Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Neverending discussion: pH EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Neverending discussion: pH EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Neverending discussion: pH EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Neverending discussion: pH

5 posters

Go down

Neverending discussion: pH Empty Neverending discussion: pH

Post  Misirlou Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:35 pm

After reading Dr. Kim's article about pH and listening to Dr. Tennant as well, I feel some what pH-confused. My first question: Are products like this one (http://www.vitacost.com/body-rescue-ph-protector-drops) helpful at all in regulating proper pH or just a waste of money? And I'm not talking about the pH of the blood here, rather everywhere else but the blood.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Neverending discussion: pH Empty Re: Neverending discussion: pH

Post  AS54 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:34 am

I think many people have misconceptions about this pH thing, incuding myself, because the information out there is so misleading sometimes. The body has an intricate system of maintaing the pH of blood and other tissues, and I'm not sure that I think taking an alkaline mineral supplement is going to negate the effects of an off balance diet. If I were going to try and do anything, I'd focus on consuming more vegetables. Juice a 2 carrots, a cucumber, and an apple and drink that a couple of times a day. Eat kale salads. Most of the effect of the pH "modulators" extend mostly to the GI tract, and I see it being way less abrasive to use a balanced diet (balance your proteins with green vegetables) than pumping yourself full of calcium chloride and sulfated castor oil. I don't think the human body was meant to consume something that has a pH over 12, in complete isolation. Alkalizing components usually come as part of an entire whole food. That's just me.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:14 am

I have a simple explanation for all this alkaline stuff. First, it's improperly labeled.

Eating according to the pH is a waste of time. The thyroid governs 99.5% of the activity anyway.
It does help to consume antioxidants versus foods that steal electrons. It also helps to remove
substances (heavy metals) that steal electrons.

The intestine operates on an optimal pH of 4.5 to 5.5, and intentionally over doing it on "alkaline-forming"
food isn't the key to health. For the carnivores out there, eat more meat.

We need plenty of stomach acid to break down proteins into their component amino acids.

I would change the alkalize or die phrase, to antioxidant or die prematurely.

Here's an example. Lemons have a low pH, yet they are powerful antioxidants. Try cutting an apple
in half and watch the browning or oxidant effect happening. Or Try cutting on in half and pouring
acidic lemon on it, and watch it not turn brown.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:27 am

CS, that bit about the apple is interesting and could easily be an indicator of low stomach acid for me. Now that I think of it, low stomach acid is probably the cause of my remaining issues.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 am

My wife and I are concerned about this as well because we think we cannot make a baby boy. We've had two children and both are girls. We know that if the mother is acidic then its hard for the male sperm to survive in the acidic environment. We tried the PH test strips yesterday and we both got very acidic.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 am

Hey CS,

That's really interesting info. So should I consider all of this information out there on the
over acidity caused by eating too many animal products to be off base? You look at things
like the China study (which I already know to be BS, but just for example), that show eating a more plant based diet reduces cancer risk...does this ahve anything to do with alakalizing? Despite the rationale of being a canrivore and eating meat, I still have concerns about eating too many acidic foods. Do you think we should have any concern about uric acid and over acidity, being that acids steal electrons?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Hey CS,

That's really interesting info. So should I consider all of this information out there on the
over acidity caused by eating too many animal products to be off base? You look at things
like the China study (which I already know to be BS, but just for example), that show eating a more plant based diet reduces cancer risk...does this ahve anything to do with alakalizing? Despite the rationale of being a canrivore and eating meat, I still have concerns about eating too many acidic foods. Do you think we should have any concern about uric acid and over acidity, being that acids steal electrons?

The 'China study' is a classic example of science fiction delivered to celebrated status due to the fact that a fanatical vegan is an academian with high "credentials."

The China hypothesis is so factually flawed that the proof the author uses is proof against this own theory.

Unfortunately, proud vegans take his work seriously as a sort of 'vindication' of going vegan to be wise.

His alarming work has been debunked many times over.

There are many acids, which are good, including uric acid (it is after all an antioxidant). Plenty of theoretical, and fanatical vegan-based authors have proposed that uric acid is "bad." It's not. Instead, it is important to understand what causes the uric acid to be elevated (as the body needs more of it to protect).

I take loads of thioctic acid, (also known a lipoic acid) and with acetyl L-carnitine helps extend life-span.

An abundance of protein is necessary to produce glutathione. If you're low on that, you live a shorter life. Patients in ICU are almost always low on glutathione, so instead of the junk, they call hospital food, I would give them all of the essential amino acids. Especially whey protein.

Do vegetables help reduce cancer? It depends on the kind that are being eaten. The best ones have epigenetic qualities, such as broccoli sprouts.

Details such as how the meat is cooked, and what other foods are consumed often left out of the equation.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down