Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts)

+10
ubraj
Paradox
tooyoung
pancacke
abc123
a
Decro435
Espio
LittleFighter
mphatesmpb
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) Empty Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts)

Post  mphatesmpb Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:07 pm

I've been searching all over for one of jdp's posts in which he briefly mentioned something about scalp itching upon immediately waking up in the morning. I'm trying to figure out why I frequently experience itching along the hairline right after waking up...clearly there's something missing in my regimen.

And how come his screenname is now displayed as "oirvblp"?

I seem to experience itching at other times during the day, too. Since there is a correlation between the itching and psychoemotional stress, I believe that stress might be one of the primary factors behind my hairline recession.

I've been having more red onions, hoping that the quercetin might reduce activity of the HPA-axis. I also take curcumin/resveratrol. But the itching is still there.

Another potential cause is that during the last several months, I've been having more carbohydrates in the form of fruits, honey, and rice. I don't have much body mass so I'm thinking that I might be more susceptible to hyperglycemia from consuming carbs, since there is not much muscle/fat tissue to absorb the circulating glucose.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) Empty Re: Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts)

Post  LittleFighter Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:I've been searching all over for one of jdp's posts in which he briefly mentioned something about scalp itching upon immediately waking up in the morning. I'm trying to figure out why I frequently experience itching along the hairline right after waking up...clearly there's something missing in my regimen.

And how come his screenname is now displayed as "oirvblp"?

I seem to experience itching at other times during the day, too. Since there is a correlation between the itching and psychoemotional stress, I believe that stress might be one of the primary factors behind my hairline recession.

I've been having more red onions, hoping that the quercetin might reduce activity of the HPA-axis. I also take curcumin/resveratrol. But the itching is still there.

Another potential cause is that during the last several months, I've been having more carbohydrates in the form of fruits, honey, and rice. I don't have much body mass so I'm thinking that I might be more susceptible to hyperglycemia from consuming carbs, since there is not much muscle/fat tissue to absorb the circulating glucose.

Please try garlinase, 1 per meal and you'll see there's a gut connection.

Also I would really suggest you to try quercetin with bromelain and vitamin C in pill form. Really effective.

Finally, ashwagandha (Sensoril, very cheap) it's a great addition to relax, reduce cortisol, raise DHEA, improve sugar levels, raise T and more.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts) Empty Re: Question for jdp (or anyone who reads his posts)

Post  Espio Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Jdp has said that itchy scalp is indicative of too high uric acid levels, especially if it is a painful itch.

When I eat a lot of fruits, especially cherries I get an almost painful itch where I have to take off my hat and scratch immediately.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 am

Espio, a proof that uric acid being the cause doesn't make any sense is that cherries actually reduce uric acid.

Never seen uric acid connected to scalp itching, in contrast with microflora which influences many things.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:55 am

I doubt if high uric acid is the cause, because I've been eating a head of celery every day. But of course it's possible. After all only celery seed extract has been shown to decrease uric acid.

mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:20 am

LittleFighter wrote:Espio, a proof that uric acid being the cause doesn't make any sense is that cherries actually reduce uric acid.

Never seen uric acid connected to scalp itching, in contrast with microflora which influences many things.

If you are constantly eating cherries yes it can reduce uric acid in the long run, but the effect isn't immediate. The high fructose level from cherries causes me to have scalp itch really bad.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:55 am

Espio wrote:
LittleFighter wrote:Espio, a proof that uric acid being the cause doesn't make any sense is that cherries actually reduce uric acid.

If you are constantly eating cherries yes it can reduce uric acid in the long run, but the effect isn't immediate. The high fructose level from cherries causes me to have scalp itch really bad.

IMHO, it's the effect of further disregulating your gut flora by various factors, including excess sugar.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 am

Well, I can't argue on behalf of JDP, I'm just telling you what I remember him saying, and I don't remember his reasoning for why scalp itch was related to uric acid levels.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 am

I pretty much just associate this with the traditional view on it. DHT/Hormones > Hair Follicle > Sebum/infection > Immune response > Inflammation. My head is always oilier in the morning well basically because it's been so many hours since my last shower.

