Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth...

+9
scottyc33
Silverlin
JosephineMarie
goten574
Decro435
TheFunkyStumpfighter
pancacke
Hoppipolla
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... Empty O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth...

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Heya guys Smile I just had a few queries about taking care of teeth and gums and was wondering if anyone knew the answers!

First of all, am I right in saying regular swishing with xylitol is sufficient to keep mouth pH alkaline/neutral?

Second, does anyone know what can actually remove the bacteria from the teeth? Is there anything else I can swish to kill them?

I would assume that in time saliva will correct pH and remove bacteria and sugar, but it will just take longer?

Third, does this look good for fixing receding gums?

http://www.doctoryourself.com/gums.html

Thanks all!

Hoppi Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... Empty Re: O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth...

Post  4039 Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 pm

The obvious treatment is not only brushing your teeth/gums, but flossing every day, also extremely important: brushing your tongue and upper palate. Don't give those germs any place to live. I kill bacteria and germs with collodial silver. I loosen plaque with either a mild carbamide peroxide, cetylpyridinium chloride, or sodium bicarbonate rinse for several minutes before brushing. I haven't been to a dentist in over a decade, and don't plan on ever going again. Smile

Back to top Go down

O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth... Empty Re: O/T - A few questions about taking care of teeth...

Post  pancacke Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:19 am

If you can keep down the formation of plaque by flossing between and after meals, plus a diet low in sugar and processed food you don't need to brush at all.
Flossing with baking soda makes sure your mouth is alkaline. GSE rinse takes care of bacteria and flossing with salt maintains healthy gums.
Never had problems with my teeth even though I didn't take good care of them....this year will be my last visit at the dentist too.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Yeah my teeth and especially gums are looking a bit more ropey of late so I wanted to act fast!

Would something like this mouthwash combo and approach be ok? I did some research and jotted it down:

" Mouthwash (3 times a day):

- Water
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Xylitol
- Tea tree oil
- Sea salt

- Optionally spearmint, aloe vera, or lots of other additions for taste or effectiveness.

This will largely kill bacteria and lift mouth pH. Teeth and gums will probably gradually heal and recover.

Practice LIGHT brushing and careful flossing, both using your mouthwash.

Later, try online treatment for gums. "

I hope that's all ok! I think my gums have very mild gingivitis so I wanted to really nuke that bacteria and clean things up! Does this look good enough? ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm

And hm, the reason I went for hydrogen peroxide and tea tree oil to kill the bugs and sea salt and xylitol for the pH is they've all seemed v highly recommended before. Do you think GSE or colloidal silver are as good or better?

Thanks Smile

Hoppi!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:56 am

Way too complicated....
Get a soft toothbrush and organic toothpaste-brush two times a day.
Floss with water after meals and if you have it handy add baking soda. Hydrogen peroxide once or twice daily will take care of bacteria and will whiten the teeth.

If you keep your teeth clean your gums will be healthy. Don't brush too hard and try to brush from gums to teeth if you can...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 am

Grapefruit seed extract is extremely acidic, you'd be asking for disaster swishing with it.

Oil pulling with coconut oil, followed by lightly brushing (gum to tips of teeth, as mentioned), followed by waterpik with any number of things in it, this is what works for me. Right now I use a home made version of Dr. Shultze's tooth and gum formula (a fraction of the price and mine is about twice as strong), Soveriegn silver, and home made habanero tincture.

I found a super cheap source of deer antler velvet, so I'm planning on making a rather strong tincture with that and seeing if all the growth factors can grow back some lost periodontal tissue. All things to think about. If I were to say one thing though, it's that a waterpik is invaluable here. Buy one if you can.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:29 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:Grapefruit seed extract is extremely acidic, you'd be asking for disaster swishing with it.

Ups, you're right. Never used GSE as a mouthwash but I read a review on iherb that sugested it, sorry about that.-hydrogen peroxide will take care of bacteria etc.

