Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Wiki discussion EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Wiki discussion EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Wiki discussion EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Wiki discussion EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Wiki discussion EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Wiki discussion EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Wiki discussion EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Wiki discussion EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Wiki discussion EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Wiki discussion

3 posters

Go down

Wiki discussion Empty Wiki discussion

Post  empty Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:51 am

I haven't been on this forum very long, but I quickly noticed a need for a wiki. Let's use this thread to discuss its implementation.

empty

Back to top Go down

Wiki discussion Empty Re: Wiki discussion

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:11 am

The main reason I can see a wiki being used here could easily be achieved here on this forum with a couple of sticky posts, a basic summary of the roots of the thread, Brian's amazing achievements, the addition of plenty of other opinions and a few other genuinely brilliant men, because really so few people have dug into the bulk of this thread, I'm only scratching the surface of the information here....

I think CS should have the word here, it's his name, his site, and its him who would have to answer to the loads of people who would pour on here after a wiki site came upon him... not to mention negative attention that could be generated. Could be a good thing in the end, could raise his supplements to great heights, but it should be up to him.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 am

action<reaction - It's a good idea, although it would seem like very time consuming thing to do. If you have any ideas, would be interested, my knowledge on how Wiki works is very limited.

I think we will see very some exciting things (new vistas) for 2011, but it would be really cool to some how find a way to categorize various topics. Or Wiki them to make them easier to understand and access.

On a slightly different subject, the regular (mainstream) Wikipedia is quite unreliable when it comes to subjects on health, and I'm sure many here probably would agree with me on that.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:29 am

I absolutely agree that wikipedia could be a potentially disastrous place for this site for that reason... although if the Rife community can manage, I really can't see why with a little work we couldn't either... the question is will it be worth it?

I would love to see just one sticky, with multiple links in it, for example...

Welcome to IH, please take some time to browse through these links for a history of topics already covered

Vegetarian Debates
link

Vitamin D controversy
link

LLLT
link

jdp710 research
link

CausticSymmetry quotes and studies
link

Even if we wiki them, having a summary before each link and just having a simple interface like that would suffice I'd think.

As for those new vista's you mentioned, I'm excited, sounds like you've got something neat up your sleeve.

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:27 am

I'm not thinking Wikipedia, I'm thinking a place where we can manage the huge amount of content generated by this forum. Wiki's more of a general noun nowadays - I definitely wouldn't want it associated with Wikipedia.

Someone threw out this link in the jdp quotes thread:
http://www.wikispaces.com/

A

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 am

Weird, I had a full post written out but it truncated it.

Anyways, AR, your post is what I think we could do, except externally on a well categorized, easy-to-navigate site wiki type of site. We could crowdsource the board for edits to reduce workload on individuals.

I don't think we could fit all of the relevant information into a single post. Well, it'd fit, it would just be really difficult to manage. Not to mention we don't have edit capabilities on the board currently so it wouldn't be organic.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am

If you go through with this, please make sure that everything is thoroughly cited with references to good studies.

My biggest problem getting into this game was sorting out the good stuff from the pseudoscience.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 am

crincrin wrote:If you go through with this, please make sure that everything is thoroughly cited with references to good studies.

My biggest problem getting into this game was sorting out the good stuff from the pseudoscience.

Yep. By crowdsourcing the edits we can discuss the validity of sources, and all of the sources can be easily managed.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down