Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy

5 posters

Go down

Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy Empty Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy

Post  mistermr Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:25 am

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical-treatment/medications/platelet-rich-plasma-prp/

What do you guys think of this procedure for hair loss? I have read about it and it looks like a promising option for wound healing and possibly helping regenerate some brown adipose tissue. Kobe Bryant had this procedure done on his knee after considering retirement last summer and came back with a strong season. The procedure is getting pretty popular everywhere and seems to work. Here is a 2009 article that I found
http://www.regrowhair.com/hair-loss-blog/can-platelet-rich-plasma-prp-stop-hair-loss-and-grow-hair/

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy Empty Re: Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy

Post  987 Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:35 am

I had went into a HT clinic one time to ask questions and they were advertising for this, and one of the ladies that worked there
said she had it done to her temples/hair line which had been thinning and claimed that within 6 months the hair was growing a lot stronger and faster in that area. Idk if the worth matches the cost, but supposing it does have value in hair growth it does sound better than getting your head cut open for a transplant at least. Probably wont do anything for someone who is already bald or far along into the balding process though...

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:28 am

I havnt heard of anything from PRP since 2009... i am curious as to what the results show but there doesn't seem to be much concrete info.. if anyone does know or has experience please do share.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:45 pm

I don't know.

Ask Kobe, Lance, Tiger or any other athletes who may have done it?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 am

I've had this, for scalp; my advice is that you'd probably be wasting your money. By the majority of accounts, including my own, it had minor effects but no long term results. Furthermore, it is not attacking the underlying health problems that cause hair loss, so even if it did work it's likely you'd be going back repeatedly (and you'd still have the health issues). I haven't really read mainstream HL forum since I joined here but if PRP was having significant effects I think people there would be all over it by now with success stories etc.

I have read of a bit more success using it for sports injuries. I've also heard it can help for conditions such as arthritis. I'm not sure if this is because these are more appropriate to treat than hair or whether the quality of the administered treatment is better (better equipment, refined procedure, more knowledgeable doc - let's face hair loss docs are pretty low on that scale!).

Kobe had Othokine Therapy = a refined version of PRP at a German clinic. Not sure whether this is an improvement over regular PRP or not. But I do follow the NBA a little bit (although I'm from the UK) and his knee does seem to have improved. Many have commented on his explosiveness being closer to that of his youth. I think he's going back to Germany to have the same procedure this summer, as is his teammate Bynum and maybe others.

In short, there is some worth in the treatment but as it stands not the answer to hair loss imo.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down