Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this

4 posters

Go down

Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this Empty Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:48 pm

I just saw my new Dr. (NMD) for the second time today. He knows I'm fighting AGA and I can't tolerate the sides from the 5ar inhibitors. I just started dutasteride up for about a month now and my free T is down to 1.2%! My total T is relatively high in the 800's. Estrogen was normal but this was only 2 weeks into dutasteride, so I'm guessing it's higher now. SHBG was only 1 away from being high. I've already dropped the dutasteride due to sides again.

He mentioned the platelet rich plasma injections he does on joint injuries for the San Diego Chargers and other NFL players. He said he knows another Dr. in town who is doing this for hair loss for $3,000. I don't have insurance and he would benefit from using my as a guinea pig, so he quoted me $250 to cover the cost of the kit. I didn't ask him how many kits would be needed total. A derma-roller would be needed and I could purchase that as well.

Of course I really have no money for any of this, but it is exciting to know that it is an option for me. I honestly haven't read up too much on it yet. I was thinking I could take pictures and document any progress. If I could get a collection going for the $250 I would definitely take him up on it! Any thoughts or suggestions on 'fund raising'?

Here's some info on the procedure: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-articles/400-platelet-rich-plasma-hair-growth.htm

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this Empty Re: Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this

Post  LA-Night Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey Paradox,

Sounds interesting, man. I've never heard of this procedure before.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this Empty Re: Platelet rich plasma for hair loss- My Dr. has offered to do this

Post  ubraj Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:43 pm

It's a good deal. However, wouldn't expect for it to do much based on some real world testimonials. Here is one positive testimonial however

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/184/

Maybe it's a hit or miss....

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:44 pm

LA,

I should have looked into it more before I posted. This is from a Dr. doing PRP posted back in 2009.

"It has now been almost 4 months since my PRP treatment and at this point I can't say that I have seen any results. Of all the 36 patients treated, only one has shown some increase in density so far. I am not that impressed at this point with PRP treatment. Hopefully I will see more happy patients over the next few months."

Props for being an honest, forthcoming Dr.

On a side note, check out the results from the artificial hair fibers on diffuse loss: http://www.instanthair.com/photo-album2.html

The last photo is the Dr. himself who's had a transplant. A hair transplant Dr. who openly admits to using hair fibers and PRP not panning out get's an A for honesty in my book. Especially because it looks like he still uses PRP as an adjunct to transplants.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 pm

BTW, Dr. Cooley appears to be another doctor that hasn't spoken very highly of PRP.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:51 pm

jdp701 wrote:It's a good deal. However, wouldn't expect for it to do much based on some real world testimonials. Here is one positive testimonial however

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/184/

Maybe it's a hit or miss....

I've concluded the same thing jdp... really good deal though. I think it would be a good adjunct for that price. Ahh, I'm just seeing this: "(Dr. Jones is no longer offering PRP treatments as he has not seen satisfactory results from his trial patients.)"

Of course I can still get it from my Dr., but that's not encouraging.

Here's the one patient who got results: http://www.drrobertjones.com/platelet-rich-plasma.html

Judging by his loss on the crown, I'd guess minoxidil would yield similar results on its own.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 pm

CS,

Is this PRP the same thing as the injections they do for joint repair? I thought that there were inflammatory agents in the joint procedure? My Dr. says he uses this on athletes but there's no mention of inflammatory agents? I've got a bad shoulder, so maybe the $250 would be better spent injecting it there.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm

paradox: I think PRP is extremely good for healing, but I guess that's it...

personally I'd love to find some open-minded nurse/doctor willing to experiment some other stuff on me as a guinea pig... like injecting enzymes (serrapeptase, nattokinase, lumbikinase and papain) directly into the scalp... Smile maybe I am too crazy??? Smile
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:38 am

Yeah, I think that I was just 'overjoyed' at the prospect of a Dr. willing to experiment. Most Dr.s are afraid to do anything even remotely unorthodox or 'risky'. I guess 'pansy' would be the word I'm looking for Wink.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:58 am

and they never want their patients to have a word to say about anything. or to ask any questions about their diagnosis or treatment. i hate them.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down