Funky, do you need to use a toothbrush even when using a waterpik regulary? I thought about replacing my toothbrush with one but swishing with water already does the job for me.
Whitening can be done with oil pulling and hydrogen peroxide, the next thing I want to try is mannitol as newport(rife forum) recently suggested it to be very effective...

Best tip is to keep it simple or you end up doing it inconsistently!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:53 am

I still do, yes.. I seem to form plaque very easily, despite having cut out sugars and processed foods from my diet. It's probably a matter of beneficial flora, which is why I'm hoping to pick up some probiotics.

I can say that my brushing no longer has to be vigorous though, just a light brushing followed by waterpiking is about all I need. I'd attribute this to both the oil pulling and water flossing. A waterpik is just about the best thing I have purchased for my oral care, being able to get a number of things down into my gingiva has undoubtedly saved many of my teeth. I still have extensive bone loss, but I'm hoping that shooting cayenne down into my gums will help some bone to regrow. It honestly is a bigger issue to me than my hair loss by miles.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 am

After using Baking Soda on my head I decided to use it on my teeth as well. It's makes a huge difference in the color of the teeth but I'm not exactly sure if it's good for the teeth on a daily basis. I've heard it's abrasive but I've also heard that it's not. Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?.

Hoppi, try brushing with baking soda sometime.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 am

It's abrasive as hell, why do you think it can be used as a skinpeel? I used it for some time as it cleans the teeth really well but peeling of my teeth isn't worth all the whiteness Smile

Hope you get this handled funky! Don't forget to add dental tape to the mix...
You probably already read it but http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/3110745-cave-women-never-brushed-their-teeth- maybe your problem is endocrinological which can be fixed with internals-all in the above article from CS

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:22 am

I grabbed this stuff:

goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/832912_AloeDent_Mouthwash_250ml.html

which seems really good but it does have GSE - I wonder what it's pH is... (I'll try to find out on their site)

Fingers crossed the pH is high, in which case I think I'll just stick with it! It tastes mega strong O.O

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 am

Oops sorry about that bad link - I'm on my phone: http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/832912_AloeDent_Mouthwash_250ml.html Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 am

where can I purchase hydrogen peroxide in the UK and is it cheap?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 am

Hopi--my best advice:

Get yourself a sonicare toothbrush and not only brush your teeth but hold and then slowly move it at the gum line of your teeth to get the bacteria swept out from under the gumline.

Use a gentle but effective toothpaste--you are not doing yourself any favories by going too alkaline with salty preparations--you can burn with acid and alkaline (salt burn). My personal favorite is Jason's Nutrasmile orange gel--contains vitamin c and co-enzyme Q-10 which helps strenghten gums. Skip the mouthwash unless it is gentle and natural and doesn't contain any alchols.

Of course floss daily but even more importantly toothpick daily. Take a toothpick and slide it in between teeth at the gum line and press against the gum. This will extract the backteria that is in pocket in the gum line and bring circulation to the gums. It will tighten those gums right up. You have to be diligent about doing it once a day. It will pay off. My favorite toothpicks are:

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Thursday-Plantation-The-Original-Tea-Tree-Australian-Chewing-Sticks-Dual-Pack-2-100-Count-Dispensers/7588?at=0

If you smoke, try to do everything in your power to quit. Our gums needs a good blood supply to be healthy. When I smoked my gums looked really irritated and redish and now they are a healthy pink.

JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 am

Pardon my typos. I don't feel like proofreading today apparently Smile
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks for the advice JosephineMarie! The mouthwash I've chosen is natural and stuff, I've also started using it in place of toothpaste so as to escape glycerin lol

I'll pay more attention to my gumline when I brush yeah.. I didn't think of bacteria being under there! I think a good mouthwash can still get them though can't it? I mean apparently a hydrogen peroxide mw can single-handedly stop gingivitis!

I'll have a think about the other stuff too, as I'm still experimenting and seeing what helps best!

