Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How this forum has benefited you EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How this forum has benefited you EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
How this forum has benefited you EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How this forum has benefited you EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How this forum has benefited you EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
How this forum has benefited you EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
How this forum has benefited you EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
How this forum has benefited you EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
How this forum has benefited you EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How this forum has benefited you

+9
Hoppipolla
tudor
a
imprisoned-radical
hadrion
CausticSymmetry
ubraj
whodathunkit
bh1546
13 posters

Go down

How this forum has benefited you Empty How this forum has benefited you

Post  bh1546 Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:20 am

In light of the thread 2020 started, I do agree that sometimes we get caught up too much in all the bad things in the world health wise rather than "living life" but I thought I would start a thread on how this forum has helped everyone.

For me, I have slowed my hair loss significantly. I thought I would be somewhat bald by the time I was 30. I am 27 and currently only have minimal thinning. This forum has helped me understand the importance of gut health and I now have zero symptoms of IBS which I use to live with on a daily basis. I also use to get cold sores at least once a month. I have not had a cold sore in over a year and a half..probably something to do with a boost in my immune system.

I think its funny that none of the above is something that my doctor had any knowledge of how to correct/cure.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

How this forum has benefited you Empty Re: How this forum has benefited you

Post  whodathunkit Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:47 am

Me, too. Since I landed on this forum last July I look better and feel better. Overall I'm sleeping better, although I've let my diet slip for a couple of months and I'm starting to feel that. I am shedding much less hair, and my hair acts better. It seems to be thicker, has much more body and shine. It's perked up quite a bit...it's acting more like it did when I was young, in that it looks better when I wake up in the morning, etc. It also seems like I'm having better coverage, but I don't want to crow about that yet as I've still got a long way to go and I haven't had time to download and compare the pictures I've taken.

I'm extremely pleased with what I've gotten out of participating in this forum. I've found more helpful information here (info that has allowed me to help my ownself rather than relying on healthcare professionals that are too busy or lack the knowledge to help me) than anywhere else on the internet.

Speaking of the other thread...can we please let it DIE? Everytime someone replies to it, it floats back to the top like the proverbial turd in the punchbowl. Starving the trolls is the best way to get them to go away.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:31 am

It's always been interesting to me seeing how those who are able to put the pieces of the puzzle together for themselves are the ones who seem to have the best results, rather than blindly following someone's advice.

I think the reason for this is because there is a lot to learn. Without having this knowledge, when there is the inevitable fork in the road, the person who has the knowledge, ends up knowing what to do to correct it and get back on track.

So in a sense 2020 is correct. What I mean is if you blindly follow someone without understanding the why and how, you may not get much in results, IMO. However, if you empower yourself and do the research and your own experimentation, that's where the results are the best, IMO.

here is a quote from frequencyfence from youtube
How this forum has benefited you 79493979

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 am

With all of the members here who find amazing information, always magnifies my learning to a higher level. It's also good to see different opinions, viewpoints etc.

The reason for starting this forum is exactly what it represents.

With the recent news (unsurprising) that finasteride damages, often irrevocably the endocrine system. There is still
much to learn about how to recover it. The best minds are still struggling for an answer, however it will come. Perhaps the brain-gut axis is key.

My hair loss has been solved some years ago, yet the health learning here never stops. Lots of thanks to all of the contributors here.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 am

In no particular order this forum has; stopped my hair loss, improved my skin texture and appearance so I look much younger than people my age, helped me lose weight, increase muscle mass, strength and recovery time, improved my sex life, improved my gut health tremendously, helped me whiten my teeth and solve tooth sensitivity without having to go a dentist by natural means, cured my wife's hive like reaction on her skin/face w/in 24 hours never to return, gotten my mother off cholesterol meds....I'm sure I'm missing a few things here and there. Only thing I had to go a doctor for was a varicose vein in my leg that was leaking blood into my ankle that needed to be killed with a laser and yanked out.

This place has been a Godsend for me personally.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 pm

This forum helped me realize that being healthy is much more complicated than what's suggested by mainstream culture. Before I started reading about hair loss and its connection with metabolic disorder, I always thought I was pretty healthy just because I was skinny. General cultural perceptions would have us believe that being healthy is paramount to "looking good" and "attractive." However most of the population relies on unnatural strategies to achieve those external indicators of good health...dangerous diets based on caloric restriction, excessive amounts of exercise, etc. Just take note of how people at large are addicted to caffeine and salt. Since neither caffeine nor salt occur in natural foods, it's very possible that these cravings are a downstream effect of adrenal fatigue. Also, how many people have chronic bad breath and need to use huge amounts of personal hygiene/deodorant products to make themselves presentable in public? Anyone can douse themselves in toxic fragrances and mask whatever odors are generated by the body, but the underlying cause of those odors remain unaddressed. IME, bad breath is one of the most reliable indicators that your health is deteriorating.

