Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here?

+4
sizzlinghairs
Delphine
Zaphod
magic_gro
8 posters

Go down

tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? Empty tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here?

Post  magic_gro Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:26 am

I messed up my ears and suffer from constant tinnitus. I am sure I am not alone.

I am thinking of using the following two approaches

(1) prevention of further damage:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01345474

(2) healing of current damage:
http://www.avclub.com/article/scientists-may-have-found-the-cure-for-deafness-ca-103636
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hear-raising-compound-reg/

the cheapest source i've found so far is this:
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/sml0506?lang=en®ion=US
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? Empty Re: tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here?

Post  Zaphod Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 am

magic_gro wrote:I messed up my ears and suffer from constant tinnitus. I am sure I am not alone.

I am thinking of using the following two approaches

(1) prevention of further damage:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01345474

(2) healing of current damage:
http://www.avclub.com/article/scientists-may-have-found-the-cure-for-deafness-ca-103636
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hear-raising-compound-reg/

the cheapest source i've found so far is this:
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/sml0506?lang=en®ion=US

Ears can be messed up by many things. Loud concerts might not be the only damage that can results in tinnitus. To name a few others: teeth grinding, ear infection, poisoning, mechanical accident...

First knowing what's the cause, secondly address it, imo...

I went many times into tinnitus while treating candida electrically, while not using contacts at all. It's very commonly to have candida in ears - if having systemic candida due mouth- jaw - ears connection.

High dose magnesium and vitamin C, and higher dose of krill oil helped with it. For my case, i'd say also glutathione would be useful as well. I am sure i've read magnesium can prevent hearing loss and thus might help if loud noises exposure, was the problem. Something as in the form of L-Threonate. Something as spraying your ears and behind it with magnesium sulfate also comes to mind, but i don't have any experience with it. It might be silly idea, though...

In spite of said, i'd take some more brain detox agents, and try proceeding with it, if you speculate the cause might be poisoning.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here? Empty Re: tinnitus sufferers, can we gather here?

Post  Delphine Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 am

Julian Cowan Hill writes in his book on tinnitus, "From Tyrant to Friend":

"Stop thinking that Tinnitus is coming from the ears. many people tend to get very focused on specific things as THE single cause of their Tinnitus, like jaw problems, a knock on the head, or loud noise exposure. Of coures these can trigger Tinnitus, but they are likely to be the final straw that broke the camel's back, after a whole life-time of previous challenges. Tinnitus comes when our nervous system goes into a state of red-alert. When we are to switched on, too sensitive, too wary. too on the look-out, all our senses become hypersensitive."

He says sugar, alcohol and coffee are out.

Castor oil may help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-nw8QdJYg

And magnesium:
http://lampoflife1.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... esium.html

Tinnitus and Magnesium
Magnesium also protects the nerves in the inner ear and is a powerful glutamate inhibitor. Glutamate is a neurotransmitter, produced by the action of sound waves on the hair cells of the inner ear. The unregulated production of glutamate at sound frequencies for which there is no external stimulation is the cause of tinnitus.

Dr. Michael Seidman, in his excellent article, "Medicines to Treat the Inner Ear" states; "Decreased blood supply causes significant stress to the nerve tissue (of the inner ear) by causing the production of free radicals. (Author's note: The major causes of tinnitus all result in decreased blood supply.) These molecules are extremely damaging and are known to be responsible for over 100 human disorders.

The accumulation of free radicals severely damages the inner ear and other tissues. Through a complex chain of events, this damage can then cause a release and accumulation of glutamate and calpains. These chemicals in high concentration are extremely destructive to the body.

“Studies have shown that excessive glutamate may play a role in the production of tinnitus. Studies also show that glutamate antagonists can have a protective effect on the inner ear and possibly be a treatment for peripheral tinnitus, that which is generated by the inner ear. Three such drugs are currently under investigation at the Henry Ford Health System for tinnitus, including magnesium.

“The protective effect of magnesium in preventing noise-induced hearing loss has been studied since it was found that magnesium in inner ear fluid decreases significantly after intense noise exposure. The results of one placebo controlled study showed that subjects who took oral magnesium supplements displayed a significantly lower incidence of noise-induced hearing loss compared to the control group.

