Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase

+5
Crusher
edony
Amaranthaceae
Silverlin
CausticSymmetry
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase Empty Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Food Chem Toxicol. 2009 Feb;47(2):410-7.
Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in BV2 microglia via the MAP kinase and NF-kappaB pathways.
Jung WK, Ahn YW, Lee SH, Choi YH, Kim SK, Yea SS, Choi I, Park SG, Seo SK, Lee SW, Choi IW.

Department of Marine Life Science, Marine Life Research Center, Chosun University, Gwangju 501-759, Republic of Korea.

Ecklonia cava (EC) is a brown alga that has demonstrated radical scavenging, bactericidal, tyrosinase inhibitory, and protease inhibitory activities. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying its anti-inflammatory action remain unclear. In the current study, we attempted to determine whether pretreatment with EC induces a significant inhibition of anti-inflammatory activity in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated murine BV2 microglia. Our results indicate that EC inhibits LPS-induced nitric oxide (NO) and prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) production in a concentration-dependent manner and inhibits inducible nitric oxide (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 in BV2 microglia without significant cytotoxicity. EC treatment significantly reduced nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) translocation and DNA-binding in LPS-stimulated BV2 microglia. This effect was mediated through the inhibition of the degradation of the inhibitor kappaB and by inhibition of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) phosphorylation, at least in part by inhibiting the generation of reactive oxygen species. Our data also indicate that EC extracts exert anti-inflammatory effects by suppressing proinflammatory cytokines. Collectively, these results suggest that EC suppresses the induction of cytokines by LPS, as well as iNOS and COX-2 expression, by blocking NF-kappaB and MAPK activation. These findings provide mechanistic insights into the anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective actions of EC in BV2 microglia.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase Empty Re: Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Here's another one, this time on anti-allergenic (anti-histamine activity)

Food Chem Toxicol. 2009 Mar;47(3):555-60.
Ecklonia cava extract suppresses the high-affinity IgE receptor, FcepsilonRI expression.
Shim SY, Quang-To L, Lee SH, Kim SK.

Institute of Marine Life Science, Pukyong National University, Busan 608-737, Republic of Korea.

Basophils and mast cells express FcepsilonRI, a high-affinity receptor for IgE, on the cell surface and act as effector cells in allergic reactions. In this study, we investigated the inhibitory effect of Ecklonia cava (EC) methanolic extract on the expression of FcepsilonRI in human basophilic KU812F cells. Flow cytometric analysis revealed that EC extract caused a concentration-dependent reduction in the cell surface expression of FcepsilonRI. The extract was also capable of reducing the binding between IgE or serum IgE and cell surface FcepsilonRI. RT-PCR analysis revealed that EC extract reduced the mRNA expression of total cellular FcepsilonRI alpha-chain. Moreover, data obtained by fluorescence spectrophotometry showed that the extract inhibited the FcepsilonRI-mediated release of histamine in a concentration-dependent manner. These results suggest that EC extract may exert its anti-allergic activity through negative-regulation of FcepsilonRI expression and a decrease in histamine release.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase Empty Re: Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Ecklonia cava apparently has anti-HIV activity:

Bioorg Med Chem. 2008 Sep 1;16(17):7921-6. Epub 2008 Jul 29.
Anti-HIV-1 activity of phloroglucinol derivative, 6,6'-bieckol, from Ecklonia cava.
Artan M, Li Y, Karadeniz F, Lee SH, Kim MM, Kim SK.

Department of Chemistry, Pukyong National University, Busan 608-737, Republic of Korea.

Ecklonia cava (EC), which is an edible marine brown alga with a broad range of bioactivities, belongs to the family of Laminariaceae. The bioactive 6,6'-bieckol, one of the main phloroglucinol derivatives naturally occurred from this genus, was isolated and characterized by NMR techniques. For the first time, human immunodeficiency virus type-1 (HIV-1) inhibitory activity of 6,6'-bieckol showed wild inhibition against HIV-1 induced syncytia formation (EC(50) 1.72 microM), lytic effects (EC(50) 1.23 microM), and viral p24 antigen production (EC(50) 1.26 microM), respectively. This result was strongly and clearly supported by the further investigation also, which 6,6'-bieckol selectively inhibited the activity of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT) enzyme with EC(50) of 1.07 microM, as well as HIV-1 entry. Moreover, unlike most of other tannins, 6,6'-bieckol exhibited no cytotoxicity at concentrations which inhibited HIV-1 replication almost completely. Thus, it can be suggested that the potentially effective 6,6'-bieckol might be employed as a drug candidate for development of new generation therapeutic agents against HIV.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Really what CAN'T Ecklonia Cava do?
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:52 pm

EC is the stuff.

I would take it myself if I hadnt given it all away to other people who need it much more.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:20 am

Well,after all the theory,do you think that EC can bring REGROWTH ?
Or it just contributes to maybe halting hairloss?
Anybody having experienced regrowth after adding it to his regimen ?
IH?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:39 am

edony - It's increased my hair density. Factoring in the best of any regimen, the best I think we can hope for to switch some vellus hair into terminal hairs, preserve existing hair, improve existing hair by increasing its diameter and improving anagen to catagen ratios.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 am

what is the missing link to more regrowth?
Our regimen supposedly addresses all kinds of issues but still very very few can claim noticeable regrowth and getting back some of their hair even if being young and on an early MPB stage.
What are we missing here? Is it just a matter of fibrosis?
MPB seems progressive and ultimately a no-stand-a-chance battle for most,despite delaying the inevitable thru supplementation & proper diet
Is there a key to more success other than just waiting for stem cell development?
I just can t believe that some of us are meant by Nature to be bald... scratch
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase Empty Ecklonia cava ethanolic extracts inhibit LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase

Post  Crusher Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:02 am

edony - As long as I fight my hairloss, I found out that only one single substance can't
fight hairloss and can't bring you regrowth. EC is very good to fight fibrosis and inflammation.

