Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it...

+29
here_comes_the_sun
AL123
LawOfThelema
OpenUp2URminD
elan164
Paradox
Balthier
Crusher
ferox
Delphine
teyfar
wildman
gutted
SlowMoe
FATE
Yanks
sanderson
tudor
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
Columbo
a
9rugrats5
diffuse
ubraj
hellwig
Hoppipolla
whodathunkit
gbp2000
33 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... Empty The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it...

Post  gbp2000 Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:47 pm

I wanted to post this as I think it might be useful to people. Whilst I can't discuss the method behind it due to NDA - I have been having some success with a mechanical method to increase blood flow.

I want to make this post cause agnostic. In other words - if you think DHT causes hairloss or green men from mars do - thats fine. This is about why it is so hard to grow hair back on your temples etc.

The method is not mine - but the research and theory is mine or goes back to a book in the seventies.

People say that blood flow is the same in balding scalps. That's a huge pile of crap.

It has to be. Here is why - every terminal hair on your head is fed by a capillary loop. When it enters Anagen, that loop degenerates and goes. That's not supposition - it's fact.

As you bald, more of your hair is fed by diffusion of blood, than direct delivery. These hairs are called vellus. Again, this is a fact.

It doesn't matter how you got here - maybe a cow licked your head - what has happened is - your network of capilliaries is no longer needed to direct deliver blood.

What happens? As you bald - the network atrophies. When you remove the cause of your balding eg dht / lazy mitochondira / mercury / poor circulatory system / low oxygen - you hit an issue.

You can generally only grow hair near existing hair simply because the network needs to be rebuilt. At the front of your scalp - there are two main delivery systems - blood flowing up capillaries from above each eyebrow. You can see them quite clearly in a lot of babies.

So - I said, that bloodflow is different in balding scalps - both in quantity, reach and quality.

Example:

When you exercise or injure an area, your body will need to provide raw materials to repair and allow extra capacity.
This means that via aniogenesis - new capiliaries develop.
The more extensive the network - the more demand the body percieves and teh more blood is delivered.

Without hair - the demand goes - a general blood plasma bath is all that remains and the result is vellus. It doesn't matter what killed the hair - it can't grow back till it's got a local highway to tap into.

Lose the network coming up your forehead and it's going to be very hard to generate capillary loops until the network is reestablished.

To summarise:

-Vellus hair - has no capillary loop to the papillia
-Terminal hair - thickness depends on the number of cells (size) of the top of the papillia
-Blood flow to some extent determines the number of those cells.

If you feel like doing it you can verify the above claims in my other posts where I reference various papers.

Supposition: Disregarding the causes of baldness the end result is degradation of the network in two ways. Lack of reach - without blood 'highways' the streets and cut throughs don't exist - this equals recession. the quality of the blood delivered - 'thick' blood' and a degraded network due to health reasons (cardiovascular health) - results in sluggish delivery and an inefficient end to end delivery process. This is is diffuse thinning.

Conclusion:
Blood flow must be different in balding subjects
Deliver is related to demand in the body
Demand drives capillary development / aniogenesis
Capillary loops are required for terminal hair

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... Empty Re: The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it...

Post  gbp2000 Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:54 pm

What to do:

Firstly we need to improve the quality of the blood. A healthy diet, and IH6 may well play a huge role here. Second, pathogens and other issues that impair general health - JDPs Rife approach may well help here.

Restoring the local area network. Blood flow alone with caused thicker hair. This can be seen in the brushing lady blog - where she thickened up her hairline with a brush.

Restoring the wide area network. Whilst increased demand will help with this - a faster way seems to be aniogenesis - this can be achieved through pressure induced temporary hypoxia.

The best methods combine a rush of blood with scalp hypoxia and increased bloodflow. Rather contradictory, I know.

EG - headstands should be more effective than inversion tables. Skull growth exercises may actually work due to local pressure and hypoxia rather than the stated reason of retarding bone growth.

I will post more as and when my various experimentations with scalp manipulation deliver results or lack of.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... Empty Re: The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it...

Post  whodathunkit Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 pm

This makes perfect sense to me. IIMHO hypoxia/blood rush is analogous to HIIT for the scalp.

Personally, I'm doing four manual methods (Papi, Maliniak w/violet ray, hair brushing, and headstands) and my scalp feels great. I'm also addressing health issues with diet and in a variety of other ways. My shedding has slowed a lot, and I think I'm seeing some regrowth. I'm taking progress pics and will do an update soon.

It's been a long 8 months (since I hit this forum and really started addressing my hairloss and myriad health issues), but I believe it's finally paying off.