I've drastically slowed down my hair loss, but I do notice scalp inflammation and shedding during stressful periods.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

First off I'd like to stop any naysayers in their tracks by saying that this forum has saved my life.

When I came here in early 2009 I was a corpse, a bloated, quickly balding, brain dead lump of a person who could only spend a couple of hours a day out of bed. Today, I am a extremely functional person with enough energy to work six days a week of hard labour and still come home and do an hour of yoga and work outs (then the horizontal mambo). Before I list individual things, I think that what this site gave me more than direct knowledge is the examples I needed to choose modalitys of thinking that produce independant choices, without that, you're as jdp sort of said.

Okay ... this site has ...
Fixed erectile issues. Fixed psychological issues. Helped me lose a ton of weight and gain a ton of muscle. Saved my hair. Helped me help my aunt survive breast cancer. Helped me come overcome chronic fatigue and chronic pain. Fixed my extreme irritable bowel issues. Helped me save my teeth. Helped me indentify the very subtle ways to eat properly for my body chemistry. Allowed me to add years to my life easily by simply avoiding certain daily things such as improper exercise patterns, food additives, etc. Given me a new sense of reassurance and self reliance. The list will go on for miles, I honestly would have a list five times this long if not for the fact that I haven't given much thought to my health in a little while, its mostly been just me enjoying my life for the first time in years (again thanks to this site).

I also want to add a very brief message at the bottom of this as I've gotten a bunch of PMs regarding chelation, and I can't think of anywhere else to put a summary so I'm putting it here. If anybody wants it moved, I can move it.

Here's what I did.
Take magnesium citrate after meals with plenty of liquids to begin, we are almost all very deficient in magnesium and its a very needed mineral, this form will also hydrate your colon and help you move accumulated waste out of your body which is what my first step is about.
Avoid all starches for a couple of months and take Iodine everyday with some rare meat or fish, use magnesium citrate if it helps to get those bowels moving. Keep foods simple, piece of red meat bloody rare with sea salt of a proper brand and variety not the shit supermarket stuff. Have a salad with it with coconut oil and vinegar. Coconut milk, almond milk, broth, apple sauce, and basically GAPS diet foods will be essential here, before you start chelation you will want to clean out your gut and colon as much as possible IME. No harsh fibre, no STARCH (rice, potato, wheat, sorghum, soy flour, buckwheat, quinoa, etc).

Once you are pooping like a champ and feel like your gut is settling and nothing is staying in there for too long, get these supplements.
1) Modified Citrus Pectin.
2) Humifulvate.

Now, start fasting as soon as you wake up, I was dealing with very aggressive symptoms and so I treated myself aggressively, go at your own pace but measure your results by said pace.

I would wake up, start drinking water, some almond milk, some salty broth to keep my sodium and adrenals up, and after about an hour I would pop huge doses of the MCP and a hefty dose of the humifulvate. I would then wait a little while, have more broth, some coconut water or something a little sweet, then repeat the supplements every couple of hours until around three, at which point I'd put on a slab of some sort of meat, eat it blue rare with Iodine and sea salt and maybe some light oiled and vinergary salad. I didn't at the time, but take magnesium citrate while doing this, you want to keep things flowing out of you quickly, none of the toxins your releasing now should be allowed to sit in your colon or gut, so drink plenty, plenty, plenty of water, tea, etc. I now drink over two litres of green tea a day, plus tons of coconut water, carbonated water with a little juice in it, straight water, its essential during this process.
The regimen is simple and I did it for months, but you have to stick to it and fasting and cleaning during and beforehand is key, especially in terms of your colonic transit speed. If you find yourself experiencing anything out of body like, as I did during this process, keep family or friends who you can trust close at hand and be ready to go to the emergency room if you detox crisis / herx is too bad. Just be careful.

Edit. I've also been doing recently IV EDTA, and suppository magnesium EDTA. Both I recommend highly, but I don't recommend them as initial forms of chelation for numerous reasons. Begin slow and build momentum via boosting detoxification and oral forms of chelation first to maximize the potential of anything such as these more invasive forms of toxin and metal removal.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tudor Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:09 pm

thank you a< r for your post...could you please talk more about the actual dosages of the things you've been using?
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:11 am

Nice post A < R! Congrats!

