Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ...

+6
SlowMoe
rofl
AS54
blueman99
huli
a
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... Empty So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ...

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 11:33 am

[img]So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... Yep12[/img]

Those finasteride sides are really prominent in your case friend!

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... Empty Re: So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ...

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 11:39 am

Very Happy Say hi to the administrators when they come knocking

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... Empty Re: So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ...

Post  huli Sat May 26, 2012 11:42 am

Can we please just block this 2020 loser and be done with him?

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 11:59 am

2020 wrote:
huli wrote:Can we please just block this 2020 loser and be done with him?

why are my posts being deleted?

No. Why?

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Sat May 26, 2012 12:01 pm

I actually think its good to have people like 2020 here to present both sides of the argument. He gets a little out of hand but he believes in what he posts.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat May 26, 2012 12:04 pm

I tend to agree. While it may be annoying, I would just say block him from the thread if possible or let it die. Blocking someone entirely from posting just tends to make it look like we're afraid of what he's saying. It's better to let him have his say and prove him wrong.

Trying to suppress opinions only undermines your own. I would say just let him know you won't put up with that kind of shit anymore, and if it happens again then take steps. On some of his point: he's on a site that values scientific data asking for proven data on the circulation theories and getting bashed for not being open minded, somewhat hypocritical.

But then again, that pm was outta line. Bottom line, 2020, handle your shit like a mature adult and you'd get taken more seriously.

Last edited by anthonyspencer54 on Sat May 26, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat May 26, 2012 12:06 pm

hes a problem over at hairlosstalk as well.

i frequent all forums, for a full scope of the treatments, even though i prefer natural.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Blueman, users like you are awesome, you presented your argument constructively, respectively, you've got a ton of respect from me for that. 2020 is just being beligerent, to the point of sending me threats over PM.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat May 26, 2012 12:58 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:

On some of his point: he's on a site that values scientific data asking for proven data on the circulation theories and getting bashed for not being open minded, somewhat hypocritical.

If you are referring to my posts, I may have been a little out of line.
The truth is their isn't a whole lot of research don't to prove natural methods are successful at treating diseases. There are a ton more studies out there proving that drugs are effective at treating different ailments; hell the pharm companies are the ones funding the studies! Who is gonna provide the funding to prove natural methods (crickets).

He wants proof, check out the brushing lady blog, she regrew her hairline with a brush. Ferox, duel black, gpb2000 all grew NEW hair where there was none for years.

I dint blame him for wanting pics.. Google brushing lady blog. I've got pictures, but id have to buzz my hair to show impressive pics, and in not doing that right now. I've got pics here https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7261-getting-some-growth
But they don't show much. There's also a link on there to a study on ginkgo that proves it works due to enhancing microcirculation.

I understand how he could be skeptical, hanging around some forums can crush anyones faith.

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat May 26, 2012 1:48 pm

blueman99 wrote:
I actually think its good to have people like 2020 here to present both sides of the argument. He gets a little out of hand but he believes in what he posts.

This. A < R was certainly fueling him by deriding him with all the meme posters.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 2:00 pm

I was hoping the memes would diffuse the situation with humor actually, then things spiralled and it became more of a five way shouting match.

Blueman is an example of a user presenting what they believe in a way that will fuel debate, 2020 was not, it doesn't matter what he was trying to get across, he was just as much interested in pushing everybodies buttons. Not to mention the whole, ill find you thing.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm

SlowMoe,

Truthfully I was referring to those posts, but I know what you mean. It is frustrating how little information is out there. There's such a conflict of interest on the part of researchers, and the problem is most funding for that research comes from the big pharma interests who are certainly influencing what kind of "data" are being generated.

I actually am with you on the circulation thing, I think its a component. I guess what I mean to say is I didn't intend to offend you with that. I think we both agree that 2020 was warranted to want some proof, its just A) its difficult to provide because research pertaining to a scientific proof is only being funded by big pharma so its drug focused, and B) it wasn't be asked for in the proper ways.

A > R,

You know you're totally off the grid anyway, performing counter intelligence in remote areas of the great north. People don't find AR, he finds you.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:21 pm

SlowMoe wrote:There's also a link on there to a study on ginkgo that proves it works due to enhancing microcirculation.

did you not read the study I posted where it says that ginkgo actually inhibits COX-2 and PGD2?? That's why it works!! it has nothing to do with circulation and all with PGD2.

