beds are closely linked to scalp circulation.. I've never tried rubbing my nails together but i mean it couldn't hurt i guess and it doesn't take any time out of my day.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 am

Something interesting to think about. My first couple years of college when I was smoking cigarettes regularly, my fingernails changed color. They went from being more pink, skin-toned to a blue-ish gray. I thought it was odd, and always assumed it was poor oxygen delivery.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down