Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT: Scarring EmptyToday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
OT: Scarring EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
OT: Scarring EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
OT: Scarring EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
OT: Scarring EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
OT: Scarring EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
OT: Scarring EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT: Scarring EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
OT: Scarring EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT: Scarring

4 posters

Go down

OT: Scarring Empty OT: Scarring

Post  NewReg Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm going in for my second knee surgery tomorrow (had ACL reconstruction a year ago) because there's some crunching and grinding and things rubbing together that shouldn't be. Nothing abnormal is showing up on the X-Ray or MRI, and it's assumed to be the overdevelopment of scar tissue. I tend to have tough, thick scars. I'm prone to keloids on my skin.

They're going to perform an 'exploratory surgery' to assess the situation, shave off any unnecessary scar tissue and, if warranted, perform a notchplasty.

Unfortunately, with notchplasties, there are cases of chronic scarring where they go in and cut out the scar tissue and the cartilage and scar tissue grow back thicker. I'd like to avoid a third surgery and get my knee functioning correctly again, so I want to do everything I can to prevent over-scarring. Are there any supplements I can take that will reduce my scarring? (This is for the inside of my knee, so I don't believe topicals will help.)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by NewReg on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added notchplasty)

NewReg

Back to top Go down

OT: Scarring Empty Re: OT: Scarring

Post  Yanks Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 am

Iodine as a first measure. If saturated, scarring becomes less likely. Also colostrum in higher than normal amounts. I healed a 1/2 inch gash on the bottom of my foot with NO SCAR WHATSOEVER (I'm prone to scarring too). I had been taking some colostrum and some IOSOL KI at the time, but bumped up the colstrum a lot and applied IOSOL and clear iodide topically daily. Basically with colostrum you're healing the wounds fast before scar tissue gets a chance to form. At least this is the way I understand the whole Iodine, colostrum, scarring thing. Hope it helps! Good luck in surgery!
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:49 am

Thanks. Read some great stuff about Colostrum. Am also thinking of Serrapeptase, which had been recommended to me in the past for something else. Curious if I should start taking right away or if I should wait for the healing process to start for a time and then start this stuff.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 am

Went to the local co-op and they recommended:
- Sea Buckthorn
- Cordyceps
- Homeopathic Graphites
- Deer antler velvets

I purchased the above with the exception of deer antler velvets.

So, here's what I'm looking at taking post-opp:
- Sea Buckthorn
- Reishi/Cordyceps
- Homeopathic Graphites
- Colostrum
- Serrapeptase
- Curcumin
- Magnesium
- D3
- Vitamin C
- Probiotic
- IOSOL Iodine
- Whey Protein
- Coconut Oil
- Green Tea

We'll see...

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:16 am

I would start taking it now. Scarring/regeneration will begin immediately.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:05 am

Iodine saturation like yanks pointed out prevents and reverse scarring. I'm currently trying high dose SSKI and regular zapping, but detox and other hindrances slow down the process. Will report back if I have success.....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Photonic Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:20 am

Don't forget the herb Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) excellent for tissue healing and scar prevention including keloids
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21240513

Photonic

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks all. Going to pick-up some Gotu Kola as well. Spoke with my primary after surgery and he'd like me to wait 2 days before starting any supplements.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am

Started my colostrum the day after surgery. However, I just read this article on HealthyFixx.com:

http://healthyfixx.com/54/fixxing-knee-and-joint-pain-osteoarthritis?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=1e427d9e71-Weekly_Fixx_11_22_2011&utm_medium=email

It talks about colostrum helping to generate bone and cartilage. This is what I don't want to do. Bone and cartilage overgrowth was why I had to get surgery. Now I'm confused. Does colostrum reduce scarring and calcification or generate bone and cartilage? Help. Don't want a 3rd surgery...

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:48 am

hmmm... i'm not sure about that. i would THINK that it would influence HEALTHY bone growth and not cause overgrowth, but that's a complete assumption. Maybe leave it out and rely on the others for now if you're worried. If you decide to use it then stick with low dosage.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Went over the list with my primary care physician and he all he recommended was high dose Vitamin E (complete toco). Most of the recommendations -- and supporting studies -- only concern themselves with skin scarring. I'm most worried about excess cartilage and bone overgrowth.

I'll also be taking some Cordyceps, Homeopathic 'Graphites 30c,' and Serrapeptase based on other recommendations, however, he doesn't know enough about their effect on bone to have an opinion.

What about Immortal Hair's Decalcify though? Might that help with warding off scarring and bone repair overgrowth?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down