Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyYesterday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help

+2
CausticSymmetry
DepthInValor
6 posters

Go down

Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help Empty Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help

Post  DepthInValor Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I've fell into a hole lately (personal, unemployed, school, lost my girlfriend that I loved very much almost 2 years ago) and I'm trying to break out of this vicious cycle of bad moods, short fuse temper, negative thoughts, and what is killing me the most is saying things I don't even mean or wish I could control!! This is how I lost my girlfriend who I actually loved very much but at the time didn't know of the adhd. Well she's gone and I've beaten myself up over her and now don't even show interest in other women really (even if they are interested in me).

It's like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle and the hairloss is just compounding all of my problems. I havn't been able to sleep like a normal human being in 10 years. Insomnia and a sort of exhale apnea have plagued me. Also, my erections are not normal anymore and I'm freaking out about this because if anything I'd have too much activity going on down there in prior years. I'm only 27 so do things really change that quickly? I think not. SOmething is going on here.

I don't want to live like this anymore. I used to be happy maybe 10 years ago but now it seems like I will never get it back. My procrastination is out of control. My anxiety is at an all time high. I refuse to take the amphetamine based drugs. I don't know what to do. Somedays I just cry and cry. I have so much chatter in my brain.

I need help.

DepthInValor

Back to top Go down

Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help Empty Re: Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Will have to write an article on this at some point.

I'll just mention some basics.

(1) Take an Omega-3 fatty acid supplement.

(2) ADHD and/or ADD is usually a result of a thyroid problem.

(3) There is a likely relationship with MTHFR polymorphisms and ADHD.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help Empty Re: Any ADHD/Depressed people out there on this forum? Need Help

Post  Nanas Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:29 am

B-vitamins and good magnesium supplement for beginning.

Nanas

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:11 am

DepthInValor wrote:I've fell into a hole lately (personal, unemployed, school, lost my girlfriend that I loved very much almost 2 years ago) and I'm trying to break out of this vicious cycle of bad moods, short fuse temper, negative thoughts, and what is killing me the most is saying things I don't even mean or wish I could control!! This is how I lost my girlfriend who I actually loved very much but at the time didn't know of the adhd. Well she's gone and I've beaten myself up over her and now don't even show interest in other women really (even if they are interested in me).

It's like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle and the hairloss is just compounding all of my problems. I havn't been able to sleep like a normal human being in 10 years. Insomnia and a sort of exhale apnea have plagued me. Also, my erections are not normal anymore and I'm freaking out about this because if anything I'd have too much activity going on down there in prior years. I'm only 27 so do things really change that quickly? I think not. SOmething is going on here.

I don't want to live like this anymore. I used to be happy maybe 10 years ago but now it seems like I will never get it back. My procrastination is out of control. My anxiety is at an all time high. I refuse to take the amphetamine based drugs. I don't know what to do. Somedays I just cry and cry. I have so much chatter in my brain.

I need help.

I found many similarities between your story and mine. First thing that came to mind is the thyroid. Years ago I went through a break up and it triggered a panic attack for the first time in my life. After that Things have not been too great, but I'm still in the fight. I don't blame you for not wanting to take the meds.

Be kind to yourself dude. You know who you are deep down, and that is what matters. You can get your joy back, but it will take time. The thyroid is a good place to start. Take the basal temperature test, and also consider a thyroid panel.

bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

If you cry, your depression is not so bad. So i'd suggest behavioral aproach...

If you know to play some musical instrument - now is the time. If you are sportsman it's time to ''shoot your free throws''- tennis is the best sport for it, imo. Challenging computer games are maybe not so bad idea, also - but beware. Everything what needs attention with repetition-ed action is good. I am ADHD myself and this things really set some calm and order in my head. Try to find things you want to do and do it untill you achieve ''in the zone'' effect. Dont masturbate to often cause it's bad learning pattern for your dopamine. Avoid weed, cause to much serotonin is not gonna be good for you. Dont drink too much alcohol, cause it's bad for your thyroid. Social interactions are mostly a good thing to do to get feedback from people. Choose to be with people you truly like. Explore your creativity. Do something on longer period of time, to get a feeling on the linearity of the time. ADHD has it's benefits - start to realise it. Aknowledge all the stuff you do because of your ADHD if you want to change it. (impulsiveness,etc.)

Chemical approach is one thing, but i found greater benefits with the therapy described above. Nevertheless i suggest to start with the chemicals, it's easier people have suggested you. Avoid ritalin and other amphetamines. You will think like a plant without them. Know a guy who thought it was good for him. He smokes and says nicotine is not his biggest dependency.

You are still the the most important person to yourself. If you dont think so, think again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:27 am

I've been there before. And i can tell you that the most important thing that turned me around is asking myself what is really bothering me, and fix it. And find something that inspires you to do. Anything. Perhaps something that makes a difference in the world. Oh get your thyroid in control.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down