Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Teeth Whitening & health EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Teeth Whitening & health EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Teeth Whitening & health EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Teeth Whitening & health

+3
goten574
tonyj
FireFist
7 posters

Go down

Teeth Whitening & health Empty Teeth Whitening & health

Post  FireFist Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi guys

My teeth are pretty bloody and yellowish, i guess thats not very attractive or healthy...
What is a good safe product to whiten teeth a bit? Also a recommendation for a good brush/toothpaste?

All i could find are these:
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-XyliWhite-Toothpaste-Gel-Refreshmint-6-4-oz-181-g/885?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/TheraBreath-TheraBrite-Plus-Ultra-Whitening-Oral-Rinse-Alcohol-Free-Refreshing-Natural-Flavor-16-fl-oz-473-ml/38737?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/Jason-Natural-Powersmile-All-Natural-Whitening-Toothpaste-Peppermint-6-oz-170-g/3857?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/Plus-White-5-Minute-Bleach-Whitening-Kit-with-Mouth-Tray/38274?at=0

Any opinions?
Thanks!
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Teeth Whitening & health Empty Re: Teeth Whitening & health

Post  tonyj Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Ramiel Nagel the author of Cure Tooth Decay discusses grains and if your are going to eat them, I believe he shows you a couple of ways to ferment your grains to remove much of the phytic acid. Phytic acid is one of the problems culprits in tooth decay.

Whole Grains Can Cause Tooth Decay

Phytase is the enzyme that neutralizes the phytic acid but humans don't produce enough phytase. This is generally true but does not tell the whole story. Probiotics can support support the creation of the enzyme phytase in the gut. And of course there are people who have the gut bacteria or the microbiome to produce enough phytase to handle the high phytic acid diet.

My dentist told me that the main reason people get cavities (besides not following a basic dental hygiene plan) is because they don't produce enough phytase to prevent damage from the phytic acid. She believed that you could divide her patients between people who can produce enough of the enzyme and those that can't. I fell in the category that doesn't produce enough phytase and it was frustrating because she didn't really have any answers to how to increase your phytase enzyme in the gut microflora. I tried probiotics, the lactobacillis for a couple of years in an attempt to produce more phytase enzymes, but my teeth continued to hurt, and eventually I just removed the foods that were high in phytic acid from my diet and that solved the problem.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Sorry if i wasnt clear, my teeth are in good shape internally, just not visibly...
I just want to make them whiter, and keep their health up with a good toothpaste/tooth brush
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:42 am

Baking Soda on the teeth (not the gums)?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:08 am

I always have to chime in when we talk about teeth because I am obsessive about mine!

I use Jason's Powersmile--it's a great toothpaste. I also really like and use Jason's nutrismile--actually I prefer it to the powersmile--it has whiteners in it too, but I think the Powersmile has more whitening effect.

The best toothbrush in my opion is the Sonicare. If I had to choose only one toothbrush, that would be it. You can get a sonicare for about $30 at Walgreens--it runs on two AA batteries and works just as well as the plug-in version which costs a whole lot more. I use the sonicare daily as well as the oral b spinbrush (also inexpensive). I like to use the sonicare on the gum line because it really keeps your gums healthy, and the spin brush is great for getting the more stuck on film off of our teeth/polishing.

When it comes to whitening the biggest favor you could probably do for your teeth is not drink tea and coffee, and definitely not smoke. If you are really serious about keeping your teeth lighter and you drink cofee, tea, colored sodas, use a straw so you will bypass the fronts of your teeth.

Dr. Oz recommends rubbing cut-up strawberries on your teeth (you can google it) to whiten your teeth. I don't know how well that works--I did it one time and didn't notice anything but one time with anything is probably not going to be enough. The thing that worked best for me was having that brite smile procedure done on my teeth but it was expensive and it doesn't last if you still drink coffee, which I do (and I am too lazy to do the straw thing). I think doing some rinses with hydrogen peroxide can help with whitening.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 am

A couple more things - I read it takes about 6 weeks using an electric toothbrush (such as the oral b I mentioned) to get surface stains off teeth. Another thing that helps with getting stains off teeth and maybe even faster is the sulcus brush. The sucra brush is especially excellent for getting plaque off from behind the molars and any film on the teeth. After you use it you will feel like you just came back from having your teeth cleaned at the dentist. It get's difficult stains off of your teeth and anything else that may be sticking to your enamel.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:04 am

What about Salt Water Rinse, we it precent future gum problems or will it also help in receding gums? I got one receding gum I want to know what supplements, foods, and method I should be using?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenUp2URminD Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

Research oil pulling.
OpenUp2URminD
OpenUp2URminD

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 am

About 5 years ago I used some kind of whitening gel given to me by my dentist (don't remember the name, unfortunately). I had to wear some kind of rubber prothesis with that gel in them every night for a couple of weeks, if I remember correctly. It was worth it, in the end I could see a big difference. Even now the teeth look good, not as they looked after the treatment, but still...

Another side-effect was the fact that I started loving my teeth and I am taking much more care of them ever since (unfortunately I didn't when I was a child/teenager and I have problems from that period)

You should go to your dentist and see what kind of professional whitening treatment he/she could offer.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Which oil would be better to use when oil pulling? Unrefined virgin coconut oil or seasame seed oil? I have the coconut oil right now for my hair.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down