Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

stress and depression which may leads to hair loss?

5 posters

Go down

stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? Empty stress and depression which may leads to hair loss?

Post  lappase Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 am

hi this is gokul and i wanna know how the stress and depression makes the hair loss

lappase

Back to top Go down

stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? Empty Re: stress and depression which may leads to hair loss?

Post  AS54 Wed May 23, 2012 1:01 am

That's a tall order.

You're tending to oversimplify based on connections you've probably heard in the media and just conventionally between people. Stress causes hair loss. I do believe it does. But there probably isn't a single person who could detail for you the exact process. Ultimately hair loss is caused by inflammation and a lack of oxygen.

An inflammatory state can cause depression and also be caused by depression. Dr. Klinghardt would probably say that an unresolved emotional trauma is effecting the way the autonomic nervous system signals the nerves that innervate the extracellular fluid, and completely hampering your body's detox pathways causing toxins and metals to build up. This would cause inflammation, and lead to physiological stress that would further build that inflammation.

That's looking at it from the perspective of the mind effecting the body and any unresolved emotional trauma could be at it. My health took a sharp decline and my hair loss started after my father passed away when I was 21. Looking at it from the other direction, anything that could create an imbalance in the production of neurotransmitters could be at fault: nutrient/vitamin/mineral deficiencies, digestive issues, MOLD/FUNGUS (big one), bacterial infection, autoimmunity.

Ultimately, you're looking at the balance amongst the hormonal system and its daunting. But anything that chronically elevates your cortisol will create an inflammatory state, lowers testosterone and increases estrogen. Likewise, anything that causes these states will increase cortisol. In the end, downstream, whether it be due to electron depletion or autoimmune attack, (I frankly am not positive) the hair follicles shrink. And DHT plays some type of signaling role here in an inflammatory capacity.

Its not simply, stress > hairloss. There could be a hundred different reasons in between or that come before that are leading to your hairloss. Pour over the site and focus on thyroid, heavy metals, mold, bacteria, blood sugar, and diet (PUFAs).

But as far as stress is concerned, I have a cocktail that I put together and take at the highest cortisol times of the day and it completely eliminates any nervous energy or anxiety I have (go in 3 weeks on and 1 week off cycles):

Phosphatidyl Choline (1 g)
Phosphatidyl Serine (200 mg)
Sensoril Ashwaghanda (225 mg)
Vit C (1 g)
Vit D (5000 IU)
Bromelain/Quercetin (750 mg/1 g)
Olive Leaf Extract (1 g)
Mucuna Pruriens (700 mg up to 1 g)
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

stress and depression which may leads to hair loss? Empty Re: stress and depression which may leads to hair loss?

Post  SlowMoe Wed May 23, 2012 1:25 am

I believe the most prevalent way stress causes hairless is that it makes your scalp tight(er). This, I believe, chokes off te blood supply to the scalp.

When I become stressed I can literally feel my scalp get tight.
All I have to do is place the bottom of my palm (closest to my wrist) above one ear an place my fingertips above my other ear and squeeze, this loosens my scalp and makes it wrinkly. I hold it like that for a few seconds, then move to a different spot and squeeze there. I also do it front to back.

After a while I can feel that my scalp is much looser. At this point it is easy to notice the onset of stress, because you can feel it tighten right up.

Also the tightness in ONLY in the areas of balding skin. This makes it obvious to me that scalp tightness plays a big role.

IMO tight scalp = poor circulation. Poor circulation = reduced waste removal/ excess waste buildup (DHT) and reduced nutrient supply to the scalp which, over time, causes the capillary network to recede, along with your hairline/ vertex.

The reason finasteride and minoxidil work (obviously) is because the fin reduces DHT while the minoxidil opens up the blood vessels so that blood can flood the hair papilla and return life to the follicle.

If bloodflow and DHT were not big factors neither drug would be successful, which they obviously are, separate ore used in conjunction.

The reason, I believe, why they do not return a full head of hair to a person with extensive balding is because at that point, the capillary network has recessed and the minixidil can only open up the vessels that are left, so basically it revives the hairs that are still tapped into the remaining network of blood vessels.

So what needs to be done at this point is to return normal blood flow to the scalp, and re- generate the network of capillaries to the scalp in order to fully revive all the miniturized hairs that were once terminal.

Sorry I just started rambling there Embarassed

SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed May 23, 2012 5:09 am

Stress and inflammation go hand in hand, there are literally hundreds of routes in which inflammation, and anything that can cause it can cause internal stress. I see a lot of people view stress as an outside factor, but really when you break it down stress is a chemical, hormonal, and energy based process and substance(s) in your body just like DHT, or Cholesterol, etc. Corticotrophin Releasing Factor which is involved in the stress response has numerous times been correlation with hairloss, and like everything, it's a multi-faceted thing, it may exert pathogenic effects but at the same time its necessary under times of stress, for example, when colonic movement is hindered the stress response causes contractions to move whatever the blockage is out.

I wanted to see based on that if colon hydrating substances could lower stress levels, after I started inducing frequent bowel movements with plenty of liquids and magnesium citrate I experience a huge leap in my well being.

This also comes back to gut and psychology syndrome, where the disruption of normal bacteria in your digestive organs is linked to normal homeostasis in your body.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed May 23, 2012 6:38 am

How much magnesium citrate did you take?

Do you still take it regularly as part of your routine?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 am

I still do take magnesium citrate everyday, somedays less than others, but I take it with lots of liquids depending on how much I eat in a day until I have a good bowel movement. Sometimes I take five tablets a day, sometimes ten, sometimes even more if I need it.

I ate some bad sushi once a couple months ago and picked up some sort of stomach bug, what followed was a week of my bowels purging themselves, it was pretty nasty but what I noticed was that I felt a huge improvement in sexual, mental and cariovascular trends the more I got things moving in my bowel.

Iodine also helps, as does avoiding all possible starchy foods.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 23, 2012 10:58 am

Id say its more likely that hairloss causes depression than the other way around. But stress sure. Hairloss also can increase your anxiety, which in turn makes more hairloss. it's a vicious circularity.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 pm

I see a lot of people view stress as an outside factor, but really when you break it down stress is a chemical, hormonal, and energy based process and substance(s) in your body just like DHT, or Cholesterol, etc.

The problem is that this view is the dual extreme of the externalist view. Both views are reductive and overly simplified, and I believe dehumanizing. The other is behaviorism basically the type of view that BF Skinner supported. Both are overly simplified. Stress involves both internal and external factors. It is relational or interactional. How you relate to the world determines in part the levels of stress that become expressed within your organism. Two people can experience the same event and experience different levels of stress as a result. This can come from habit, life history, the patterns of thought you apply to organize the world, how you perceive and how you believe. The mechanical molecular view either minimizes these or does not account for them. Yet we know they are real. That there is a placebo effect at all shows that belief and perception have consequences for your body. Surely the molecular biological factors are important, but that's not to say that there are no external factors, or that there is no interaction between the internal and external.

Last edited by LawOfThelema on Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed May 23, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm not ignoring external stress, just emphasizing that there are ways to chemically change the way our bodies experience it. Ashwhaghanda is a great place to start.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 pm

aI'm not ignoring external stress, just emphasizing that there are ways to chemically change the way our bodies experience it. Ashwhaghanda is a great place to start.
true. this herb looks like good stuff.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down