Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut)

4 posters

Go down

DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) Empty DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut)

Post  teyfar Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I've researched that making sourdough from water kefir as a way of making healthier bread. The bacteria in the sourdough dissolves starches and phytates, results in lower insulin response, breaks down gluten, and creates higher nutrient availability. Right now I am looking at kefirlady.com as a source for water kefir and glutenfreesourdough.blogspot.com for some bread recipes.

Anyone have experience with this? When it comes to flour, what flours (brands if you know them) would you guys avoid or recommend. I am thinking about lectins content and such?

Is there a risk of worsening candida from drinking drinks made from water kefir? I've seen candida as a possible yeast present in the kefir, wondering if any of you kefir guys know of such a possibility.

Finally, CS on healthyfixx you recommend palm/coconut oil in the diet section. Can you recommend any brands of each for cooking/baking/frying/raw? There seems to be so many ways to process palm and coconut oil, maybe you can just recommend things (key phrases) to look for or avoid when hunting down these kinds of oils.

Thanks for any input you guys have. Cheers everyone.

teyfar

Back to top Go down

DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) Empty Re: DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut)

Post  Misirlou Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Great initiative, I think you're on to something!

As for coconut products, I find Artisana and Nutiva top of the line.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut) Empty Re: DIET: sourdough and oil healthyfixx (palm, coconut)

Post  tooyoung Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:47 pm

I bought nutiva coconut oil before and soon got sick of the taste, not sure if they do a refined version but I bought a refined one from an asian supermarket near me that was very cheap.

http://180degreehealth.com/2010/11/refined-coconut-oil

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:50 pm

tooyoung, my label says: Nutiva Coconut Oil, Cold-Pressed & Pure White: Not refined, deodorized, or bleached!

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:06 am

Misirlou - Pretty sure thats the one I had before, couldn't stand the taste after a short while.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  teyfar Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 am

Thanks guys, I've run into the same problem. Everything I eat taste like coconut!

What kind of refinement is safest?

teyfar

Back to top Go down

Post  AboDi Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:27 am

I used jarrows (not the virgin) and it was almost tasteless,

I have a question: what do you think of palm olein ??

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down