Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??

5 posters

Go down

MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  Empty MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??

Post  Southbeach Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:39 pm

From what I can gather they have a tremendous amount of health benefits, despite being a "saturated fats"
I'd like to get your take on them.

Thanx

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??  Empty Re: MisterE-RED PALM /COCONUT OIL??

Post  zerx Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:01 pm

He will tell you that any fat is BAAAAD.

Don't listen to him. Fat is called bad by the same establishments that bring you everything unhealthy and vilify everything good for you.
Coconut oil is undoubtedly one of the top oils if not the best for your health.

Fats and proteins before any carbs.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 pm

hi southbeach

All oils are bad in my opinion. The fat found in any cooking-oils like coconut, palm, olive, canola, grapeseed, soybean, dairy-products and meats are already in the form of triglycerides, which the body automatically stores as body-fat, no questions asked.

The body-fat over time begins to accumulate within the muscle tissues, coating the muscle fibers and blocking insulin from entering the muscles where it is supposed to go, causing a resistance to insulin.

Also another nasty fact on fat is that body-fat contains aromatase-enzymes that convert free-testosterone into estrogen. Numerous studies are clear that a high-fat diet increases estrogen levels.

It is important to understand that the only fat humans need to consume is the omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids... hey, they are called essential for a reason! Saturated-fat and mono-unsaturated-fat is not needed by the body, because the body makes as much as it needs on its own, the only fat it can’t make is the omga-3 and omega-6 which are found in legumes, fruit, vegetables and flaxseeds.

Fat, not sugar causes diabetes! Sugar only becomes a problem when it turns into body-fat. When sugar is eaten, the sugar instantly burns off much of its calories as heat, if there is any extra, it is stored as glycogen... if the sugar consumption exceeds glycogen capacity, then and only then, is it stored as a body-fat, whereas if you were to eat fat, it would automatically turn into body-fat no questions asked; increasing estrogen and decreasing insulin sensitivity.

All cooking-oils including coconut, olive, or palm are the most concentrated source of calories on the planet, clocking in at 120-calories (from fat) per tablespoon. It offers no nutrients except for a small amount of vitamin-E and is nothing but excess unessential fat which would only make reversing MPB and the “big-three” associated diseases, that much harder.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Oddly enough, Since I started using Coconut Oil , a few years ago, I become significantly more lean and ripped, and have remained that way. My energy has emained more constant throughout the day. I think it has also helped my prostate function, as my nocturnal trips to the bathroom have also diminished.
I am largely raw vegan , avoiding most grains, concentrating on high amounts of nuts and seeds for protein sources. I currently use 4 tablespoons a day of Nutiva's Extra Virgin. I have yet to see any downside to its usage.
Doesn't it purportedly stimulate thyroid finction?

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:08 am

What do you put coconut-oil on? Perhaps your leanness is from the raw-vegan-diet instead of the oil.

Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Dean Ornish have shown that you cannot reverse atherosclerosis unless you get fats extremely low (7-8%) in the diet. Including nuts, seeds, avocadoes, olives, and all cooking oils; all things I loved and had a hard time parting with.

Here is the nutrition facts for one tablespoon. It has 116 calories, 12 grams of saturated-fat, no minerals, no fiber, only trace amounts of vitamin-E and is shown to be inflammatory.

The fat you eat is the fat you wear, if you eat processed-foods, you will be storing trans-fats in your body, if you eat dairy or meat, you will be storing animal-fat, if you eat coconut-oil or olive-oil, you will be storing its fat as body-fat, even fish-oil is shown to gets stored as body-fat.

Body-fat is nothing more than a concentrated source of calories for later when you have no food. Your body wants to store fats instantly and burn carbs for it's primary fuel source. Body-fat comes as an emergency fuel source; once your body is completely out of calories and glycogen, only then can body-fat be used as fuel, which would increase insulin sensitivity and lower bad-estrogens and help bind up free-testosterone and free-IGF-1
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 am

You often mention essylstein. That's just one doctor.

I've had a doctor prescribe me antibiotics for a middle ear infection once. He was wrong! He screwed up. People are prone to doing this in life. Wouldn't you much rather go for the side that has more than 2 or 3 so called experts believing in such a thing?

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:40 am

I orally consume 4 tablespoons of Coconut oil a day and have lost a significant amount of weight in the process. Here's a study showing a rduction in abdominal adiposity in response to Coconut Oil consumption:

Lipids. 2009 Jul;44(7):593-601. Epub 2009 May 13.
Effects of dietary coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of women presenting abdominal obesity.

