Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyYesterday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid)

3 posters

Go down

Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) Empty Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid)

Post  whodathunkit Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 am

Every time I do something to enhance my thyroid (iodine or HLAF diet), the fibroid tumors in my uterus seem to get bigger, press on my bladder, I get extreme nocturia, and I can't sleep. It seems like anything I do that enhances thyroid affects the fibroids.

This really sucks because I love the way I feel for the first few days when I'm doing stuff that's good for my thyroid: increased energy, overall better mood and feeling of well-being, generally need less sleep, etc. And I can get to sleep, and I can go back to sleep after waking, but my sleep is broken because I wake up needing to piss so much. After a week or two the utter lack of quality sleep brought about by the polyuria at night overwhelms me. Last night I got up at least five times. I don't have quite as bad a problem during the day, but it's still more frequent than when I've not been on a thyroid enhancing regimen.

I think the increased urination is from the fibroids pressing on my bladder (gyn told me they were). And what's weird is that when I do things to help my thyroid, after just a very short while, I can actually feel my fibroids getting bigger. For the last couple of months I've been taking herbs to decrease them, and I deep palpate my abdomen just under then navel daily to check on progress. As recently as Saturday they felt a whole lot smaller. But 8 days ago I started my first 5-day cycle of iodine (one drop of nascent iodine in water in the a.m.), and the past couple days they've obviously grown.

This pattern first happened when I started doing the IH top six, plus I was taking Iodoral 12.5 mgs. That was back in August or September and I haven't done iodine since. I quit taking the IH top six at that time, then gradually added everything back in except iodine. I've been fine.

In addition to the top six I also started a program to rebuild my adrenals so that my body could handle the increased metabolism from rehabbing my thyroid. I thought maybe adrenal exhaustion was the root problem.

Then I started HLAF about a month or so ago (the beginning of December or thereabouts). This pissing thing happened again when I was on it for about a week. No iodine then, just a (fairly strict) HLAF diet plus adrenal regimen. So I quit doing HLAF b/c I wanted to sleep.

Now it's happening again after that teensy little 5-day-1-drop-per-day iodine cycle.

I'm wondering if CS or anyone can hazard an educated guess as to the hormonal loops that might be causing this shit to happen? Could my adrenals be the root cause? I'm quite frustrated because overall I feel a whole lot better, and I want to continue rehabbing my thyroid by cycling iodine and/or doing HLAF. I want to regrow my hair and I want to find out if my thyroid is the root cause of my hair loss or not. But I'm not sure how much ultimate good any thyroid enhancing regimen is going to do if I have to stop for a month or more to recover after only a week or less of doing it.

Please help. Thanks guys.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) Empty Re: Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid)

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 am

whodathunkit - Iodide in much larger amounts, especially SSKI can help shrink these fibroids, and it is likely that you are probably not getting anywhere near the iodine/iodide that you need.

However, if it's not the case or you want to try another method, there is one other factor and that is folate metabolism. The answer here is L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF) http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Fully-Active-Folate-Featuring-Quatrefolic-400-mcg-90-Veggie-Caps/38067?at=hil335

If you want accelerate a way to dissolves these things, try taking Serrapeptase or equivalent if not already.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid) Empty Re: Problems with increasing metabolism/thyroid)

Post  whodathunkit Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 am

I was taking serrapeptase for a while but quit b/c I had so many things to take "on an empty stomach" that I was finding very little time to actually eat. LOL I was taking it for fibrosis on scalp, but now that I think of it, my fibroid symptoms got a little better during that time.

Anyways, okay, I'm ready to jump in with both feet. After considering it all day I'm wondering if my problem isn't just an overly cautious, half-assed approach to my thyroid. I took 25mg Iodoral today and no ill effects. If anything I'm more calm and relaxed than I have been all week. I also had someone check my blood pressure right before I left work, 105/72. Lower than in a long time. Things feel smaller in the abdomen, too. Sometimes it changes that fast.

CS, how much SSKI/day would you recommend for optimizing thyroid and dissolving fibroids?

Do you still recommend the Tri-Quench?

Also, when taking serrapeptase, can it be taken with other "empty stomach" supplements (like humifulvate and iodine/SSKI) or should it be done strictly by itself?

Thanks for the advice.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:37 pm

whodathunkit - I forgot to mention just one thing. Myomin. This is a potent and effective aromatase inhibitor that works well for this situation.

How much SSKI? Start slow....and build up to 100 mg. Tri-Quench is fine.

Note, you do not have to do the silk worm enzymes, since that only helps shrink them, but doesn't fix the cause of it.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks, CS. I have some Myomin on the way.

But in the meantime I was researching and found a thread at another forum

http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?15631-Myomin

First guy posts about myomin:
I have a new guy posting at my H2 group and he is from Sealttle. His T levels are 6.3 out of a range of 20.0 to 200.0 never seen a range like this but he is on.
A bunch of pills to block estrogen (Myomin), pituitary
support, GLA, Vicacon (anti viral),Cortisol Manager(calm adrenals),
Pregnenolone, and Testosterone 75mg PLO cream with DHEA 50mg which he apply as a
gel once everyday in the morning.