Another clinical trial of magnesium found that "Magnesium... exhibit(s) a statistically significant oto-neuro-protective action (inner ear protection) in noise-induced hearing loss and tinnitus."(2)
2 - Ehrenberger K, Felix D, Receptor pharmacological models for inner ear therapies with emphasis on glutamate receptors: a survey, Acta Otolaryngol 1995 Mar;115(2):236-40

There are several clinical trials that show magnesium has a positive effect on reducing elevated blood pressure levels. High blood pressure, high cholesterol and stress are three of the primary aggravators of tinnitus. One study concludes, "Our meta-analysis detected dose-dependent blood pressure reductions from magnesium supplementation."
3 - Jee SH, Miller ER 3rd, et al, The effect of magnesium supplementation on blood pressure; a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials, Am J Hypertens 2002 Aug;15(Cool:691-6
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 pm

long time tinnitus sufferer (since early teens, 32 now) as well as minor minor hearing loss.

I have taken Magnesium 400 mg/daily and NAC 600-1200mg/daily and ginkgo daily since Early 2012. Its hard to say whether Ive noticed anything. Maybe I have helped prevent further loss though..

I believe my tinnitus/hearing loss was from loud noise exposure and smoking for 11 years (quit in late 2010).

I am really hoping something comes a long that can restore hearing/get rid of tinnitus. The minor hearing loss is actually the biggest annoyance to me as its direct effect can be felt through the reduction of ambient noise. Sometimes the world can just feel so quiet and dead outside. But thank god speech is still clear to me, as well as other forms of focused sound such as music, TV, birds chirping , etc.. As I side, very minor loss.

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:25 pm

FWIW my parents swear by gingko for tinnitus. and they both have it very bad due to nerve damage which i wont go into.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:29 am

Silica in the form of monomethylsilanetriol, magnesium, MSM and anything that increases microcirculation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:23 am

I was waiting for this thread, thought about starting it myself for a few weeks ago. 29 years old as of today, and developed constant tinnitus in my right ear in October. When I had ringing in the ears prior it would go away. I went to a lot of clubs and bars, mostly bars with loud music. Went out for a friends birthday and the music in the bar was super loud, the next day my ears were both ringing longer then usual, then it went away. Then it would come back the next day louder then go away.....I thought this was strange as it had never done this before for so long. It went on for weeks.....on and off tinnitus even when I wasn't going out. Around this time I had a bad panic attack and was suffering from anxiety. Had enough went to the doctor Crying or Very sad and they gave me a blood and urine test, he even checked my ears everything was fine, blood results came back good. I was fine. my anxiety dipped tremendously, but some days it would come back and clobber me.

Then in october when I was walking my dog....my right ear began to ring out of nowhere and it wouldn't stop. Family assured me it would go away.....one week 2 week one month 2 month and it kept on ringing, family said it was hardened wax, go debrox...nothing came out. Used some olive oil.....2 days later a big glob of wax popped out, ringing was still there. It has gotten quieter then when it first started. I had a constant ring for 8 months now, I can drown it out with simple noises like a fan or air conditioner, talking, walking outside ETC. I have Gingko, but scared to use it.

I always noticed I have a lot of neck tension and my jaws are clicking and popping when I talk about once a day, I think I might have TMJ which can make your ears ring to. Any natural remedies would help a bunch. I have a site I have to find with some herbs I will post later, have a good day ladies and fellas

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:56 am

Any other oils besides castor oil? I heard Coconut and seasame and garlic oil as remedies to, never tried them

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Castor oil is supposed to have special properties, that's why Edgar Cayce used it so much in treating people, not just for tinnitus.

Hairbeback wrote:Any other oils besides castor oil? I heard Coconut and seasame and garlic oil as remedies to, never tried them
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 pm

I want to use it but my paranoid anxiety still kicks in time to time Mad 

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 am

There, there...it won't bite you  Smile 

Hairbeback wrote:I want to use it but my paranoid anxiety still kicks in time to time Mad 
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:45 am

When my friend stopped drinking a lot of tonic water her tinnitus went away.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:13 am

My Tinnitus is really low today....whatever I am doing I hope it is the reason why. I started drinking some organic chamomile with Lemon, Honey and Cinnamon. Juiced yesterday Fruit Juice with flax seeds and a kale and cucumber juice.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:20 pm

I read some where not everyone with tinnitus goes deaf

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:44 am

I want to get some ear plugs so I don't further damage my tinnitus when I go out to a concert or a club/bar for birthdays. I want something that doesn't stick out....how about these?

http://www.earplugstore.com/insta-putty.html

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down