Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)

+5
angstman
CausticSymmetry
Misirlou
Amaranthaceae
Fibonacci
9 posters

Go down

Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) Empty Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)

Post  Fibonacci Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi
does anybody have any idea how to naturally cure/inhibit ringing in the ears, commonly known as tinnitus? Thanks

Fibonacci

Back to top Go down

Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) Empty Re: Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Yes, it can be caused by shoulder and neck muscle tightness. Get an instructor to show you how to stretch out proberly and see if it helps, especially if you are tight in the neck.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:43 pm

Acupuncture might work. I know there are many products claiming to help but to be honest, I think it's more or less impossible, at least if you have a factual damage in your ear from extreme noises. Most of us experience annoying tones now and then whereas tinnitus is a constant tone/signal/noise/buzz, which you probably know very well.

Stress could cause increased tinnitus so getting a good massage a couple a times per week is probably a good thing.

http://www.thehealthierlife.co.uk/natural-health-articles/ear-hearing/tinnitus-natural-remedies-00768.html
http://stop-tinnitus.blogspot.com/
http://www.squidoo.com/stop-ringing-ear

As always, you have to do the ground work. I would basically try a lot of things at the same time which also were positive for the general health (healthy food, exercise, powerful nutrient regimen, relaxation routine). Tinnitus is probably one of the most horrible "invisible" handicaps one can have. I think we would have solved a lot of diseases by now if we didn't put so much qualified and expensive researching resources into weapons, military and basically WAR.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 am

Fibonacci - Try Melatonin for a few weeks. There is a study that showed taking 3 milligrams of Melatonin had good results.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:19 am

My uncle has this real bad, he was told to cut out as much sodium out of his diet as possible.
That alone did wonders for his problem.
angstman
angstman

http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 am

It could also be emotion-related. I've seen hypnosis therapy used to stop tinnitus.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  nanasniker Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:00 pm

i have the same problem, the guy at the health store claims its poor blood circulation problem, and ginko-biloba will help with this...
i didnt try it, but ive read somewhere that combination of R-lipoic acid and acetyl L carnityne (like in IH regimen) cure tinnitus

nanasniker

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoGenesis Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Generally, supplements that increase blood circulation and therefore circulation to the inner ear, are said to alleviate tinnitus in some people. The most famous example would probably be Gingko Biloba which if you are familiar with it, is used for many other things. The nootropic vinopectine is also used by tinnitus sufferer's in this regard. There are natural products specially formulated for tinnitus such as lipoflavonoid which operates under the same theory of increasing blood circulation to the inner ear. Additionally there are many homeopathic remedies for tinnitus such as "ring stop".
Magnesium and Zinc are also hugely important in ear health and it has been shown that magnesium excretion occurs drastically after noise exposure. There are studies that show that both magnesium and n-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) have been shown to protect against noise induced hearing loss. The book "Natural Relief from Tinnitus" by Paul Yanick is dated but has some good info in it.
There is also a gingko based supplement that is specifically formulated for tinnitus. Just google "Arches tinnitus formula" if interested. I have not tried it myself but the site has a lot of great info about tinnitus and other treatments and supplements used for tinnitus. The website also has an informative monthly tinnitus newsletter which I regularly follow as they are usually very informative.

NeoGenesis

Back to top Go down

Post  JJB9050 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:19 am

I suffer from this as well in my right ear for a few years. Gingko is the most common.

Some stuff I just read about today are

Ligustrum, Eclipta, and Rehmannia. Interestingly, they have been used for hair restoration and skin beauty. Even though I had never read anything about them before some are fairly common in chinese medicine.

JJB9050

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down