Thanks again for the great pointers Smile

and goten... I think strong or pure hp is hard to get, I didn't succeed in finding any but I didn't look too much either! Let me know if you find any! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:33 pm

If you want to minimize brushing then take half a tsp of some activated charcole in water and wash your mouth out with it, but don't spit, swallow! leave the black power over your teeth for the night without rinsing. Then in the morning rinse your mouth out with a top quality salt and you shouldn't have ANY plague or anything on your teeth, all done without brushing!

You'll find your teeth getting much whiter and healthier.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Silverlin wrote:If you want to minimize brushing then take half a tsp of some activated charcole in water and wash your mouth out with it, but don't spit, swallow! leave the black power over your teeth for the night without rinsing. Then in the morning rinse your mouth out with a top quality salt and you shouldn't have ANY plague or anything on your teeth, all done without brushing!

wow cool! yeah I wondered if there was any way to take the junk off the teeth without brushing or flossing! So do you think this is the best way?

Also, why do you have to swallow it? O.O and, does it taste bad? o.O

strange! lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Oh, a further question, why is saltwater preferable in the morning?

I've been doing some learning about activated charcoal online - looks like good stuff particularly for teeth and in cases of poisoning!

Would save me lots of time at night! hehe ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:57 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Thanks for the advice JosephineMarie! I'll pay more attention to my gumline when I brush yeah.. I didn't think of bacteria being under there! I think a good mouthwash can still get them though can't it? I mean apparently a hydrogen peroxide mw can single-handedly stop gingivitis!

I don't know Hoppi--I had a tooth with a receding gumline that didn't improve with until I set my sonicare on it but you may be able to get somewhere if you use a soft hand-held and very gently clean at the gumline with it. BTW--they are making cheap sonicares now that take AA bateries that you can get for $20. My opinion is that is money well-spent. Smile
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:28 am

JosephineMarie wrote:
Hoppipolla wrote:Thanks for the advice JosephineMarie! I'll pay more attention to my gumline when I brush yeah.. I didn't think of bacteria being under there! I think a good mouthwash can still get them though can't it? I mean apparently a hydrogen peroxide mw can single-handedly stop gingivitis!

I don't know Hoppi--I had a tooth with a receding gumline that didn't improve with until I set my sonicare on it but you may be able to get somewhere if you use a soft hand-held and very gently clean at the gumline with it. BTW--they are making cheap sonicares now that take AA bateries that you can get for $20. My opinion is that is money well-spent. Smile

wow you mean a receding gum can heal all by itself? O.O

I was getting prepared to use Calcium Ascorbate and comfrey root tea lol

Maybe it's not set in stone that I will need them O.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:42 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:Grapefruit seed extract is extremely acidic, you'd be asking for disaster swishing with it.

Oil pulling with coconut oil, followed by lightly brushing (gum to tips of teeth, as mentioned), followed by waterpik with any number of things in it, this is what works for me. Right now I use a home made version of Dr. Shultze's tooth and gum formula (a fraction of the price and mine is about twice as strong), Soveriegn silver, and home made habanero tincture.

I found a super cheap source of deer antler velvet, so I'm planning on making a rather strong tincture with that and seeing if all the growth factors can grow back some lost periodontal tissue. All things to think about. If I were to say one thing though, it's that a waterpik is invaluable here. Buy one if you can.

I have been oil pulling with sesame and sunflower oil lately and I do believe it is doing something. At the very least, my teeth appear whiter.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 pm

I have a receding gum on one tooth I am using a soldey toothbrush, but I have been smoking on and off, but I quit for the new years and was wondering about any tips for gum and teeth health I wanna grow this gum line back on this tooth any suggestions?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Silverlin wrote:If you want to minimize brushing then take half a tsp of some activated charcole in water and wash your mouth out with it, but don't spit, swallow! leave the black power over your teeth for the night without rinsing. Then in the morning rinse your mouth out with a top quality salt and you shouldn't have ANY plague or anything on your teeth, all done without brushing!

Very thoughtful, thank you.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next