Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin

+2
CF
goten574
6 posters

Go down

Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin Empty Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin

Post  goten574 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 am

I am 26 years old this month, I have a bit of money stored away but I am unemployed (job seeking). I am looking to slow down the visible signs of aging when I reach 26. I guess my main focus is facial skin. I've been on Rejuveplex for 3 weeks now which I apply to my face and scalp (I am going bald). My first question:

1) Is Rejuveplex alone on the face enough to slow down visible signs of aging?

From reading forums and healthyfixx, there are a few things I have been looking at:

Astaxanthin 4mg daily
Gelatin (not sure of thedosage)
Hyaluronic Acid 200mg daily
Biosil 10mg daily

My next question:

2) Obviously if I consume the above everyday, my goal of youthful skin will be more acheiveable but I haven't got the luxury of having loads of money. Getting a years supply of this stuff is going to cost me an arm and a leg! What are the main things here? I have a feeling someone will say Biosil but this seems the most expensive! Which things can I do without?

3) I live in the UK, so I need to have my iHerb order shipped to the UK with a low value so I will not be charged custom fees. Can anyone help me with that? Or would I have to use one of those drop box companies?

Thanks for your help
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin Empty Re: Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin

Post  CF Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 am

I don't know if RejuvePlex is enough to slow down the signs of aging but I also use a topical I make myself using sea kelp bioferment as the base, containing green tea extract and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, both of which to help with skin and hair. All of the ingredients come from Bulk Actives so it's pretty easy on the pocketbook.

Regarding the Biosil, I use the liquid as opposed to the pills b/c its cheaper.

I'm from Canada, so I can't help you with re-mailing a package for you.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Everything looks great. Smile You can save lots of money with Bamboo Extract over Biosil. DIY liposomes also increases bioavailability, stretches your money 10-fold... or just consume black pepper or use bioperine. I would also add some vitamin C, CoQ10, and a beta-alanine/histidine combo [cheaper and more effective than carnosine.]

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:50 pm

4039 wrote:Everything looks great. Smile You can save lots of money with Bamboo Extract over Biosil. DIY liposomes also increases bioavailability, stretches your money 10-fold... or just consume black pepper or use bioperine. I would also add some vitamin C, CoQ10, and a beta-alanine/histidine combo [cheaper and more effective than carnosine.]

Thanks 4039 and the above poster. How much coQ10 would you recommend a day? What dosage of Gelatin? (or is this really not needed?). I will look into black pepper/bioperine and Bamboo instead of Biosil if these are alternatives. I'm looking to drop some from my list though not add more Sad lol
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:50 am

Anyone? I'm looking to reduce my list, and so far it's increased Sad
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Nearly 26 - Taking Care Of My Skin Empty Bone Broth

Post  AS54 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:03 am

Hey,

If you're really trying to reduce that list you have there, I would recommend gelatin-rich bone broth. You can make it yourself cheaply and it contains high amounts of valuable minerals but more importantly for your concerns, it has both gelatin and hyaluronic acid.
Obviously one cup of bone broth will not give you 200 mg of HA or 30 g of gelatin, but consumed several times daily over the course of months it will begin to have an effect. Bone broth has been a tonic for many issues for centuries.

Soup bones are cheap and can be sourced from grass-fed animals if you find the proper local butcher. After that its a matter of submerging the bone in water, adding a couple tablespoons of vinegar, bringing to the boil, lowering heat and simmering for the entire day and overnight if possible. I'd say to remove the marrow and eat this as well. (Anecdote: I had a great grandfather who did this religously, he had robust health into his eighties. In his seventies I would have put my money on him against any 20 year old).

Not only does it benefit the skin, but it is great for repairing the gut. Check out gapsdiet.com for more info here. It will also increase the bioavailability of any other proteins you consume at the same time.

On a side note, I'd opt for ecklonia cava rather than astaxanthin as I believe it has a longer half-life. Additionally, apply a vitamin E (inexpensive) oil to the face in the morning, particularly if you will be outside as this will mitigate sun damage. For a night application, mash carrot and mix with olive oil and organic honey and apply to face.

So really the list could look like: bone broth 3 times daily with each meal, ecklonia cava twice daily, biosil twice daily, vitamin E oil one daily. This would turn out much cheaper than the entire list you had. A vitamin C serum is incredibly cheap to make as well and you can find the directions for that online.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 am

Goten, this looks very reasonable to me - http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/doctors_best_hyaluronic_acid_with_chondroitin_sulphate?category_id=0&search_string=hyaluronic+acid

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:38 am

for me, two great oils: jojoba and emu. Emu is expensive. So i now use Jojoba. I apply about 8 to 10 drops of jojoba at night when i go to sleep. When i wake up, my face is extremely smooth. Very Happy

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks all, lots of good information. Bone broth is too much hassle to make, I will start purchasing some of the recommendations here but I still cannot afford everything at the moment.

Does Ecklonia Cava have astaxanthin in it? Does Krill Oil also have Astaxanthin in it?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down