Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Tinnitus - Ears EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Tinnitus - Ears EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Tinnitus - Ears EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tinnitus - Ears

5 posters

Go down

Tinnitus - Ears Empty Tinnitus - Ears

Post  ghai018 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Anyone have this and know how to cure/heal it?

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Tinnitus - Ears Empty Re: Tinnitus - Ears

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:34 am

ghai018 wrote:Anyone have this and know how to cure/heal it?

Normally it's a result of structure changes or of certain toxicities. It is a reason why many treatments do not work unless the underlying issue is addressed.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Avoiding stimulants and anything that great increases or decreases blood pressure will ease it. Massage around the ears and beneath the base of the skull can help greatly. ALA also seems to have helped mine and is probably due to the mercury chelating properties. MSM can hurt or help probably for the same reason (Cutler talks about redistribution of mercury in a mercury toxic person using MSM or other forms of sulfur). I believe it would help long term, but am too afraid to try it since it can worsen the tinnitus in the first few days of use.

CS could probably talk more about this.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:30 am

Yanks wrote:Avoiding stimulants and anything that great increases or decreases blood pressure will ease it. Massage around the ears and beneath the base of the skull can help greatly. ALA also seems to have helped mine and is probably due to the mercury chelating properties. MSM can hurt or help probably for the same reason (Cutler talks about redistribution of mercury in a mercury toxic person using MSM or other forms of sulfur). I believe it would help long term, but am too afraid to try it since it can worsen the tinnitus in the first few days of use.

CS could probably talk more about this.

I firmly disagree with Cutler about MSM (sulfur). One major problem is that the soils lack sulfur more than ever, especially with all that herbicide which further impedes sulfur uptake into plants.

Sulfur creates disulfide bond which will bind to mercury irreversibly and not let go. Once sulfur interacts with mercury, it sulfates it) and it becomes safe. One integrative physician has been using a variety of sulfur based amino acids and trace minerals since the late 80's, he and his patients have never had a mercury distribution problem. What is unsafe in my opinion/observation is improperly using DMPS and DMSA.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:36 am

Have it in my right ear for over a year now Sad

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:23 am

Good info CS! Thanks! Unfortunately, MSM seems to have a help/harm relationship with my tinnitus and hyperacusis. I intend on trying another run with it when I can afford to have a small set back. It's unfortunate too because I do believe we're all sulfur deficient as you mentioned because of the depletion of sulfur from the soils.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:56 am

Yanks wrote:Good info CS! Thanks! Unfortunately, MSM seems to have a help/harm relationship with my tinnitus and hyperacusis. I intend on trying another run with it when I can afford to have a small set back. It's unfortunate too because I do believe we're all sulfur deficient as you mentioned because of the depletion of sulfur from the soils.

Taking sufficient amount might help. However taking sufficient amount of MSM can interact with neurotransmitter synthesis. I've already gone into no mood mode, searching for thoughts while counting time. And if taken folate, iodine, b6 and b12 stuff normalized pretty soon. It's also about methylation as CS pointed out. I know CS is not in agreement with this site, but i find it worth reading. It explains regarding extra sulfur and behavior.

http://www.neurosciencemyths.com/

CS, what is that you are not in agreement with regarding to highly individualized OCT2 supplementation protocol, dr. Stein offers?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:48 am

Beebrox wrote:
Yanks wrote:Good info CS! Thanks! Unfortunately, MSM seems to have a help/harm relationship with my tinnitus and hyperacusis. I intend on trying another run with it when I can afford to have a small set back. It's unfortunate too because I do believe we're all sulfur deficient as you mentioned because of the depletion of sulfur from the soils.

Taking sufficient amount might help. However taking sufficient amount of MSM can interact with neurotransmitter synthesis. I've already gone into no mood mode, searching for thoughts while counting time. And if taken folate, iodine, b6 and b12 stuff normalized pretty soon. It's also about methylation as CS pointed out. I know CS is not in agreement with this site, but i find it worth reading. It explains regarding extra sulfur and behavior.

http://www.neurosciencemyths.com/

CS, what is that you are not in agreement with regarding to highly individualized OCT2 supplementation protocol, dr. Stein offers?

Beebrox - I think this approach you mentioned can be helpful.

There's a few schools of thought on this, so I'll mention another perspective. I used to look at 23&me and other genetic testing, looking for polymorphisms. Ultimately, the problem became that within the whole picture, gene expressions in other groups could still put a person in an under or over methylated state despite the opposite of the more well known gene expressions. So it eventually became a matter of not looking at gene expressions anymore and instead performing other tests.

The other answer to the question is that OCT2 and other factors can be altered when certain toxicity burdens are reduced. In other words, the "internal wiring" or neurotransmitter relationships can be improved.

Having said all of that, amino acid therapy balance definitely has value. Still, this can be improved be improving another underlying factor (digestion).

On a more basic level, even without testing, one can try basic trial and error amino acid therapies to find out their current state of dominance (serotonin vs dopamine) for example.