He says he's been on this over 2 weeks and after being sick for 15 yrs now he feels great.

I think he has a good Dr. and it's so dam good to see a new member posting about how good TRT is doing for him and not needing help.

But is this Myomin something new never heard of it.
http://www.energeticnutrition.com/vi...=WD6Lgm59S&kw=[myomin]&creative=5384254326&gclid=CJua6_WvwaUCFdLLKgodRBA kXA

Then another guy (who is a "supermoderator") says:
I have personal experience with [myomin]. It contains mostly SERMs, not aromatase suppressants. I validated this via serum tests. My serum E2 was always very high when my E2 symptoms went low.

I stopped taking it because it was advertised to include aromatase inhibitors, but I can safely say it hs none.
and
What [your forum poster] really needs to know is that he's most likely making a big mistake trying to suppress his E2.

Our body only raises E2 to keep T metabolism downregulated when cortisol goes too low. His solution of choice is to boost his cortisol, not suppress his E2.

His pursuit of downregulating his E2 metabolism is based on a bodybuilder's approach to boosting mulscles to enormous size, rather than our approach which is to restore bodies to youthful metabolism. It makes absolute sense that someone who wants to make his mulscles appear enormous will have to send his T levels into the stratosphere, and suppress his E2.

But these bodybuilders start out with normal T and E2 and cortisol levels, and then crank their levels up from that point.

Your forum poster is most likely starting with a body which is functionally degraded to begin with.

Your forum poster's body has only cranked up E2 in response to a reduction in cortisol. This is not the same reason why male bodybuilders suppress their E2.

Your forum poster needs to boost his cortisol to the point where his T metabolism is being downregulated by cortisol, not E2. As this occurs, his E2 levels will return to optimum without Myomin or arimidex.

I found the remarks
Our body only raises E2 to keep T metabolism downregulated when cortisol goes too low. His solution of choice is to boost his cortisol, not suppress his E2...Your forum poster's body has only cranked up E2 in response to a reduction in cortisol...Your forum poster needs to boost his cortisol to the point where his T metabolism is being downregulated by cortisol, not E2. As this occurs, his E2 levels will return to optimum without Myomin

most interesting because both low cortisol and high E2 are my problems. My cortisol according to a 24-hour saliva hormone test is pretty much flatlined. It's severely below normal in the early part of the day (when it should be highest) and just barely within normal at the end of the day. Instead of a negative slope like they should be my cortisol levels are essentially zero slope.

But my E2 levels are quite high, and my testosterone levels are low.

However, lately I have been attacking my adrenal fatigue with a vengenance, and overall been feeling much better, especially in the morning. Even with the episodic lack of sleep I'm much better than I used to be when sleep deprived. Plus, my temperament seems to be stabilizing...I'm not as hypersensitive to stuff, and when I do get upset about something it rolls off me much easier and I don't shake or get sick to my stomach, etc. I'm more "whatever", like I used to be, instead of being a perpetually pissed off middle-aged witch. So I think my cortisol levels have been normalizing.

That said...CS, can you comment on this guy's remarks? About the purported lack of aromatease inhibitors in myomin as well as what he says about E2? I know he's referring to male bodybuilders not women with fibroids, but I'm still curious. I wonder if my testosterone levels are low/E2 high because my cortisol is so low, and if, because my cortisol levels are probably going up as my adrenals get better, everything will normalize by itself.

With the myomin I definitely don't want to downramp my estrogen production too much, although I do want to get rid of the fibroids. Plus I think high estradiol is a big factor in my hair loss. Do you think I can suppress estrogen too much with this supplement, given the improvements I've already seen?

BTW, for fibroids/hormone stabilization I'm already taking:

Oral progesterone (50-100mg depending on time of the month)
Ezzeac tea (4 oz./day for about two months, anecdotal reputation for dissolving fibroids)
Vitex/Chasteberry (400mg/3x/day for about three weeks, same reputation as above)
Iodine (24 mg/day Iodoral for past two days and until SSKI arrives, on your advice)

Also worth mentioning is that I've been able to normalize my fasting blood sugar by paying close attention to diet and exercising regularly again. Plus I think better healthier adrenals are helping me there.

Any comments appreciated.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:52 am

whodathunkit - Wouldn't take those remarks as applicable to you. Myomin will help increase the good estrogen metabolite 2/16 hydroxyestrone.

Also, bear in mind that the use of progesterone only magnifies the benefit of taking Myomin. Myomin has the best results on your situation. In fact, whether it is a male taking testosterone or a female taking progesterone, they will benefit by taking Myomin.

Myomin competes with estradiol at the target cells estrogen receptors.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:40 pm

Works for me. I'll update with any results. Thanks, CS! Very Happy

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyw Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anybody know what Mercolas beef is with Lugols?

jimmyw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down