From my point of view you have to combine it to other substances. At last it's
trial and error, those substances that work for you do not work automatically for another.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 am

Crusher,
I'm talking about following the regimen to the letter ,addressing all possible causes of hairloss and still the word regrowth is probably a UTOPIA for most of us...
At most we can hope for maintainance and some increase in quality of existing hair...
What are we missing?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 am

Edony,

I'm sorry, I can't tell you, what we are missing.

At the moment I'm using a lot of oral drugs (nearly the same like IH) and additional
a combination of garlic, ginger, emu-oil, cider vinegar and silicea on my scalp
(to salve my conscience to fight hairloss).

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:06 pm

edony - See if any of these apply to you:

Iodine shortage and/or low thyroid

Candida overgrowth

Wheat/Gluten intolerance

Elevated heavy metals (especially lead)

Antibiotic use

Calcification/Fibrosis (beyond the 3-year window).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:00 am

IH-from all the above mentioned maybe only calcification/fibrosis applies to me.
I still have full coverage and no real bald spots but my hair density suffers a lot and hairline's 1/2" recceded.Hair quality worsens day by day.
The problem is I haven't been able to regrow ANY hair for the past 5 years since my hair loss problem aggravated and i started dealing w it.I'm in my late 20's.So i certainly can't exhibit the AFTER pictures of yours and your regrowth...
I usually keep my hair buzzed and easily check it.My then and now pics look the same.
I have no apparent problem with candida and metal toxicity -at least not that i know of.
No thyroid problems also.I 've had blood work done recently (Only cold feet and hands? confused )
If it's just fibrosis ,is there anything i can do about it?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:12 am

edony - Well, never hurts to get in some iodine. 95% of us are probably deficient in it. Plus most standard tests for thyroid function are useless. If you have cold hands and feet that is a potential sign.

Reversing fibrosis in the scalp is somewhat of an known, but there things that may work in theory.

Fibrosis usually accompanies calcium deposits and heavy metals. Note that iodine is a great detoxifier of heavy metals, mercury, lead, cadmium, and fluoride for example.

Magnesium helps to diffuse calcium. Possibly magnesium oil may help in this regard.

Hair regrowth is often seen after metal chelation.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:14 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Note that iodine is a great detoxifier of heavy metals, mercury, lead, cadmium, and fluoride for example.

There seems to be some controversy on this. Andy Cutler claims that iodine doe not chelate metals. Brownstein sais that it does, but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Have you had experience with this first hand IH?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Joejoebaggins - Unfortunately I do not have any studies to back it up. Here's another one that suggests that iodine chelates metals.

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Liodine2.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 am

IH I'm going to do a Iodine deficiency test and I says not to eat fish or take Omega-3 for 48 hours, so I guess I shouldn't take my Krill Oil to and should I not take FibroBoost because of the brown algae?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:42 am

chapat - Iodine is removed from Ecklonia Cava, so it should be iodine free.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:53 am

IH-
great article on iodine!
ok,so i better get on Lugol's...
I'm already on ALA ,it detoxifies and chelates as well.
What else do you suggest that is essential and can bring some positive results regarding regrowth?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 am

edony - Ecklonia cava is a sodium alginate, so it happens to chelate also.

Humifulvate is excellent for mercury and lead.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 am

The most interesting quote in the article I thought was this one:

Dr. Sebastiano Venturi

“The evolution of oxygen-producing cells was probably the most significant event in the history of life after the beginning of life itself. Oxygen is a potent oxidant and life has to contend with the toxicity of ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) which react with lipids, proteins, carbohydrates and DNA and thus interfere with the functions of cellular membranes, cell metabolism, cellular signaling, cell growth and differentiation. Oxidative stress has been implicated as a causative process in the development of a vast number of degenerative diseases,”[xviii] continues Dr. Venturi. The antioxidant properties of dietary iodide depend on a series of redox reactions underlying the iodination of tyrosine leading to the formation of thyroid hormones. Iodine can react with double bonds on lipids such as polyunsaturated fatty acids rendering them less reactive to ROS."
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 am

Essentially in AGA, hair loss may come down to the liberation of Arachidonic acid from polyunsaturated acids due to a proliferation of bacteria in the scalp. So what Dr. Venturi is suggesting is that a lack of iodide could allow more of this type of inflammation.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:10 am

Humifulvate on iherb:http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=4926&at=1
suggested use: "One UltraCap daily between meals with a full glass of water. Do not take other dietary supplement three hours before or after taking Metal Magnet"

What is the dose u suggest? a cap daily? For how many weeks in order for it to be effective?
Should I quit my usual regimen while on Metal Magnet and restart after it?
Or avoid indeed to take any supplements only in this 6-hour window (3 hours before or after taking humifulvate as suggested in product's directions)
Thank you !
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 am

Cs - seen on wikipedia, concerning lugol's solution :

It has been used more rarely to replenish iodine deficiency. [1] However, pure potassium iodide, without the more toxic elemental iodine, is preferred for this purpose.

a thought ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:10 am

europe - Unfortunately, Wikipedia cannot always be trusted since it falls into mediocre conventional wisdom.

Dr. Guy Abraham recommends Lugol's or its tablet equivalent Iodoral, and consider he is the world's authority on it. Also seconded b David Brownstein, #2 world's authority on iodine supplementation.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next