Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hair, Depression and Stress EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hair, Depression and Stress

+6
bh2o
halfempty
a
Hoppipolla
TransGirl
helpmyhair1
10 posters

Go down

Hair, Depression and Stress Empty Hair, Depression and Stress

Post  helpmyhair1 Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:50 pm

I find myself depressed and stressed because I'm losing my hair, and losing my hair (faster) because I'm depressed and stressed. Its a pretty vicious cycle.

I want to come up with a good list of ways to overcome/decrease depression and stress in one thread.

Lets see, I'm already taking Ashwaghanda, but the symptoms still persist.

Working out/exercising regularly, and my diet is pretty good, on IH Top 6 supplement line + lugols, yet stress and depression remain. Working out does really help, but still, not enough.

In the past I tried this vitamin/herb mix called Chill Pills by New Roots, which did actually work pretty well. I was definitely more calm, relaxed and a big reduction in stress and anxiety. I stopped taking the chill pills because of the price tag (16 bucks for a 15 day supply), and mostly because I wasn't sure if any ingredients in the formula were bad for hairloss. I'll post the link if someone wants to look into it.. Scroll to the bottom and click ingredients:

http://www.newrootsherbal.com/product/view/id/1163

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Hair, Depression and Stress Empty Re: Hair, Depression and Stress

Post  TransGirl Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Can try magnesium. Anxiety and depression are usually worse in individuals that are low on magnesium.
TransGirl
TransGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:11 am

Dude seriously if it's IBS behind your hair problems and that (we may have discussed this before and it was?) just take colloidal silver and stuff and correct your gut flora like that. This is just my opinion I know, but if you have good gut flora I think pretty much everything else just falls into place, especially at our kind of age.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:12 am

Has colloidal silver fixed your problems Hoppi?

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:31 am

I think that it is important to accept that you are losing your hair. This allows you to become more flexible in your thinking. You can trying changing your self-concept from someone who is balding to someone "who is really excellent at doing this or that." You cannot accept your hair loss because you may believe that having hair is who you are and not having hair is the death of your self. You have the ability to change your self-concept. This will greatly reduce anxiety/depression. I have always had accelerated hair loss and scalp inflammation when I was excessively focused on my hair loss and inflammation. You have the ability to make your hair loss worse by thinking about it and worrying about it.. it is crazy.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:I find myself depressed and stressed because I'm losing my hair, and losing my hair (faster) because I'm depressed and stressed. Its a pretty vicious cycle.

I want to come up with a good list of ways to overcome/decrease depression and stress in one thread.

Lets see, I'm already taking Ashwaghanda, but the symptoms still persist.

Working out/exercising regularly, and my diet is pretty good, on IH Top 6 supplement line + lugols, yet stress and depression remain. Working out does really help, but still, not enough.

In the past I tried this vitamin/herb mix called Chill Pills by New Roots, which did actually work pretty well. I was definitely more calm, relaxed and a big reduction in stress and anxiety. I stopped taking the chill pills because of the price tag (16 bucks for a 15 day supply), and mostly because I wasn't sure if any ingredients in the formula were bad for hairloss. I'll post the link if someone wants to look into it.. Scroll to the bottom and click ingredients:

http://www.newrootsherbal.com/product/view/id/1163

I'm in the same boat as you--thank you for starting the thread.

Im also on IH's top 6, Ashwaghanda, lugols at 12.5 a day and 10,000iu of Vit A a day(to go with the VitD3). I workout at least twice a week as well as walk a lot, eat a pretty good diet, don't drink alcohol or smoke and as recently as three weeks ago gave up caffinated beverages.

I started to do research on adrenal fatigue because I have many of the symptoms to include, but not limited to, anxiety and depression--it just made sense to me. My anxiety is pretty bad in the mornings and tolerable during the day depending on how busy I am. Once evening hits I tend to feel like a completely different person--positive, relaxed (as if I had everything under control).

So I started taking 1000mg's of B5 and 2000mg's of Metabolic C last Monday (per CS's recommendations on healthyfixx.com). I have noticed an improvement in my mood stability so far yet I must stress that this could be a placebo effect. I ordered Drenamin as well and should get it next Monday, I'm looking forward to seeing if I notice any improvements in my health with it. I will be sure to update on developments.

I'm thinking that perhaps you also have an adrenal problem. And possibly a heavy metal/thyroid problem. Do you have any amalgam fillings? Perhaps if you fix these things you can stop your hairloss as well as cure your depression--wishfull thinking geek

It is stressful, but try and stay positive. Hopefully others will chime in soon. I will moniter the thread.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:01 am

From searching the forum alone in regards to mood, anxiety and depression there is a lot of things that people have reported positively.

CS recommended,
"high dose vitamin D, fish oil, and magnesium, her anxiety will probably vanish in a few months."

*magnesium
*vitamin C
*ashwagandha
*l-theanine
*lithium orotate
*TMG
*vitamin d
*kava kava
*sam-e
*phosphatidylserine
*b6
*taurine
*chamomile
*licorice
*passionflower
*rhodiola
*omega-3's

Is a list somebody posted.

A lot of talk about niacinamide which I've taken as well and would recommend. If she can handle it, theres a lot of positive reviews regarding cold showers for anxiety over at Earth Clinic

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html

Sam-e can be pretty pricey but people have found it effective for depression.
Make sure your diet is pretty solid as well.