This forum has a lot of info about health and all but when it comes to hair loss you people are all stuck in the 1980's or something.....

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat May 26, 2012 2:23 pm

there is some genuine research being done by scientists genuinely interested in alleviating the condition and extending the results to other conditions. i think the study regarding pgd2 was one. there have been studies on natural compounds tho they are few and far in between. essential oils have been studies for alopecia areata, polyphenols have been studied for AGA, green tea extract has been studied for AGA, gamma linoleic acid has been found to be effective at reducing 5AR 1 and 2 (it can be found in natural sources, tho youd do better if it were deesterified)

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:there is some genuine research being done by scientists genuinely interested in alleviating the condition and extending the results to other conditions. i think the study regarding pgd2 was one. there have been studies on natural compounds tho they are few and far in between. essential oils have been studies for alopecia areata, polyphenols have been studied for AGA, green tea extract has been studied for AGA, gamma linoleic acid has been found to be effective at reducing 5AR 1 and 2 (it can be found in natural sources, tho youd do better if it were deesterified)

what's your point?

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Its very difficult to get wifi connection in my igloo up here ... You lucky s.o.B's and your ... Warmth.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:27 pm

aIts very difficult to get wifi connection in my igloo up here ... You lucky s.o.B's and your ... Warmth.

sarcasm??? where do you live?

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat May 26, 2012 2:29 pm

i was referring to the above posteres mention of "conflict of interest", and lack of studies on "natural" therapies. i am simply saying despite the conflict of interests lots of the scientists who are working on alopecia genuinely want to find things that cure it. maybe companies want to profit from it as well. everyone dealing in natural things also want to make money. it really doesnt matter if someone wants to make money. thats the structure of our social-economic system.

anyhow, the natural point doesnt matter. supplements are not natural, taking vitamins is not natural, lasering is not natural etc. i wouldnt get hung up on needing something to be "natural". i want something that works. i dont care if its natural or not. lol

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:34 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:
anyhow, the natural point doesnt matter. supplements are not natural, taking vitamins is not natural, lasering is not natural etc. i wouldnt get hung up on needing something to be "natural". i want something that works. i dont care if its natural or not. lol

right, and through my observations it seems that none of that stuff works at all..... I don't care if through your diet you reduced your DHT a little and that made you grow hair. That doesn't really count. might as well use finasteride to knock out a lot more of DHT....

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Right ... Ill just pm you my street address ... Would only be fair seeing as my mod status lets me know yours.
I'm heading off for a workout, my hairloss has been stopped for a while, I don't have much of a reason to keep being trolled besides the fact that I'm a moderator, but I doubt there's much I can do to keep you from starting confrontations with other users.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm

aRight ... Ill just pm you my street address ...

name of the country and maybe state would be fine...

a
Would only be fair seeing as my mod status lets me know yours.

huh?

a
I'm heading off for a workout, my hairloss has been stopped for a while, I don't have much of a reason to keep being trolled besides the fact that I'm a moderator, but I doubt there's much I can do to keep you from starting confrontations with other users.

get that circulation going dude!!! I'm sure it means a lot

So 2020 just sent me a nice little PM just now ... Manuel

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 2:46 pm

I live in the state of France, on the island of Nantucket. Obeisity doesn't equate poor circulation, scalp inflammation, just like being skinny doesn't mean you can't have insulin resistance. You keep making arguments that make no sense.

There are studies posted on this site if you want to find them regarding weight loss instigating hair loss, rather than the other way around.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat May 26, 2012 2:56 pm

fat guys with bitch tits often have nice hair. just something ive noticed. maybe its the increase in certain estrogens idk.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm

aI live in the state of France, on the island of Nantucket.

no you don't... what a liar....

a
Obeisity doesn't equate poor circulation,

pretty sure obese who most likely live sedentary lifestyles have "weaker" circulation than normal people.

I didn't say anything about insulin resistance. If anything, insulin resistance, diabetes, arthritis are all American diseases that really came to be only in the last 50 years yet baldness has been around for thousands of years....

a
There are studies posted on this site if you want to find them regarding weight loss instigating hair loss, rather than the other way around.

really? what kind of hair loss? MPB?? not all types of hair loss ARE MPB ffs....

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat May 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Good catch on my clever rouse.

And about type circulation in sedentary people ... You're "pretty sure"?

In regards to all those illnesses you posted as being relatively modern diseases, its another exalmple of how little you've looked into things, those inflammitory conditions have been around a long time.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next