Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
good starting point for treating Hairloss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

good starting point for treating Hairloss

3 posters

Go down

good starting point for treating Hairloss Empty good starting point for treating Hairloss

Post  dadon Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 am

hey guys. im a 22 years old dude from germany, who suffers from hairloss (for 1 1/2 years now). i used minoxidil in the past and it helped big time. i had a few cycles of shedding and regrowth, but minox f**cked up my face (wrinkels etc.) i also experienced dandruff and a few other health issues. my mother bought some finasterid for me a few weeks ago and i occasionally take a pill. but to be honest: im scared of the side effects. thats why i wanna quit the drugs and start rebuilding my health. reading danny roddy´s blog influenced my thinking about hair loss a lot. i now believe hair loss can be influenced without taking drugs and i dont believe that genetic predisposition is undefeatable.

i guess i´ve got some type of mineral-deficiency and digestive issues. i think these both are the root of my hairloss. my dad has irritable bowel syndrom and hair loss. both grandfathers had hairloss...almost all men in my family have hairloss (even the boyfriend of my sister stars balding)

so what would be a good starting point for me to beginn a "natural" self-therapy, regarding my "genetic predisposition"?

today i bought magnesiumaspartat-hydrochlorid and zinkorotat. additionally i will consume brazil nuts for selenium and eggshells (dissolved in citrus) for calcium. my diet is pretty solid and i adopted a few ideas from ray peat and will continue to optimize.

id really appreciate some tips for my research etc. thanks a lot.

ps: it would be awesome if you could tell my the most "bioactive" types of each mineral and which has the best cost/benefit ratio!!

dadon

Back to top Go down

good starting point for treating Hairloss Empty Re: good starting point for treating Hairloss

Post  Yanks Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 am

I'd suggest first getting your digestion working properly by sticking to the advice of Ray Peat or someone of the like. MAybe look into the GAPS diet or something. For me it seems I do best with fruit only on an empty stomach and not too much, raw vegetables, carrots in particular (the vinegar/coconut oil/carrot recipe is great btw)... and conservative amounts of grass fed beef, and other quality meats.

This should more than likely give some good initial results... FRom there start adding in the supllements and see how each works.

Regarding minox use and wrinkles... I wonder a lot abou this. Has there ever been a study proving it inhibits collagen production and indeed causes skin thinning and wrinkles? I feel like even if it does, the poor health of an individual using it to treat the symptoms of their unhealthy state(hair loss) may be causing this lack of collagen as well over time. Just a thought... maybe minox isn't the ONLY thing to blame in these cases.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

good starting point for treating Hairloss Empty Re: good starting point for treating Hairloss

Post  pancacke Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 pm

A good starting point is targeting the rootcauses:
Pathogens
Metals
Thyroid

All 3 take their time so best to start now!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down