Meditation is another thing people have found to help and is free.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 am

Hey Guys, thanks for your Recommendations.. I'm gonna try vitamin B5 and vitamin C to see what happens. Already on magnesium via IH Top 6 Supp line. And Hoppi, still trying to correct my stomach. Is colloidal silver safe? how long should it be taken for?

Was anyone able to take a look at the ingredients for Chill Pills to see if anything in it is bad for hair? I'll just post the ingredient list so perhaps CS or someone can chime in:

Two vegetable capsules contain:
Holy Basil 10% Ursolic Acids) 100 mg
Phellodendron 0.1% Berberine (35:1) 30 mg
Royal Jelly 6%-10 HAD 50 mg
Astragalus 3% Astragalosides (16:1)
50 mg
L-Theanine 200 mg
Rhodiola 5% Rosavins (55:1) 100 mg
Passion Flower 3.5% Flavonoids 100 mg
Avenia sativa extract( 10:1) 100 mg
Magnolia 80% Magnolol + Honokiol (75:1) 15 mg
Ashwagandha root 2.5% withanolides (8:1)
150 mg
Red Jujube 25 mg
B1 (Thiamine HCL) 50 mg
B2 (Riboflavin HCL 50 mg
B2 Riboflavin 5-Phosphate) 5 mg
B3 (Niacinamide) 15 mg
B3 I(nositol Hexanicotinate) 35 mg
B5 D-Pantothenic Acid (Calcium) 50 mg
B6 Pyridoxine HCL 50 mg
B6 Pyridoxal 5-phosphate 5 mg
Biotin 75 mcg
Folic acid 1 mg
B12 Methylcobalamine 150 mcg
Choline Bitartrate 25 mg
Inositol 50 mg
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 50 mg

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 pm

helpmyhair1 wrote:Hey Guys, thanks for your Recommendations.. I'm gonna try vitamin B5 and vitamin C to see what happens. Already on magnesium via IH Top 6 Supp line. And Hoppi, still trying to correct my stomach. Is colloidal silver safe? how long should it be taken for?

Was anyone able to take a look at the ingredients for Chill Pills to see if anything in it is bad for hair? I'll just post the ingredient list so perhaps CS or someone can chime in:

Two vegetable capsules contain:
Holy Basil 10% Ursolic Acids) 100 mg
Phellodendron 0.1% Berberine (35:1) 30 mg
Royal Jelly 6%-10 HAD 50 mg
Astragalus 3% Astragalosides (16:1)
50 mg
L-Theanine 200 mg
Rhodiola 5% Rosavins (55:1) 100 mg
Passion Flower 3.5% Flavonoids 100 mg
Avenia sativa extract( 10:1) 100 mg
Magnolia 80% Magnolol + Honokiol (75:1) 15 mg
Ashwagandha root 2.5% withanolides (8:1)
150 mg
Red Jujube 25 mg
B1 (Thiamine HCL) 50 mg
B2 (Riboflavin HCL 50 mg
B2 Riboflavin 5-Phosphate) 5 mg
B3 (Niacinamide) 15 mg
B3 I(nositol Hexanicotinate) 35 mg
B5 D-Pantothenic Acid (Calcium) 50 mg
B6 Pyridoxine HCL 50 mg
B6 Pyridoxal 5-phosphate 5 mg
Biotin 75 mcg
Folic acid 1 mg
B12 Methylcobalamine 150 mcg
Choline Bitartrate 25 mg
Inositol 50 mg
PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 50 mg

This product has a pretty good profile of ingredients, however I think that taking a good brand of Brewer's Yeast might be a better option as it is a natural form of many of these B vitamins. Then you can add a good adaptogen like ashwagandha, ginseng, rhodiola etc.

On CS's regimen page he has a good natural multi-vitamin that you can take, but it is more expensive that the Brewer's Yeast. I'll be adding BY soon.

I hope that you benefit from B5 and Vit C. I believe that I have, but I need more time to assess its effect. I feel more "at ease" with things if that makes any sense.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:20 pm

none of the mentioned above is effective as St John's Wort. You can feel the difference almost instantly. not for long term use unless you cycle but it DOES work.

masterfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Unrealistic Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 am

Halfempty:

I believe your comment to be so real. The more I think about it, the more I feel my scalp burning.
And yes, we should focus on our other qualities, I'm not just my HL (although easier said than done).

Unrealistic

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 am

masterfree wrote:none of the mentioned above is effective as St John's Wort. You can feel the difference almost instantly. not for long term use unless you cycle but it DOES work.

I think that it depends entirely on what is causing these symptoms (underlying issues). Someone suffering from adrenal fatigue or heavy metal toxicity might have better options than St. John's Wort--especially long term.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:06 am

halfempty wrote:I think that it is important to accept that you are losing your hair. This allows you to become more flexible in your thinking. You can trying changing your self-concept from someone who is balding to someone "who is really excellent at doing this or that." You cannot accept your hair loss because you may believe that having hair is who you are and not having hair is the death of your self. You have the ability to change your self-concept. This will greatly reduce anxiety/depression. I have always had accelerated hair loss and scalp inflammation when I was excessively focused on my hair loss and inflammation. You have the ability to make your hair loss worse by thinking about it and worrying about it.. it is crazy.

I concur with unrealistic. This is good advice.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Helpmyhair...

The FIRST thing I would try for stress is a good Vitamin D3 + K2 combo. Minimum 5000IU of Vitamin D3.

I tried everything and Vitamin C was keeping me going. It was until I added the D3 I saw significant improvement in my stress related hairloss. (Pains in the adrenal glands)
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down