Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!!

+6
mphatesmpb
magic_gro
nidhogge
scottyc33
steve215
sizzlinghairs
10 posters

Go down

Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! Empty Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!!

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 am

Hey guys. Just wanted to run my supplement list by you. These are things Im taking for other health problems, not hair (except biotin), Im having. Seem to be having a shed and wanted to get ur guys thoughts on what some possible culprits might be. Or maybe its my natural hair cycle.. Thanks in advance! Daily:

r-lipoic-acid: 300 mg

biotin: 2 mg

ginseng:1200 mg

coq 10: 200 mg

Acetyl L Carnitine: 1800 mg

Ginkgo: 240 mg

Magnesium: 400 mg

lions mane: 1800mg

vit d3: 2000 iu/day

b12: 10mg

rhodiola : 500 mg

spirulina: 1g

N-Acetyl-Cystine: 600 mg

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! Empty Re: Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!!

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 pm

immortal, anyone????

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!! Empty Re: Experts! Please evaluate my supp. list! Is there any possible negatives for my hair! Thanks!!

Post  steve215 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 pm

My guess is the b12 and ginseng from experience.

steve215

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 pm

how so? b12 and ginseng are actually bad for hair? any other thoughts on this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 pm

I cant find anywhere to suggest where ginseng has caused hairloss. Ive only read that it helps.. all over google

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:02 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:I cant find anywhere to suggest where ginseng has caused hairloss. Ive only read that it helps.. all over google

Immortal recommends panax ginseng to help with stress and hair growth.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:59 pm

What type of Magnesium are you using?

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 pm

what is lions mane?

maybe some of these supplements is not so pure? or maybe the carnitine can cause a shed just like arginine? i don't really know, but you could try and take just one supplement at a time for 2-3 days, until you identify the "guilty" one...
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:20 pm

CS stated that ashwagandha was more effective for him than was ginseng. I think some people have also reported increased anxiety from ginseng.

Animal studies suggest that quercetin and L-Ornithine reduce the activity of the HPA-axis. Red onions provide almost 2000 mg/kg of quercetin. I have one everyday, and I think I'm experiencing a reduction in anxiety.

Also improving intestinal health should reduce stress/anxiety levels.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:29 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:

CS stated that ashwagandha was more effective for him than was ginseng. I think some people have also reported increased anxiety from ginseng.

Animal studies suggest that quercetin and L-Ornithine reduce the activity of the HPA-axis. Red onions provide almost 2000 mg/kg of quercetin. I have one everyday, and I think I'm experiencing a reduction in anxiety.

I've heard a few times that panax ginseng can increase cortisol.

I use Sensoril, just 125 mg per day, enough according to research.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 am

ok, thanks for the replies guys.

to nidhogge: Im taking 400 mg of magnesium asapartate everyday as I am prone to hearing loss and this was the kind that was studied to protect the ears from sound induced hearing loss. Could this magnesium be an issue for my hair?

As well as b12, what is the verdict on this? Could b12 cause shedding? That initial reply got me confused.

Also, what would the general consensus be on Ginseng? positives outweigh the negatives as far as hair or? Immortal, would love to hear from you!

Thanks guys.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:57 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Could this magnesium be an issue for my hair?
No, probably the best for of magnesium there is for hairloss.....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:13 am

And for getting insane:

http://integratedsupplements.typepad.com/integrated_supplements_bl/2010/05/whats-wrong-with-magnesium-aspartate.html
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:17 am

so 400 mg mag. aspartate is in the danger zone???

I have been taking this magnesium form for around 4-5 months now and have not noticed a drop of difference psychologically...

Any other comments as to the toxicity levels of magnesium asapartate?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 am

Don't worry about magnesium, is excellent for hair and health.

I would opt for Magnesium Glycinate, but that's just me.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  chicflic Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:42 am

Methyl B12 can cause too much methylation which can cause shedding. This was my experience. I traded for a different active form and have no issues now. Dibencoside.

I don't know about the aspertate form of magnesium, but generally speaking magensium is good for hair loss, not a cause of it.

AG

Last edited by chicflic on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
chicflic
chicflic

Back to top Go down

Post  chicflic Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:48 am

Oh, and R-lipoic acid can cause shedding when too high. You can find a few threads on this if you google it. There's one on LEF. People found they started to shed a few weeks post starting it. It was surmised it might be the way lipoic acid uses up biotin, but I know that I take more than enough biotin (11 mg) and anything past 75 mg of RLA increases shedding for me. Might be it's simply too much juice to the mitochondria which accelerates the follicle cycles. Don't know. I'd love to take more than 75 mg, but can't without that nasty side of jacked up shedding.

AG
chicflic
chicflic

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 am

what were the "high doses" of RLA they were speaking of? Do you think r-ala across the board will dothis for all people? Like some would react different than others?

And if it was just the increased mitochondrial production causing the shedding, then density would still be maintained, its just that the cycles would be occuring faster?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 am

Immortal, REALLY looking for your feedback here! Please help! thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:59 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

sizzlinghairs - There are two studies mentioning Panax Ginseng for hair growth. However, it is not as calming as Ashwagandha.

I included a good quote from mphatesmpb, especially regarding the quercetin and L-ornithine.
If you do a search using the "google" not the "inside" selection in the search function on this site and type L-ornithine and also perform a search for quercetin, you will find relevant information that has been accumulating lately in terms of stress.

Do you take any Ecklonia Cava?
Regarding B-vitamins, would opt for natural sources, rather an isolates.
Have you incorporated iodine?
Have your tried a metal detox?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 am

hey immortal, thanks for info. I will look into natural sources of b12..

Was just wondering what ur thoughts on r-lipoic acid being possibly associated with hairloss? I am taking biotin at a seperate time in the day to be safe.

I guess my bottom line questions are, do you think the methyl b12 could actually be causing shedding? Same for na-r-lipoic at 300mg/day?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:29 am

It's nearly impossible for anyone to know for certain if either could be a contributing factor in shedding. I would say it's incredibly doubtful. There are certain people who will not benefit from a methyl B12 (depends largely on mercury in the mouth). In any event, taking some b-vitamins in natural form would help lipoic acid, because it does use these substances for energy production.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  chicflic Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 am

Within this link you can find information about other's who over methylated with methyl B12 and check their symptom clusters. A reaction can mimic too much T3 giving a person a false sense of "hyper" with all the same sides.

http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=62327&page=2

As for the possibility of hair loss from RLA, there are a few of us 'out there'.

http://forum.lef.org/default.aspx?f=35&m=17079

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/19953

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112181521

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=51571

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/140449-hair-loss-alpha.html

You might not be one of them. For me it just might be from it's interference with the thyroid hormone I take. ?? Supposedly this is a 'theory' of what RLA might impact, so who knows. With me the heightened shedding from a too high RLA dose lowers within a few days.

AG
chicflic
chicflic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down