Only thing that seems to help inflammation for me is using topicals that dissolve sebum. Though these only last for a few hours. Balancing hormones seems like the only way to cure it.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:52 am

Completely agree with LittleFighter, though at the same time I remember reading an old study that mentioned a side finding that in dysbiosis Uric Acid filters back into the body rather than being expelled.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 am

I used to have really bad dandruff and scalp inflammation. When I healed my gut it was 100% gone. Unfortunately I have not noticed anything positive hair growth wise as a result (been 6months now).

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 am

abc123,
What steps did you take to heal your gut?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4309-jdp701-i-own-a-rife-machine-doug-coil-can-i-treat-hair-loss#39951
jdp wrote:D3 http://homeoint.org/books/boericmm/c/calc.htm
Treatment = Newport's Vitamin D script
"Itching of the scalp. Scratches head on waking."

Although he got that wrong. The link and description is for CALCAREA CARBONICA not vit d, positive charged calcium carbonate.....lifetime coral calcium is negativly charged; mercury chelation so the new calcium doesn't get charged and ip6 to remove oxidized calcium....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:56 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:abc123,

mp:

Gaps diet with daily raw carrot, vinegar, bamboo shoots, raw honey and colostrum.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:51 pm

abc123 wrote:
mphatesmpb wrote:abc123,

mp:

Gaps diet with daily raw carrot, vinegar, bamboo shoots, raw honey and colostrum.

Why Vinegar?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:06 am

reduces gut endotoxins.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 am

abc, is balsamic vinegar suitable?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:28 am

mp:

Is it alright if the honey is not raw?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

mp:

Raw Manuka is best.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:35 am

tooyoung wrote:abc, is balsamic vinegar suitable?

Any vinegar is okay.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 am

mphatesmpb wrote:

mp:

What LF said. But non-raw should still be helpful, most of the studies are done on non-raw honey.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Are there any studies showing the benefit of the carrots/vinegar combination? I can't find anything on google except what's mentioned on Ray Peat's site (and unfortunately he doesn't cite this particular claim).
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:06 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:Are there any studies showing the benefit of the carrots/vinegar combination? I can't find anything on google except what's mentioned on Ray Peat's site (and unfortunately he doesn't cite this particular claim).

I remember seeing the study about rats and carrots.

Also, peat tested women's estrogen levels pre and post the carrot treatment and it worked great.

BTW abc, check this out http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthealing/2011/08/25/ray-peat-serotonin-and-endotoxin

Coming on Aug. 25. "Ray Peat: Serotonin and Endotoxin"

Tune into this 2hr show where Dr. Ray Peat SCHOOLS us all on what serotonin is, where it comes from, what facilitates it in the body, how inflammatory it can be.....and what the heck is endotoxin is!
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:41 pm

This is slightly OT but since cherries were mentioned I'll ask:

This girl I know can't get enough cherries. Is there a physiological reason she craves them?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:46 am

Uric acid does NOT cause itch. Causes a painful type of feeling IMO/IME when lightly touching hair or hair blowing in the wind. Elevated uric acid has been found for those with MPB in at least one study.

Vitamin D link that pancake posted is accurate. Originally got from newport. You see, despite popular belief, taking D supplement (D2 or D3) without co-factors actually causes calcification. Even Price warned against taking without Vitamin K many decades ago as it would cause calcification. Course there are other co-factors though and who knows maybe only one needed to prevent or limit calcification. One can see this by being on D supplement and after many years if teeth are thinner then before supplementation. Have seen enough people post their test results of before and after D supplement for osteoporosis, enough info from books such as Silent Saboteurs, etc.. Increased biofilm issues as well by noticing teeth more yellow and faster plaque growth after years of supplementation. The yellow and plaque is biofilm. Fats... any fats will also increase biofilm very rapidly and a treatment for pathogen issues so can also determine extent of biofilm issues based on plaque on teeth after eating fatty foods.

Point being is the link to the homeopathy site gives description for many ailments when positively charged. Link gives symptoms for positively charged calcium issues (calcification). Calcification is positively charged. David Wolfe talks about this. Talks about how pathogens being positively charged as well.