Thought you'd be interested in this info about increased water/fluid intake.

What is the evidence that increased water intake results in lower incidence of any or all of the following:
Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.
……….
DRINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH
It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven its value. We publish below a description of use of water for our readers. For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:
Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.
METHOD OF TREATMENT
1. As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 × 160ml glasses of water
2. Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes
3. After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.
4. After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours – ie you can drink straight after a meal (within the first 15 minutes) but not for 2 hours after that.
5. Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.
6. The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life .
The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/ reduce main diseases:
1. High Blood Pressure – 30 days
2. Gastric – 10 days
3. Diabetes – 30 days
4. Constipation – 10 days
5. Cancer – 180 days
6. TB – 90 days
7. Arthritic patients should follow the above treatment for only 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards – daily.
This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times. It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life .
Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active.
This makes sense … the Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals ..not cold water. maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain…
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this “sludge” reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal. http://network.nature.com/groups/skepticism/forum/topics/640

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:31 am

I don't stress over dosage much at all, I intentionally didn't say how many pills I would take because what was good for me might not be good for others, somedays it would be eight MCP in one handful with three Humifulvate, sometimes it would be 3/1 multiple times throughout the day if I felt like my body was tired and needed rest, sometimes I would go for a quick swim, put 16 mcp/5 Humifulvate and sit in a sauna for a half an hour if I felt like it was right.

My advice is start with a similar scheduel with the simple diet and daily six to eight hour intervals of fasting as its just as important as the supplements, and then start low at recommended dose and work your way up.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:19 pm

rdkml, on the most fundemental level that makes sense. We are by and far mostly made of water, and most of us get too much dietary insults that soak up water, incorrect forms of sodium, poor municipal water, and just too few liquids. With what we know about voltage and life, it would be natural that water as a conductant of electricity would be the medium and just as important as the spark itself.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Basically, other than sites I run myself and Facebook, IH is pretty much the only community website I actually use! I don't post on CureZone or whatever anymore and never really go on other forums other than ones I've made myself.

Why?

Because you guys are intelligent, friendly, open-minded and supportive! And we are discussing things I am very passionate about (hair and health). The forum's style also appeals to me and its all-round approach.

What has it done for me? Mainly taught me tons, probably more than any other community site ever. I am still wrestling with hair loss but I'm learning more every day and getting closer every day and am mostly enjoying the ride due to it being so constructive, supported and a great learning experience.

While I might be a bit of an unusual individual ( ^_^ ), IH makes me feel at home Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:32 pm

This site has been a godsend for me and I can't thank CS enough for all the priceless advice and information he has provided to me and everyone else here. On numerous occasions he has personally responded to my posts with suggestions that have been literally lifesaving. Because of him, this site and of course, everyone else who has contributed here I have saved my hair and improved my health a hundredfold. I have full confidence that I will both grow all my hair back and maintain perfect health in the years to come. This is a huge statement but what I've learnt here is something that I will be forever grateful for. I've never met the man but as I've mentioned in a much earlier post CS is a true scholar and gentleman. If there is anything such as karma I'm sure he will get all the rewards coming to him. Helping fellow human beings is the greatest of all virtues. Thanks CS - you're a legend.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 am

ar - do you not think you had lyme now?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 am

With the notion of pleomorphic bacteria, a wide variety of spirochetes that have been with us for a very long time, and what I know about our immune system and how bacteria metabolism really is a reflection of that and other factors like necrotic tissue, I'd say that everybody has lyme everywhere to some degree. It's a matter of whether or not they have the opportunity to take hold of their host.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Fair enough, I was under the impression you had it pretty bad but was surprised you were using mag citrate instead of mag malate like jdp and newport recommend as not to help feed lyme.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 pm

I can't say whether or not all forms of magnesium but malate are positive for Lyme spirochetes, but my experience with my own set of symptoms is similar with the citrate as it was with the thousands of doses of Malate I've taken save for better bowel movements, my muscles, joints, skin and well being are majorly boosted when taking these two forms. I ignore pretty much all other forms of supplements besides the ones recommended on this site, especially things like oxides so I can't really comment for those.

What I can say is that oral care and lyme go hand in hand, and that I can't, can't, can't stress enough how important it is for bleeding gums to be addressed. Jdp was spot on the money there, I have made some big strides with a fourty dollar water pik from wal mart (say sorry) in fixing my oral situation. You never realize how much nastiness gets caught between your teeth, especially your big molars and back teeth and how many problems it can cause. When I started basically pressure washing between there with the pik a lot of stuff came out, especially blood and coagulated grossness, the pain was also intense. Now nothing comes out but a little bit of the last meal I had and the pain is gone. The results have been better digestion, more mental clarity, fewer adrenal problems, less signs of obvious inflammation, etc.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Speaking of the importance of dental care, here is a quote from Dr. Loyd.