Assunção ML, Ferreira HS, dos Santos AF, Cabral CR Jr, Florêncio TM.

Faculdade de Nutrição, Universidade Federal de Alagoas, Maceió, AL 57072-970, Brazil.
Abstract

The effects of dietary supplementation with coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of women presenting waist circumferences (WC) >88 cm (abdominal obesity) were investigated. The randomised, double-blind, clinical trial involved 40 women aged 20-40 years. Groups received daily dietary supplements comprising 30 mL of either soy bean oil (group S; n = 20) or coconut oil (group C; n = 20) over a 12-week period, during which all subjects were instructed to follow a balanced hypocaloric diet and to walk for 50 min per day. Data were collected 1 week before (T1) and 1 week after (T2) dietary intervention. Energy intake and amount of carbohydrate ingested by both groups diminished over the trial, whereas the consumption of protein and fibre increased and lipid ingestion remained unchanged. At T1 there were no differences in biochemical or anthropometric characteristics between the groups, whereas at T2 group C presented a higher level of HDL (48.7 +/- 2.4 vs. 45.00 +/- 5.6; P = 0.01) and a lower LDL:HDL ratio (2.41 +/- 0.8 vs. 3.1 +/- 0.8; P = 0.04). Reductions in BMI were observed in both groups at T2 (P < 0.05), but only group C exhibited a reduction in WC (P = 0.005). Group S presented an increase (P < 0.05) in total cholesterol, LDL and LDL:HDL ratio, whilst HDL diminished (P = 0.03). Such alterations were not observed in group C. It appears that dietetic supplementation with coconut oil does not cause dyslipidemia and seems to promote a reduction in abdominal obesity.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 am

Interesting study. However they only consumed 30ml of oil about the equivalent of 1.5 tablespoons and were on a low calorie diet with exercise.

Dr. Robert Vogel in a study called: The postprandial effect of components of the mediterranean diet on endothelial function, found that monounsaturated-fat from olive-oil reduced blood flow by 31% and impaired endothelial function, then he tested omega-3 essential-fatty-acids and found it to be neutral. So the study clearly shows that if mono-unsaturated-fat from olive-oil can slow blood-flow, surely saturated-fat found in coconut-oil can too.

You can lose weight and still eat oils, but does that mean it is healthy? Does that mean it is not affecting your cardiovascular-system negatively?

Don't be fooled, fats and oils will increase your HDL levels, but it also elevates your total level of cholesterol including LDL cholesterol. Erectile dysfunction is more often seen in men with elevated cholesterol levels [1] [2] [3].

[1] Laboratory evaluations of erectile dysfunction: an evidence based approach.
[2] Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in erectile dysfunction.
[3] Erectile dysfunction and coronary risk factors: prospective results from the Massachusetts male aging study.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:10 am

A recent study looked at the effects of even just one high-fat meal on HDL, inflammation, and blood flow. Subjects were fed a meal high in coconut-oil and the effects were evaluated at 3 and 6 hours after the meal. The meal containing coconut-oil impaired the anti-inflammatory action of HDL at both 3 and 6 hours. In addition, blood-flow was significantly reduced 3 hours after the meal containing coconut-oil and remained slightly reduced at 6 hours [1].

[1] Consumption of Saturated Fat Impairs the Anti-Inflammatory Properties of High-Density Lipoproteins and Endothelial Function.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:51 am

misterE - Just some food for thought:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/12/new-study-shows-larginine-improves-blood-pressure-and-cardiovascular-risk-factors.aspx

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 am

misterE wrote:
A recent study looked at the effects of even just one high-fat meal on HDL, inflammation, and blood flow. Subjects were fed a meal high in coconut-oil and the effects were evaluated at 3 and 6 hours after the meal. The meal containing coconut-oil impaired the anti-inflammatory action of HDL at both 3 and 6 hours. In addition, blood-flow was significantly reduced 3 hours after the meal containing coconut-oil and remained slightly reduced at 6 hours [1].

[1] Consumption of Saturated Fat Impairs the Anti-Inflammatory Properties of High-Density Lipoproteins and Endothelial Function.

Apart from hunching over your computer crawling the internet for studies, have you tried coconut oil to see how it makes you feel? You seem too pre-occupied with studies. Most studies are wrong; you seem unable to decipher anything beyond what is being concluded in the studies.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down