If nothing else I physically feel 150% better than I did this time last year, so even if I never see regrowth that's a plus.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah, I agree with you mate Smile

As I say, I did see a study which reported circulation was 2.6x weaker in balding scalps. IMO all that inflammation and stuff kills it, but I guess it could also be things like weakened thyroid function (resulting in poorer blood flow).

The hypoxia thing I don't quite understand yet, but I'm sure I'll get there soon.

I look forward to where all this goes in future, and thank you for this thread - that was tremendously informative Smile

EDIT -- So how are we sure about where blood enters the scalp to the follicles? I know there are big arteries running up near the cheek bones... you're sure that it comes via the eyebrows? I guess that would make some sense as often balding men have thin eyebrows. Not saying you're wrong, just wanted to clarify Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 am

Where can I find the brushing lady blog?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 am

I've been sent this rather interesting link here - which explains one heck of a lot. It also explains the veins etc, I've seen on my baby nephew - that lead up to his hairline.

The area around the temples is not likely to be bald because the circulation to the temples and back of the head is fed by the external carotid artery, which provides a sufficient flow of blood. The frontal scalp receives circulation from the internal carotid artery, which supplies the brain, and small branches pass through the eye sockets to the scalp. Hair transplants may be able to grow in what previously was bald scalp because they are inserted at a level deeper than the normal hair follicle, where there is greater circulation.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1272/is_n2626_v125/ai_19622618/

The blog is at:

WWW.RECEDINGHAIRLINE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Regarding lower blood flow, microvasular insufficiency:

http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Abstract/1996/05000/Transcutaneous_Po2of_the_Scalp_in_Male_Pattern.3.aspx

So far this means:

That we have what I would take as close to proof as we need that:

• Balding scalps suffer from hypoxia perhaps due to microvasular degredation
    I've read numerous papers that speak of temporary hypoxia generating new hair (this is quite different from long term hypoxia that results from the network collapse)
    That the interior Carteriod feeds the upper scalp - the sides and back are fed by the exterior Carteroid.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:26 am

I'd just like to state this again for anyone that wonders about the classic pattern of MPB:

That the interior Carteriod feeds the upper scalp - the sides and back are fed by the exterior Carteroid.

The interior Carteroid leaves the brain via notches in your eye sockets and heads up the front of your scalp. This is what I have seen in several babies (thin skin).

It might be worth noting that I believe some papers refer to temples in the accurate sense - whereas we might refer to the temples as being the top of the scalp and at the sides - as this is where recession traditionally begins - the furthest points from the interior Carteroid artery.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 am

gbp2000,

Yup, you're correct about the blood flow issue. Just add hair loss to the long list of issues that CCSVI is implicated in, IMO. http://theliberationmethod.blogspot.com/

Just remember, when they are treating for CCSVI they correct the non stop inflammation that comes from the pathogens and reduce the biofilm that is narrowing the veins. Otherwise may get limited benefits.

Here is a quote from Dr. K
"Treatment is to eradicate biofilm and endothelial infections such as nanobacteria, Rickettsia, Borrelia, Mycoplasma, and Chlamydia pneumoniae" more info if on treatment if you go 20% down the page and find the CCSVI info http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

And for those that have a F-165, this is the best program I've found to help open up the circulation for CCSVI IME. There are many that work well (many are around 7 - 8 MHz) but this seems to be the best I've found so far which is newports Borna script. I think this is why Medsonix units work. It opens up circulation well.

label loop
program c backfreq b 0 0 duty 82.4
label 0
label Borna
dwell 600
vpulse 0.01561778 .013 82.4 # 6 Octaves lower offset by 0.023, uses the main frq as a carrier
label BioW.Encasement
dwell 180
duty 50
pulse 0 0
goto loop

The problem is that one needs to run it 24/7. Once one stops, symptoms come back pretty fast. And of course being right next to the SC-1A gives best/fastest results IME.

hope this helps

Last edited by rdkml on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 am

Besides the first link I posted in this thread, this is another one as well to help understand CCSVI but is more complex. http://web.me.com/thriiive/CCSVI_Summit/Notes.html

I should mention that while most people with CCSVI doesn't have hair loss, those with hair loss or a large percentage "I" believe have CCSVI issues. With CCSVI the blood is not able to exit the the brain, scalp or thyroid and therefore develops low oxygen. TMJ and sinus issues are also connected.

Personally, I've corrected somebodies TMJ problems just by focusing on CCSVI.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:11 am

Might want to add dermarolling to the list of possible solutions i.e. another way to increase blood flow. I can recall at least one poster mentioning this wounding as a factor in his regrowth (TK/thelibrarian), and a while back I partially regrew my right temple with a minimal regime along the same lines. If recession was my main problem I'd be all over it.