Back on the methylation part of it, some will benefit from sulfur more if they improve their methylation. This could be by reducing the factors (environmental estrogens) and synthetic B9 and supplementing with Methylation vitamins.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:19 am

Tnx for pointing that out. Do you advice combining MSM with iodine (taken separately)?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:39 pm

Beebrox wrote:Tnx for pointing that out.  Do you advice combining MSM with iodine (taken separately)?

Yes. Also MSM is a bit sensitive to other items, so it's one of the few things I will take 30 minutes away from everything else.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Tnx again, CS. I am glad my own regimen is not against the theory:)... I should point out, whenever i take high dose of iodine (50-100mg) there is also spirulina/chlorella that help adsorbing the toxins via gut; using also probiotics and sometimes charcoal as well. I am re supplying mostly silica, zinc, copper, magnesium, selenium, sulfur and unrefined sea salt. Wish to get into humifulvate routine replenishing traces as well.

Would point out that tinnitus is multi-causal, and most everybody experiences it sometimes in life. Usually the trigger is loud noise, and for this case, i think rubbing magnesium oil on the area should do some justice.

Toxicity, infection, TMJ, teethgrinding, are possible other causes, there are cases of prolonged cell phone uses as well.

There is a PEMF treatment that show some benefits for some. Note that PEMF is usually useless unless you know which apparatus do work positively on you. Also note that VLF can help with sleep issues, which is natural way of combating brain inflammation.

Int Tinnitus J. 2005;11(1):58-62.
Pulsed magnetic-field therapy: a new concept to treat tinnitus?
Weiler EW1, Brill K.
Author information
Abstract

Both clinical and neurophysiological data suggest that chronic tinnitus is characterized by focal brain activation. In the study reported here, pulsed magnetic-field therapy induced a highly significant increase of average total power for the delta, theta, and alpha frequency bands, predominantly within the frontal regions of the brain. We conclude that pulsed magnetic-field therapy induces changes of the electroencephalography pattern that correlated with a decrease in tinnitus symptoms.

Dr. Gordon points out PEMF helps mobilising toxins. I would say PEMF cant be used as directly cure, but should help any nutrionitial aspect that should help as well.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 pm

About sleep and insomnia:

Pelka, R. B.; Jaenicke, C.; Gruenwald, J. (2001): Impulse magnetic-field therapy for insomnia: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. In: Advances in therapy, Jg. 18, H. 4, S. 174–180.

Abstract         This 4-week double-blind, placebo-controlled study assessed the efficacy of impulse magnetic-field therapy for insomnia. One hundred one patients were randomly assigned to either active treatment (n = 50) or placebo (n = 51) and allocated to one of three diagnostic groups: (1) sleep latency; (2) interrupted sleep; or (3) nightmares. Efficacy endpoints were intensity of sleep latency, frequency of interruptions, sleepiness after rising, daytime sleepiness, difficulty with concentration, and daytime headaches. In the active-treatment group, the values of all criteria were significantly lower at study end (P < .00001). The placebo group also showed significant symptomatic improvement (P < .05), but the differences between groups were highly significant (P < .00001). Seventy percent (n = 34) of the patients given active treatment experienced substantial or even complete relief of their complaints; 24% (n = 12) reported clear improvement; 6% (n = 3) noted a slight improvement. Only one placebo patient (2%) had very clear relief; 49% (n = 23) reported slight or clear improvement; and 49% (n = 23) saw no change in their symptoms. No adverse effects of treatment were reported.

Also everybody respond differently to sleep under influence of pemf. I havent found a study that was done after adaptation phase of the treatment group.

There is research that connects PEMF with normalising jet-lag as well. It's my personal experience as well.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Park, W. H.; Soh, K. S.; Lee, B. C.; Pyo, M. Y. (2008): 4 Hz magnetic field decreases oxidative stress in mouse brain: a chemiluminescence study. In: Electromagnetic biology and medicine, Jg. 27, H. 2, S. 165–172.

Abstract We investigated the effects of delta and theta brain wave frequency magnetic fields (3, 4, and 5) on mouse brain by detecting photonic oxidative stress makers; spontaneous photon emission (SPE) and lucigenin and tert-butyl hydroperoxide (TBHP) induced chemiluminescences (CL). For this purpose, Balb/C mice were exposed to 3, 4, and 5 Hz magnetic fields (MF) at 0.7 mT for 3 h, respectively. After that we monitored SPE and lucigenin and TBHP-induced CL of the homogenates of mice brains. There was a significant decrease in SPE in the 4 Hz MF-exposed group. Lucigenin-induced CL was also significantly decreased only in the 4 Hz MF-exposed group. TBHP-induced CL was also distinctively decreased by all frequencies, 3, 4, and 5 Hz MF exposures. These results showed that oxidative stress in a mouse brain was decreased by 4 Hz MF. We suggest that the application of 4 Hz MF will contribute to magnetic field therapy.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down