Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth

+11
moby
Directo
baller234
Amaranthaceae
dudebro
LawOfThelema
Thin in FL
hadrion
ubraj
CausticSymmetry
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth Empty Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:53 am

Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13(5):6407-23. Epub 2012 May 23.
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth.
Kang JI, Kim SC, Kim MK, Boo HJ, Jeon YJ, Koh YS, Yoo ES, Kang SM, Kang HK.

Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Jeju National University, 102 Jejudaehakno, Jeju 690-756, Korea; E-Mails: asdkji@hanmail.net (J.-I.K.); 25008@hanmail.net (S.-C.K.); loveis6776@hanmail.net (M.-K.K.); wonsein2000@nate.com (H.-J.B.); yskoh7@jejunu.ac.kr (Y.-S.K.); eunsyoo@jejunu.ac.kr (E.-S.Y.).

This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of Ecklonia cava, a marine alga native to Jeju Island in Korea, on the promotion of hair growth. When vibrissa follicles were cultured in the presence of E. cava enzymatic extract (which contains more than 35% of dieckol) for 21 days, E. cava enzymatic extract increased hair-fiber length. In addition, after topical application of the 0.5% E. cava enzymatic extract onto the back of C57BL/6 mice, anagen progression of the hair-shaft was induced. The treatment with E. cava enzymatic extract resulted in the proliferation of immortalized vibrissa dermal papilla cells (DPC). Especially, dieckol, among the isolated compounds from the E. cava enzymatic extract, showed activity that increased the proliferation of DPC. When NIH3T3 fibroblasts were treated with the E. cava enzymatic extract and the isolated compounds from the E. cava enzymatic extract, the E. cava enzymatic extract increased the proliferation of NIH3T3 fibroblasts, but the isolated compounds such as eckol, dieckol, phloroglucinol and triphlorethol-A did not affect the proliferation of NIH3T3 fibroblasts. On the other hand, the E. cava enzymatic extract and dieckol significantly inhibited 5α-reductase activity. These results suggest that dieckol from E. cava can stimulate hair growth by the proliferation of DPC and/or the inhibition of 5α-reductase activity.

Well I must say, this was a long time in coming, since I was ridiculed for suggesting Ecklonia Cava had pro hair growth qualities in 2006, which was when I began using it.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth Empty Re: Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth

Post  ubraj Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:06 am

The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter—for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way.

— Nikola Tesla

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth Empty Re: Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth

Post  hadrion Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 am

I remember when you replaced Stinging Nettles with it if I'm not mistaken. It's a great supplement and anyone who has frequented here over the years has been way ahead of the curve.

My wife tells me every day how people in her office mention taking things/doing things most of us in here started doing 6-7 years ago.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:37 pm

CausticSymmetry: You said you have been taking this since 2006? Could you expand on your personal beliefs as to how much of a positive impact it has made for you?

I am currently taking it as well, been taking it for a couple months. I try to take one in the morning and one at night since it stays in the blood for 12 hours (but i miss quite a few days).

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 pm

cant see results with a poorly followed regimen

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:18 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13(5):6407-23. Epub 2012 May 23.
Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth.
Kang JI, Kim SC, Kim MK, Boo HJ, Jeon YJ, Koh YS, Yoo ES, Kang SM, Kang HK.

On the other hand, the E. cava enzymatic extract and dieckol significantly inhibited 5α-reductase activity. These results suggest that dieckol from E. cava can stimulate hair growth by the proliferation of DPC and/or the inhibition of 5α-reductase activity.

sorry i don't know much about this supplement, but doesn't the statement above mean that it mimics the effects of propecia which also works by inhibiting 5a-r? aka wouldn't that also mimic the sexual side effects?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:56 pm

it says and or. i doubt inhibiting some 5aR would give the side effects of something that inhibits 70%

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Thin in FL wrote:CausticSymmetry: You said you have been taking this since 2006? Could you expand on your personal beliefs as to how much of a positive impact it has made for you?

I am currently taking it as well, been taking it for a couple months. I try to take one in the morning and one at night since it stays in the blood for 12 hours (but i miss quite a few days).

Ecklonia cava is one example of how 5-AR can be naturally attenuated by oxidation reduction, which is quite different than destroying an enzyme via finasteride or dutasteride.

The differences on how this occurs is like comparing an apple to a petrochemical poison.

For example, take a look at some of these studies here:

http://ortho-nutrition.com/ecklonia-cava-research

Finasteride on the other hand, disrupts a number of important hormones, such as neurosteroids, which can cause temporary to permanent endocrine disruption.

As far has the efficacy of Ecklonia Cava, it is one tool as part of a holistic approach. In other words, each supplement that I take helps a certain aspect. It's important to emphasize that heavy metal detoxification, iodine use and other supplements have augmented the results. However, I can say that it has helped and even more so when I implemented the previous mentioned aspects.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 am

Congratulations CausticSymmetry!

(For being right all along)

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Thin in FL wrote:CausticSymmetry: You said you have been taking this since 2006? Could you expand on your personal beliefs as to how much of a positive impact it has made for you?

Ecklonia cava is one example of how 5-AR can be naturally attenuated by oxidation reduction, which is quite different than destroying an enzyme via finasteride or dutasteride.

I still havent gotten to order any E.Cava hopefully later this month or next.
Speaking of what you said about attenuation to oxidation reduction, this should mean increasing antioxidant overall ( like vitamin E, super foods high in antioxidants like goji/acai etc.) should all be similarly useful... Also I rememeber reading once somewhere that alpha reductase enzyme is increased in low oxygen environments, do you know anything about this?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 am

J987 - Your essentially correct, however not all antioxidants are the same. Some act as indirect antioxidants (increase endogenous antioxidant enzymes).