Sounds like these methods are mainly about producing a localised improvement in blood flow (scalp) but if CCSVI is a root of the problem (and other issues) then it should be a priority too. I'd imagine finding a helpful doctor in this area is almost zero though so it would be a(nother) case of self-treatment for most of us.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm

gbp, you lead me to search on Carotid arteries. Here's a nice summarizing image-

The Fallacy Of Blood Flow As A Non Factor In Balding.... And What To Do About it... Internal+carotid

Wonder how many who experiencing MPB have weak Qi of the eyes.

Also interesting in this light is the recommendation in traditional eastern medicine for cleansing sinuses and nasal cavity when encountering hair loss.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Wow that's fascinating about the arteries! I hope that finally explains why the top portion is the first to go! I had heard this hinted at before but never so accurately and intelligently described/portrayed!

Thanks for the great diagram to back it up rugrats - I tried to find one as well but yours trumps anything I stumbled upon!

Oh, if you guys ever want to discuss this in "real time" then check out my chat room for IH Smile

I can't wait to start using all this new knowledge!

My housemate and I were discussing this stuff and the idea of an automatic head massager designed specifically for hair loss. Might be worth chucking together don't you think? Similar idea to a laser helmet?

Hoppi Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:45 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
My housemate and I were discussing this stuff and the idea of an automatic head massager designed specifically for hair loss. Might be worth chucking together don't you think? Similar idea to a laser helmet?

Hoppi Smile

Welcome, Hoppi. Unless the vibrating frequency of the device could be beneficial, i'd rather go for massage with hands. Here's why... while you are at it, you might as well add a topical. You wouldn't want messy topicals and oils to ruin your massage device. Massaging with good topicals also causes absorption of the medium via capillary rich palms, providing yet another route for absorption in bloodstream. Lastly, with one's hands one can push, pull, stretch and press- something not possible with a low cost massaging device.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 pm

9rugrats5 wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:

Hoppi Smile

Welcome, Hoppi. Unless the vibrating frequency of the device could be beneficial, i'd rather go for massage with hands. Here's why... while you are at it, you might as well add a topical. You wouldn't want messy topicals and oils to ruin your massage device. Massaging with good topicals also causes absorption of the medium via capillary rich palms, providing yet another route for absorption in bloodstream. Lastly, with one's hands one can push, pull, stretch and press- something not possible with a low cost massaging device.

Yes but.. if it CAN be made to work, then the person could sit there watching TV or playing a video game or something and boost their scalp circulation with no effort whatsoever! Kinda like a laser helmet, except from what I can gather, they aren't as powerful >.<
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

And this isn't even touching on how inflammation is involved in fibrin / fibrinogen and basically turning blood to sludge, or how the thyroid and adrenals have so much to do with blood pressure.

For me, if I feel any adrenal exhausting I start shedding, and as soon as I get some sea salt or something to pull me back up again, boom, hair comes back to life.

Ahhh, so much I want to post recently but haven't had the time. gbp these are all excellent posts and very much needed on this forum, because they are applicable approaches and ideas to add to the tangle of immunological stuff that this forum has (inevitably) gotten into. Cheers brother!

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:20 pm

aAnd this isn't even touching on how inflammation is involved in fibrin / fibrinogen and basically turning blood to sludge, or how the thyroid and adrenals have so much to do with blood pressure.

For me, if I feel any adrenal exhausting I start shedding, and as soon as I get some sea salt or something to pull me back up again, boom, hair comes back to life.

Ahhh, so much I want to post recently but haven't had the time. gbp these are all excellent posts and very much needed on this forum, because they are applicable approaches and ideas to add to the tangle of immunological stuff that this forum has (inevitably) gotten into. Cheers brother!

Wow fascinating mate O.O

The thyroid bit I knew, and I knew salt was good, but not the bit about the adrenals or the importance of blood thickness. I don't think anything I'm currently taking thins the blood. Coconut oil probs doesn't. I wonder if I could throw something in my regimen/diet to that effect.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 am

aAnd this isn't even touching on how inflammation is involved in fibrin / fibrinogen and basically turning blood to sludge, or how the thyroid and adrenals have so much to do with blood pressure.

My hope is we can combine some of the major approaches on this forum to:

radically raise our cardio vascular health
provide the nutrition our bodies need
restore the network to deliver the higher quality blood we are creating.

I'm honestly not sure if all my hair will be gone by the time I complete this experiment - but there is something to it. I can say without a doubt, if I had started looking at restoring the network ten years ago - I would still be a sold NW2. Instead I'm bordering on 5...