In short, any explanation I try to explain ends up with me posting a very long post. Few read long posts so will try to limit this. Not to mention I don't really post on internet anymore as short on time and would rather spend the time researching for myself. I research chronic/autoimmune conditions for past 18 months. As some know hair loss is autoimmune condition. The Vitamin D receptor is central to the immune system and thus will show D deficiency in these cases but that doesn't mean one should take a supplement but won't go here.

Anyhow, off top of my head two biggest issues with itching are pathogen issues and positively charged issues. Also, mold issues and mold in food (very common) but is lumped into pathogen issues. Many positively charged issues have itching in them in that homeopathy site. Body dumps positively charged minerals such as used up copper, iron, etc. into skin and scalp. Not to say everything to do with positively charged is negative in an ideal world but we are overly positively charged due to lead, mercury, etc.. CS's focuses on the positively charged issues with antioxidants. Also uses ecklonia cava which is a potent natural antibiotic. However, antioxidants are contradicted when killing pathogens as your body uses oxidation to kill pathogens. I personally use more potent ones than ecklonica cava such as Rife but Rife is too complicated and time consuming more most. Klinghardt goes into other potent antibiotics, antifungals, etc. for those that want to research other ones beyond ecklonia cava. Klinghardt, newport and Jeff Sutherland are super geniuses IMO/IME. Current info that's being post on this forum regarding biofilms, and similar is a couple years old and another reason why I don't post is because this forum is being dominated by HLH/HLT type of atmosphere. Anything that's brand new and never been heard of and ouside of ones comprehension is scolded for older more established information. Not to mention have been trying to retire from hair loss forums for a very long time but keep coming back. The newest and best info on biofilms, etc. is here IMO. http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

One can test how big of a problem pathogens are for one if they have a scalp that itches. If one has already used a potent topical to kill pathogens such as topical grapefruit seed extract, 2% lugols, topical borax, etc. then can check CCSVI. The same veins that supply blood to brain also supply blood to scalp. Quote from above link. "The endothelium is the largest organ in the body and is "bug heaven". What happens is through pathogens, biofilms, as well as energy blockages in body causes a narrowing of veins that supply to the brain and thus scalp. Tapping above ears helps with CCSVI IMO very briefly. In other words, tap above the ears. If your scalp feels better a few minutes later there are CCSVI issues IMO. Again note where CCSVI originates from. Brain may function better too from the tapping. Again, this only works briefly and I bet most would have to tap above ears every 30 minutes of every waking day for relief but this helps to show origins.

This isn't to say my way is the only way. Quite contrary as over the years have posted alternatives. However, I try to focus on origins and through my research and experience believe to be origins. I know there are those who believe terrain is everything and the microbe is nothing which is fine. It all depends if one is happy with their results. As have been mentioned before at the top of most ailments are energy blockages... I use eastern medicine here. CS recommends neural therapy. Klinghardt has been lecturing about neural therapy since 90's as well as mentions alternatives. In short, energy blockages are very important. Have mentioned before opening up energy blockages is best results have every experienced but don't believe anyone really has access to the best in the world or those that go for the more physical route so don't talk much about it.

Methylation issues opening doors to retroviruses, autoimmune conditions, cancer, AIDS, etc.. It's said 15% of population has methylation defects. However, when vacinnation occurs those vacinnated will have 50% chance of having methylation defects.

Anyhow, going off subject... below energy blockages are toxins including solvents and metals. Below this are pathogen issues. More energy blockages, the more toxins and metals will determine extent of pathogen issues. Diet as well as which metals will also help determine which pathogens dominate. One way is pathogens hitch a ride on lectins. However, once having pathogen issues and especially the longer one has pathogen issues, due to horizonatal gene transfer of pathogens it will make non pathogenic microbes become pathogenic and the pathogenic ones even more pathogenic. So again, longer one has pathogen issues, the more one has to focus on all three areas of healing and not just one or even two of the three IMO/IME.

I don't post anymore and removed my name so that people understand they can't count on me replying back as I'm swamped with work and have little time. Anything I'm left posting end up being long posts to bring people up to speed. Again, really best to read from super geniuses such as newport, klinghardt and jeff sutherland. Also, any remaining time I have left is spent on my own research in chronic and autoimmune conditions which there is still lots of reading to do.

hope this helps

Last edited by oirvblp on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 am; edited 15 times in total

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next