Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas?

+2
Hoppipolla
9rugrats5
6 posters

Go down

Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? Empty Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas?

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

My hair loss is the pattern baldness style. No diffuse thinning on the vertex, just the slow (or sometimes quick!) road to recession. I have experienced some regrowth at the temples, particularly the right one, and the battle goes well there. The frontal area is more of a see saw. Bad diet, episodes of stress, or endocrine system surges seem to badly affect this part.

When the going's good, the frontal scalp feels elastic, the skin feels good, the fingers glide through it, and there is no shed or breakage. But in the bad periods, the frontal scalp feels rough in texture, dryish and when i pull hair or rub the scalp area, the hair shafts break midway. Note that I say shafts break and not the complete hair from the roots. Surprisingly, this kind of brittleness in hair is present only in the frontal scalp, nowhere else. Elsewhere, the scalp and the hair feel perfectly healthy. So what I end up with is that the frontal hair never grows to more than half an inch's length. Inevitably a bad phase occurs during this time, and the shafts rupture midway during this time.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this phenomenon, and why only in the frontal area. Could it be some kind of mineral deficiency? I don't buy in the DHT theory much, but if anti-DHT topicals could help, I'd be willing to try this approach. Any ideas to fight this problem would be much appreciated!

-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? Empty Re: Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas?

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Bump. So no one has ever encountered this problem?
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas? Empty Re: Frontal scalp hair brittleness. Ideas?

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 pm

I believe brushing has strengthened that area up for me although it's a little soon to tell. I think it would strengthen almost any hair though ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:24 am

Hmm, Hoppi, thanks, but I'm particularly talking of brittleness of hair strands here. Why does it occasionally happen in the mpb (frontal) area for me, and what I could do to avoid it.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 am

9rugrats5 wrote:Hmm, Hoppi, thanks, but I'm particularly talking of brittleness of hair strands here. Why does it occasionally happen in the mpb (frontal) area for me, and what I could do to avoid it.

I just mean that by increasing bloodflow and stuff you might end up with thicker, fuller and healthier follicles. I mean.. in reality anything that will boost the flow of nutrients and oxygen and decrease inflammation and stuff will help Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 am

Thyroid disorder can cause that. Look into it.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

9rugrats5,

The frontal region in front of the vertex is the most susceptible to hair loss caused by stress. I read in a paper that for some people, chronic stress can cause a bald spot in this area even when the rest of the scalp shows no signs of balding (including the hairline). It's been documented to occur even in those who do not have "genetic predisposition" to hair loss.

I had some pretty bad thinning in this area about a year and a half ago before I started making important lifestyle changes. It has filled in completely since then.

Do you experience a lot of stress?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

The hair loss pattern has NOTHING to do with health or any of that stuff. The pattern only has to do with one thing: RACE! The nordic hair loss pattern is the entire top of the scalp besides a tuft of hair on the front of the forehead. The middle eastern pattern is losing the circle in the back of the scalp. The asian pattern is similar to the nordic except its more of the top of the scalp and less hair on the sides is lost (Look at pic of Mao Zedong for example). Of course there is more and there is mixes of the three, but in general most baldness can be put into those three types.

You can even see this hair loss pattern in BABIES when they are under one year of age, both male and female babies show their genetic hair loss pattern at that young of age.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Peter Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 am

Have you considered getting a thyroid test done? This could be the reason for your hair loss.

Get a good scalp massage at least once or twice a week with essential oils to nourish the roots and cleanse the scalp. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Use natural hair products containing useful herbs such as He Shou Wu and saw palmetto.

One study for Saw palmetto from 2002, found that 60% of men in a 4 month trial found improvements in hair restoration. Read more: http://fullheadhair.com/how-to-make-your-hair-grow-faster-2/

Take a healthy diet containing the vital vitamins and minerals. Try this recipe for free natural shampoo - https://youtu.be/FstLYoC5MSE

http://www.fullheadhair.com/

Mike Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down