"We have known for years that a dental X-ray would increase the radiation
stress score and would even increase the BX (carcinoma virus) score up
to 25 points (which is a lot)."

In other words, just a couple of dental X-Rays can give you cancer! Scary stuff. Not to mention all the other non specific health issues it will cause.

FWIW, this is a way to reduce raditiation levels through baking soda and salt (or epsom salt) ... another quote from Dr. Loyd

"Radiation damage must be corrected. Even dental X-rays cause virus levels to increase rapidly. We use Rad Balm to soothe damaged tissues. The Hazel Parcells salt and soda radiation soak should also be done. Run a bath tub of water as hot as can be tolerated. Add one pound of baking soda and one pound of salt. Sea salt, Celtic salt, or Real Salt are ideal. Soak in the solution until the water cools off. Do this weekly if there has been significant radiation such as CT scans. Avoid CT scans and PET scans and insist on magnetic or ultrasound types of scans. It is rather easy for cancer patients to accumulate enough radiation damage that it becomes much more difficult to regain health."

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

ar - Thanks for the reply. How would you address bleeding gums? The water pik alone? I don't have a shaver charge socket in my bathroom, would the cordless/wireless waterpiks be good enough?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

I can only attest to the regular standard waterpik, the others may work but I can't say for sure. I would also use xylitol, standard moutwash and sea salt as a rinse. I actually dilluted xylitol and mouthwash with water and used that straight through the waterpik, really really useful in that regard. The waterpik is nice though in that you can use it anywhere, just pour the water in the top compartment and use it over a baking bowl wherever there's an outlet.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 am

aI can't say whether or not all forms of magnesium but malate are positive for Lyme spirochetes, but my experience with my own set of symptoms is similar with the citrate as it was with the thousands of doses of Malate I've taken save for better bowel movements, my muscles, joints, skin and well being are majorly boosted when taking these two forms. I ignore pretty much all other forms of supplements besides the ones recommended on this site, especially things like oxides so I can't really comment for those.

I've never noticed such improvements really on either form, I've been taking the AOR malate a lot of the rife curezone rave on about and not sure how much difference I've noticed. With citrate I definitely noticed increased bowel movements, especially one time I accidentally took 1.2g+ in 9 hour period...

I am unsure if I have lyme in the sense of "full blown" lyme or some kind of cfs, I pray I don't have lyme but other than fatigue and inability to concentrate I don't really have any other symptoms so I probably don't.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am

In answer to the original question, this forum has helped me to:

- stop my hair loss
- lose weight while gaining muscle mass
- increase my energy throughout the day
- experiment with different diets until I finally settled on a mostly paleo approach
- make better decisions on a day-to-day basis with regard to my health
- have a generally more positive outlook that I have the ability to solve any problems that might come along
- keep an open mind

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 am

bh1546 wrote:In light of the thread 2020 started, I do agree that sometimes we get caught up too much in all the bad things in the world health wise rather than "living life" but I thought I would start a thread on how this forum has helped everyone.

For me, I have slowed my hair loss significantly. I thought I would be somewhat bald by the time I was 30. I am 27 and currently only have minimal thinning. This forum has helped me understand the importance of gut health and I now have zero symptoms of IBS which I use to live with on a daily basis. I also use to get cold sores at least once a month. I have not had a cold sore in over a year and a half..probably something to do with a boost in my immune system.

I think its funny that none of the above is something that my doctor had any knowledge of how to correct/cure.

It hasnt benefited me as of yet . . . I'm a neebie but I got to say that I'm learning an incredible amount of information and opening my eyes to possible causes of my receding hairline rather than the usual genetic excuse! for instance circulation in my scalp is something I never considered & I can implement techniques to improve it in that region. I'll start & move forward from there . . detox, vitamins, stress will be dealt with & I hope to discover & remedy the cause of my hairloss.

I'm developing a plan for myself from the vast amount of information in this forum. It's a pleasent forum with mostly helpful dudes sharing experiences & information which I hope eventually will help myself. Very Happy
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Fri May 04, 2012 4:02 am

just a further point . . . irrespective if I can maintain whats left of my hair or regrow some, I truly believe I will have a healthier body & mind from taking advice from this forum. Cool
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down