Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different?

+4
johnt
CausticSymmetry
Crusher
gbp2000
8 posters

Go down

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? Empty CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different?

Post  gbp2000 Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:57 am

Ok - my vellus fertiliser does something. Wounding does something. IH6 definitely does something.

But why do they all seem less effective on temples?

Is it just that it is harder, or is something more, a different approach required.

Is is because crown loss and temple loss are due to distinctly different causes. Or, is it the same underlying issue, but the effects of scalp geography, angles, musculature, blood flow and lymphatic drainage in the front that make growth so hard?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? Empty CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different?

Post  Crusher Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:34 am

gbp2000 - it's the difference between 5-alpha reductase type I and 5-alpha reductase type II. Type II affects the vertex area - that's
the 'success story' of fin - type I affects the frontal area. From my point of view (we shouldn't start another fin discussion),
the hardest place to create regrowth. My frontline is unable to turn my vellus hair into terminal hair...

What's your vellus fertiliser doing for you?

Crusher

Back to top Go down

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? Empty Re: CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different?

Post  gbp2000 Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:39 am

I'm not sure I agree with A5 reductase thing anymore, after reading a lot of CSs posts.

My vellus mix is garlic, aloe and castor oil, applied a few times a day. Grows vellus hair, but doesnt create terminal.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? Empty Re: CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different?

Post  Crusher Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 am

Agreed! Forget my theoretical approach.
So let's discuss the question why it is so difficult
to turn vellus hair into terminal hair in the frontal area???

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 am

There's lacking research in this area, however it is probably related two either calcification or a diminishing supply of stems cells in the frontal/temporal region.

Also there appears to be a great impact of neurogenic inflammation in this area.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Crusher wrote:gbp2000 - it's the difference between 5-alpha reductase type I and 5-alpha reductase type II. Type II affects the vertex area - that's
the 'success story' of fin - type I affects the frontal area. From my point of view (we shouldn't start another fin discussion),
the hardest place to create regrowth. My frontline is unable to turn my vellus hair into terminal hair...

What's your vellus fertiliser doing for you?

Not that I disagree with this information -- I really don't know -- but I just find it strange that when I started fin (propecia) almost 10 years back, within a few months I regrew my frontal hairline and it didn't do very much for my crown. Back then it was the only thing I knew of, and therefore the ONLY thing I was using or doing to combat my hairloss. Just proof that hairloss is not easily categorized or remedied I guess.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 am

CS: diminishing supply of stems cells in the frontal/temporal region.

.. That sounds pretty bad .. if that is the case then mpb will proceed there no-matter what we do, it seems .. (??) At the moment that is not my experience.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:57 am

Wounding does do something, but not enough.

What I want is to be able to target an area and say at 'x' spot I will regenerate a hair. I don't care if that takes a week, month or a year.

Once I can establish a process for growing one hair, I can streamline it.

Right now, IH6 keeps down the inflammation. I have things that will grow random hairs occasionally, but nothing consistent.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? Empty What's IH6?

Post  curt504 Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:29 pm

>>Right now, IH6 keeps down the inflammation.

What's IH6??

tnx, curt

curt504

Back to top Go down

CS: Frontal Hair Regrowth - why so different? Empty Re: What's IH6?

Post  Crusher Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 am

curt504 wrote:>>Right now, IH6 keeps down the inflammation.

What's IH6??

tnx, curt

Here's the link:

http://www.immortalhair.org/mycurrentregimen.htm

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Reviving this thread, any new inputs after 6 months?

Also, CS, mind explaining "neurogenic inflammation" and how/ why it might be affecting the frontal scalp?

With my regimen, the hair on the rest of the scalp seem to be doing well in feel and appearance, but thickening the frontal area still is a formidable challenge with little progress. I too, have some vellous hair but it is not turning terminal easily. Moreover, the frontal hair shafts are still weak and breaking mid-length. So, in the frontal region, I have some normal length hair and some prickly, broken short ones.

Welcome more thoughts on this topic.
-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:13 pm

I'd also be interested in hearing why neurogenic inflammation might be a primary cause of frontal hair loss. This would mean that the curcumin/resveratrol combination should be effective at preventing further loss in this region, right?

Is neurogenic inflammation concomitant with stress? I remember on another thread that someone was saying that the 'stress' effects circumvented by curc/res is not stress in the conventional sense, but physical stress as well. I am not entirely clear on this distinction between types of stress. Can someone please explain to me what kind of stress-induced hair loss curc/res will combat? I ask because I suffer from anxiety, and I wonder if this is contributing to my hair loss.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down