The best ones will offer both direct and indirect protection against oxidation and work in both water and fat soluble environments. Perhaps most important of all is the half-life as well. Most antioxidants will last only 30 minutes.

The "superfood" like juices will not last that long and are by nature only water soluble. In regards to vitamin E, too much will interfere the more important tocotrienols.

In a low functioning thyroid state, there is always lower oxygen, which invites infection, and with infection there is inflammation, which in of itself causes low oxygen.

One might wonder why does the body produce an excessive amount of DHT in circumstances? Moreover, why do only balding men suffer from the effects of DHT?

Answer surprises most people because of pharmaceutical propaganda. Over the years a number of papers have documented that DHT lowers levels of endotoxins, cytokines, vascular inflammation from low oxygen conditions.
In other words, DHT acts as an anti-inflammatory in a low oxygen environment in order to repair damage.

One example is how DHT treatment shrinks prostate weights just as effectively, not more so than reduction of it.
With respect to low oxygen on the scalp, it is better to prevent the low oxygen rather than to focus on DHT exclusively.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Does breathing and/or more exercise ( which causes heavier breathing) play a role in what you are describing.
Ive known for awhile that people tend to breath in their chest, and not full functional deep breathes of air.
Does increased Alkalinity improve oxygenation of cells? I wonder if those pure oxygen therapies has any benefit...
Air pollution seems like it could even be a factor here...

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 pm

J987 wrote:Does breathing and/or more exercise ( which causes heavier breathing) play a role in what you are describing.
Ive known for awhile that people tend to breath in their chest, and not full functional deep breathes of air.
Does increased Alkalinity improve oxygenation of cells? I wonder if those pure oxygen therapies has any benefit...
Air pollution seems like it could even be a factor here...

I'm afraid I'm short on time and this particular topic has been discussed quite heavily. The short answer is there are some yes and no's but the details are necessary for differentiation. The alkalinity issue is probably the most universally skewed subject on health, but that's also a topic that has been explored. The short answer on that is the details matter heavily.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:39 am

Sorry for bumping and old post but would Ecklonia Cava be safe for some one who has used finasteride in the past? How strong of a reductase inhibitor is it? I used finasteride for several years in the past and am sensitive to 5ar inhibitors and tend to avoid them.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 am

baller234 - Here's a previous explanation about 5-AR reduction, it's quite different than chemical castration via fin or dut.

The differences on how this occurs is like comparing an apple to a petrochemical poison.

For example, take a look at some of these studies here:

http://ortho-nutrition.com/ecklonia-cava-research

Finasteride on the other hand, disrupts a number of important hormones, such as neurosteroids, which can cause temporary to permanent endocrine disruption.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

I recently just started taking E. cava, so the first day I took it I felt an interesting stimulated sensation of blood flow in my body, or something of the like, but all of the following times whatever it was doing in my body went unnoticed, but maybe because my body became familiar with it after that point. Could also be because I took it on an empty stomach the first day I used it, idk. I'm sure it is mainly a silent helper though like most other supplements, I like knowing about its antioxidant and NO boosting properties, so im sure this is something good to keep in the regimen, especially with how much c/s promotes it throughout many of his posts on this forum..

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 pm

These results suggest that dieckol from E. cava can stimulate hair growth by the proliferation of DPC and/or the inhibition of 5α-reductase activity.
So it does like Saw palmetto, right? So it's a good thing and a bad thing, right?

And does the stimulation of hair growth works in the case of androgenic alopecia?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:35 pm

Directo wrote:
These results suggest that dieckol from E. cava can stimulate hair growth by the proliferation of DPC and/or the inhibition of 5α-reductase activity.
So it does like Saw palmetto, right? So it's a good thing and a bad thing, right?

And does the stimulation of hair growth works in the case of androgenic alopecia?

Saw Palmetto is entirely different on how it inhibits 5-AR. Groin pain and other side-effects can occur with saw palmetto.
E-cava does a dozen other things and reduces 5-AR by oxidation process, which is different.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:47 pm

What's the best dosage for hair? Do you recommend the 6 pills per day with Fibroboost?

In that study, do we know how much exactly they used?

And it was used on mice, so are we sure it would work on men with Alopecia?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:42 pm

I've been using it since 2006, and started to notice benefits with it after a period. It's contains many properties that perform many functions. For me, it is just a part of an overall regimen.

Dosage is one in the morning and one at night, whether it is fibroboost or the whole herbal extract.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:20 am

does EC have any "lasting" effects or is this just another "boost" that you have to take daily forever to enjoy its "daily" benefits?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Directo wrote:

Saw Palmetto is entirely different on how it inhibits 5-AR. Groin pain and other side-effects can occur with saw palmetto.
E-cava does a dozen other things and reduces 5-AR by oxidation process, which is different.

That's interesting. So would it be correct to assume that unlike finasteride, ecklonia cava doesn't actually inhibit the enzyme directly, it just reduces the need for the enzyme to be produced by reducing oxidation? Does ecklonia cava have a similar affect on aromatase?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:28 am

Saw palmetto and Ecklonia cava are worlds apart.

To me, the 5-AR inhibition is probably more of an effect than from a direct attack. It's the other effects of ECE that are far more interesting.

I started using Saw Palmetto in the mid to late 90's and then "upgraded" to Beta Sitosterol. Some years later, I made the realization that I was essentially taking an herbal form of finasteride--side effects included!

These side-effects were not obvious until I stopped taking them.

Ecklonia cava has so many benefits to it, that if I had to take only one thing, ECE would be it.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 am

Is it okay to take both? I'm thinking of using Now Adams multi vitamin which contains saw palmetto

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 am

RisingFist wrote:Is it okay to take both? I'm thinking of using Now Adams multi vitamin which contains saw palmetto

Inhibiting too much DHT isn't good....

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next