We'll see how things go.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 am

I've also noticed that when my adrenals take a battering -- from stress or whatever -- my hair takes a hit.

And also noticed that salt plays a massive part in taking the strain of my adrenals... there was one stage where I was feeling a constant rush of adrenalin for a week or two, almost as if I were developing an anxiety disorder.

I upped my salt intake (wright salt) and bang... suddenly felt a lot less edgy and hair loss seemed to stop
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:03 pm

The right type of salt seems to help with circulation as well as Adrenals. Looks like its a core part of any regimen.

In terms of massage and mechanical methods - the key seems to be to get the area to tingle, a little like pins and needles.

Is this due to the blood being forced out. (like Pins and Needles)

Or is it due to blood rushing back in?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Gbp, once Mastery mentioned tingling sensation after his swims in the sea, and to a lesser extent with packaged salts. I have occasionally tried this salt water application on the scalp. More often than not, it gives the tingling, fwiw.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

That's fantastic. Thankyou so much for the feedback and tip.

As I said - this is 'cause agnostic'. It's about solutions.

I don't care if people are using Rife, Minoxidil (eewwww), IH6, Latisse etc - I think we all need to regenerate the network feeding our hair as well.

I've seen enough proof and testimonials from the past 30 or so years to know it works.

The 'tingle' is a big part of that.

If topical salt can aid with a mechanical method, then that is fantastic.

Could you give any more details?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:06 pm

From Hagerty's site:

Using mice as animal models, the researchers found that exercise initially stimulates the production of VEGF, which then leads to an increase in the number of capillaries within a specific muscle fiber type, ultimately leading to an anaerobic to aerobic change in the muscle fibers supplied by those vessels. The VEGF gene produces a protein that is known to trigger blood vessel growth.

Mammalian muscle is generally made up of two different fiber types – slow-twitch fibers requiring oxygen to function, and the fast-twitch fibers, which function in the absence of oxygen by breaking down glucose. Because of their need for oxygen, slow-twitch fibers tend to have a higher density of capillaries. Walters said:

Exercise training is probably the most widely utilized physiological stimulus for skeletal muscle, but the mechanisms underlying the adaptations muscle fibers make in response to exercise is not well understood. What we have shown in our model is that increases in the capillary density occur before a significant change from fast-twitch to slow-twitch fiber type, and furthermore, that changes in levels of the VEGF protein occur before the increased capillary density.

Interestingly, capillary growth appears to occur preferentially among fast-twitch fibers, and it is these very fibers that likely change to slow-twitch fibers. Since exercise has the potential to impact an enormous number of clinical conditions, therapeutic manipulations intended to alter the response to exercise would benefit from a more detailed understanding of what actually happens to muscle as a result of exercise.

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/articles/hn16.htm

I wonder if his scalp exercises have a similar effect on scalp muscles and in turn capillary health and growth?

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

"current knowledge suggests that increased muscle contractions may increase angiogenesis"

And the "chemical" induced angiogenesis...

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Angiogenesis-Stimulation.aspx
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 pm

A slight tangent here and probably sounds a bit odd to mention, but...

I've noticed on the backs of my hands the hairs on the outside of the hand (where my little finger is the "outside") the hairs are thicker than those hairs on the inside of my hand (nearer my thumb).

As are the hairs on my outside knuckles compared to my inside ones. Significantly so, in fact, let me take a snap. Here you go...

https://i.imgur.com/S3Tej.jpg

I wonder if this is influenced by the fact that the outside of my hands spend most the day downwards (thumbs up in the air, sort of) on my desk as I work... and when I sleep at night, when I lie on my back?

Can gravity or some form of blood pooling be having an effect here on blood flow / capillary growth here?? And, if so, what implications for scalp blood flow?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 pm

gbp2000 wrote:That's fantastic. Thankyou so much for the feedback and tip.

As I said - this is 'cause agnostic'. It's about solutions.

I don't care if people are using Rife, Minoxidil (eewwww), IH6, Latisse etc - I think we all need to regenerate the network feeding our hair as well.

I've seen enough proof and testimonials from the past 30 or so years to know it works.

The 'tingle' is a big part of that.

If topical salt can aid with a mechanical method, then that is fantastic.

Could you give any more details?

Nothing specialized for me. After washing hair, dissolve v small quantity of natural salt (sea or mountain, no additives) in 10 ml of water. Rub on scalp, preferably before it has completely dried after the shower. This should restore the salt balance after washing with soap/ shampoo etc. Apply a bit of oil or topical to restore lost oil to scalp. I just try to bring back hair and scalp to their pre wash state.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next