Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair

5 posters

Go down

Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair Empty Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:13 am

Eur J Dermatol. 2009 Jan 20.
Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair.
Kang JI, Kim SC, Hyun JH, Kang JH, Park DB, Lee YJ, Yoo ES, Kang HK.

This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of Schisandra nigra, a plant native to Jeju Island, South Korea, on the promotion of hair growth. When rat vibrissa follicles were treated with 85% ethanol (EtOH) extract of S. nigra, the hair-fiber lengths of the vibrissa follicles increased significantly. In addition, after topical application of the EtOH extract of S. nigra onto the back of C57BL/6 mice every other day, anagen progression of the hair shaft was induced. Moreover, the extract increased both the expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in the bulb matrix region and the proliferation of immortalized vibrissa dermal papilla cells. In order to determine the mechanism by which S. nigra promotes hair growth, we examined its relationship with the transforming growth factor-beta2 (TGF-beta2) signal pathway, which is known to be a regulator of catagen induction. When the vibrissa follicles in the anagen phase were treated with S. nigra extract for 7 days, the expression of TGF-beta2 in the bulb matrix region was found to be lower than that of the control follicles that were expected to be in the anagen-catagen transition phase. These results suggest that S. nigra extract has the potential to promote hair growth via down regulation of TGF-beta2 and the proliferation of dermal papilla.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair Empty Re: Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair

Post  scottyc33 Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:51 am

Isn't this stuff typically found in liver support supps?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair Empty Re: Promotion effect of Schisandra nigra on the growth of hair

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:35 am

Schisandra nigra Max is one of three species of Schisandra chinensis. Since it is likely that only Schisandra nigra contains Nigranoic acid, which may or may not be the an important component, it's hard to say if this type is needed.

Most Schisandra supplements only list of being from Schisandra chinesis.

To be certain, Schisandra Nigra should be used.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 am

Does it exist another supplement ( taken orally perhaps) that lowers the TGF-beta2 ?
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:14 pm

europe - Yes Curcumin does. If you go that route, the BCM-95 version which is standardized with 95% Curcuminoids is the best way.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:17 am

What bad could happen if one took that road CS?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Misirlou - Nothing really bad. Curcumin can lower blood sugar, so the worst thing that happened to me a few times was taking it too long before eating and I acquired a glucose headache. I do not take it very often, but I have found that if I take it during or after a meal, I never get this problem.

Generally, I am not aware of any negative sides. Curcumin is a super herb, so to speak.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 am

CS - but you obviously stopped taking it...for what ?

seems that the "the natural" regiment seems to be good, along with revrestrol....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:29 am

europe - The combination of Resveratrol and Curcumin are probably better than individually. Are you trying it out?
I used to get headaches from curcumin, but later figured out if I just take it during or after meal, then no problems.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Here's an extract for Schisandra:

https://www.herbspro.com/32340/SchisandraExtract.htm

But, it appears to just be Chinensis...though, that may still give the desired effect?

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Good read on the herb too:

http://bouldernaturallabs.com/healthlibrary/schizandra-chinesis.html

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:28 am

Even though this is a species from that general Chinensis family, it may be only the Schisandra nigra
that has the effect.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down