Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Results from "towel method" ??? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Results from "towel method" ???

+3
zeroes
LawOfThelema
Amaranthaceae
7 posters

Go down

Results from "towel method" ??? Empty Results from "towel method" ???

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 am

Who is doing the towel method and see any results?

I have stopped my hairloss for some years now, *except* at the frontal hairline and
temples. Will give the towel method a try, to see if it can improve the symptoms of
the loss at temples and front: dry, brittle hair, and burning that comes and go.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Results from "towel method" ??? Empty Re: Results from "towel method" ???

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:40 am

what is the towel method?

Is this just massaging the scalp with the fingertips thru the towel?

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 am

You scrub with force not message.

You can find the details on the follow thread.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7247-grow-new-hair-the-original-papilla-power

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Cpio,

Please see the below posts:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7286-overview-of-towel-method-unanswered-questions-tips-farewell#71605

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7247p300-grow-new-hair-the-original-papilla-power#72757

I recently posted my results with the method so far, which, I'll admit isn't too inspiring, but I'm not even three months in yet. Please see the following link: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7247p420-grow-new-hair-the-original-papilla-power#75714

In my post, I mentioned that I had a lot of hair breakage in the temple region from doing the Towel (Margo) method, meaning my hair wouldn't grow past a certain length as it would just keep breaking.

In the past week, I may have solved the issue. My hair isn't breaking anymore, but it's still too early to tell if I've permanently solved the issue. Hopefully my hair will be able to grow to a reasonable length now.

To solve the issue, I have been using a shampoo that's for "dry and damaged" hair. Since I've been using that type of shampoo, I haven't experienced breakage. My whole life I've been using shampoo for "normal" hair and didn't think about switching until the past week.

A good tip is to find a shampoo that's SLS and paraben free as these chemicals can be harmful to the scalp, or so I've read. A good place to look would be iHerb or any health food shop for an organic shampoo. But read the label carefully to make sure there isn't any sulfates and parabens.

I must stress that you don't need to buy that type of shampoo. You might not even experience hair breakage. (I only mentioned that type of shampoo as you said you had dry, brittle hair on the temples). My guess is that if/when you start, you'll experience breakage like I have. That's not to say everyone will. I've been doing the towel method over my whole scalp and the back and sides of my head. No breakage. Only on the temples.

The beauty of the towel method is you don't have to buy anything! Obviously I just changed my shampoo type, but it's not an extra expense as I just switched. The hair breakage issue might just effect a small number of people. I don't know. But if you start the towel method and experience breakage, it's something that might help.

Duel_Black doesn't even use shampoo. He uses baking soda to wash his hair and, from the sounds of it, he's having amazing results as can be seen in the link above (2nd link).

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:10 pm

i scanned over those threads. none of them really explain how to do the method.

this is a tip though. wet hair breaks more easily than dry hair. wouldnt do it directly after showering.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 pm

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:35 pm

cpio wrote:

I have stopped my hairloss for some years now, *except* at the frontal hairline and
temples. Will give the towel method a try, to see if it can improve the symptoms of
the loss at temples and front: dry, brittle hair, and burning that comes and go.

Burning - try organic aloe vera, or mink oil.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Mastery wrote:
cpio wrote:

mastery.. what brand of aloe vera do you recommend?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Acemannan stimulates gingival fibroblast proliferation; expressions of keratinocyte growth factor-1, vascular endothelial growth factor, and type I collagen; and wound healing.
Jettanacheawchankit S, Sasithanasate S, Sangvanich P, Banlunara W, Thunyakitpisal P.
Source

Oral Biology Program, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Abstract

Aloe vera has long been used as a traditional medicine for inducing wound healing. Gingival fibroblasts (GFs) play an important role in oral wound healing. In this study, we investigated the effects of acemannan, a polysaccharide extracted from Aloe vera gel, on GF proliferation; keratinocyte growth factor-1 (KGF-1), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and type I collagen production; and oral wound healing in rats. [(3)H]-Thymidine incorporation assay and ELISA were used. Punch biopsy wounds were created at the hard palate of male Sprague Dawley rats. All treatments (normal saline; 0.1% triamcinolone acetonide; plain 1% Carbopol; and Carbopol containing 0.5%, 1%, and 2% acemannan (w/w)) were applied daily. Wounded areas and histological features were observed at day 7 after treatment. From our studies, acemannan at concentrations of 2, 4, 8, and 16 mg/ml significantly induced cell proliferation (P<0.05). Acemannan concentrations between 2 - 16 mg/ml significantly stimulated KGF-1, VEGF, and type I collagen expressions (P<0.05). Wound healing of animals receiving Carbopol containing 0.5% acemannan (w/w) was significantly better than that of the other groups (P<0.05). These findings suggest that acemannan plays a significant role in the oral wound healing process via the induction of fibroblast proliferation and stimulation of KGF-1, VEGF, and type I collagen expressions.

ok its gingivial but maybe like Mastery suggests it would be effective on your dome as well

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:30 am

dudebro wrote:
Mastery wrote:
cpio wrote:

mastery.. what brand of aloe vera do you recommend?

The Mother nature brand lol
http://aloeveravitality.com/Aloe%20leaf%20cut.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down