Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Top 5 vegetables EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Top 5 vegetables EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Top 5 vegetables EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Top 5 vegetables EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Top 5 vegetables EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Top 5 vegetables EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Top 5 vegetables EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Top 5 vegetables EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Top 5 vegetables EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Top 5 vegetables

+5
Petch
Project: JS
scottyc33
sublime9
Misirlou
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top 5 vegetables Empty Top 5 vegetables

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 am

......who are they? I have pretty good access to vegetables and that's why I wonder which ones I should eat every day, and also what I should avoid (if any).

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Top 5 vegetables Empty Re: Top 5 vegetables

Post  sublime9 Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:53 am

I added some extra ones because I am unsure what you have access to. Happy eating.

Sea Veggies (Dulse, Kelp, Wakame, etc)
Kale - mineralization
Romaine Lettuce - minerals & silicon (the best thing for your skin)
Avocados - Healthy fats
Cilantro - Great detoxer
Garlic - Sulphur, antibiotic, anti-microbial
Olives - Minerals
Carrots - Vit C
Celery

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:35 pm

I like sublime's list but wonder if broccoli and/or onions don't deserve a shot at the top 5.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:15 pm

I agree w/ scotty and sublime but I would offer... Spinach anyone? And they might not be top-5 worthy, but please dont forget tomatoes!

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:00 am

broccoli has to be on the list! very healthy and good for hair
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:51 am

veggies are great in general and almost every one deserves to be on the list. DonĀ“t forget

parsley - best source of apigenin, estrogene blocker and many but many other benefits
tomatoes - for lycopene
broccoli - for me broccoli ties with parsley for nr 1 vegetable title

i go for estrogene blockers so i prefer cruciefeous veggies and almost all greens are antiestrogenic

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:02 am

My focus is a bit different so that is why I did not include the others. I wrote a post on here a while back discussing mineralization and the human body with references to Dr Maynard Murray's work. A truly brilliant and visionary individual in regards to food and health. The others are fantastic additions and in reality most veggies are good for you, especially green leaf vegetables. Heck you can throw sprouts on that list as well for me.

Here are some vegetables that should be consumed only a couple times a month if at all; corn, potatoes, white rice, and white flour.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:43 am

sublime9 - Here's my own personal list of the top 5, what do you think of these:

Broccoli Sprouts
Kale
Dandelion Greens
Parsley
Spinach.

Note that Dandelion Greens, Kale and Parsley do well in a juicing program and are unpleasant to eat straight.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:49 am

Where does one get danelion greens? haha I guess Im not shopping at the right places. Parsley Im seriously beginning to love.. its got a great stingy taste to it.

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:10 am

A fantastic list as well. Those will definitely get the needed greens and nutrients into a persons diet. I wish I could consume dandelion greens in some way shape or form considering they are the highest source of calcium but they are just to bitter for me.

Not sure if anyone has seen these stats for leading causes of death.

- 652,486 Heart disease
- 553,888 Cancer
- 225,000 Modern Medicine

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:11 am

Project: JS wrote:Where does one get danelion greens? haha I guess Im not shopping at the right places. Parsley Im seriously beginning to love.. its got a great stingy taste to it.

Whole foods, Trader Joe's and fresh produce markets.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:12 am

What do you guys think of beans?

red kidney beans, green beans, lima beans?

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:18 am

Icanbeatthis wrote:What do you guys think of beans?

red kidney beans, green beans, lima beans?

This is why the categorization of vegetables is fundamentally flawed. Beans are in no way, shape or form comparable to greens and vice versa. A better way to look at veggies is through the following categories; Leafy Greens, Root Vegetables, Legumes, Sea Veggies, Nightshade, and all other. Legumes do not really provide a lot of nutritional value although they are an important source of fiber, if you are not getting it elsewhere.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:57 pm

I think we need juicing recipes now! Let me mixer do the work Smile

1. Why are potatoes bad or rice?
2. What can these two be replaced with?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am

Most libraries have juicing books. Although my favorite is celery, carrot, apple, kale and a shot of wheatgrass.

Potato's are a starch that turns to sugar and truly provide no nutritional value. They do raise blood sugar levels, are detrimental to intestinal flora and clog up your digestion. I am not a big rice fan but most rice is good for you except refined white rice. Jasmine is a good replacement or if you want to take it a step further quinoa is a much better option. With foods like white rice, corn and wheat you start getting into the issue of mycotoxins due to the fact that they are stored. Grains lke quinoa, wild rice, spelt, and amaranth are not stored and therefore do not build up mycotoxins to any great degree.

I would replace a potato with a salad. Wink

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:39 am

What do you guys think about using a blender versus a juicer for the veggies? For me, juicing is a pain in the butt, but blending is quicker, and cleaner, and I can throw almost anything in there.

I know juicing's benefit is the removal of fiber thereby allowing you to more efficiently assimilate the nutrients, but I've also read that if you have a really good, high powered blender, like vita-mix or blendtec, then they can essentially "break" the fibrous walls allowing easier assimilation.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:32 am

I actually blend everyday and juice a couple times a week at most due to the exact reason you described; cleanup. I also use powdered superfoods in my blended mixes. Anything that runs over 450 watts can blend the crap out of your fruits and veggies.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:15 am

Sublime, glad to hear you blend too. By the way, I can blend and drink almost anything... as much kale, parlsey, spinach, collards as I want, for instance, if I throw a small banana in with it. By the way, I've got the Blendtec Home - 1500 max watts!

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:52 pm

lol.

Dude I have a vitamix and it seriously pulverizes the crap out of everything, probably on the same level as your blendtec. I make my raw food recipes with it and they usually turn out very well. I have finally found a way to eat macadamia nuts in large quantities, which means my weight stays up very easily.

I agree anything with a banana is drinkable. It is like a last resort if my latest "flavor mixture" fails.

Do you use alfalfa sprouts often? When I find them in good condition at the store they provide a serious energy buzz for me. I honestly feel like the way the food I eat makes me feel it should be damn near illegal. I feel great all the time and when I get the right mixture sometimes I feel the best ever!!

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Thank you IH.. after looking at all the greens my grocery doesnt have.. man Im really going to have to start shopping at one of those stores.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:48 am

I'll definitely give the alfalfa sprouts a try.

I got the idea of blending these "green smoothies" from this lady who wrote a detox book (unfortunately can't recall the name of either), she claims her and her husband ate primarily green smoothies for a month and the gray in his beard turned dark and she had a cyst or something disappear.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:49 am

Two close relatives on each side of the family got over 100 years old. They lived basically as semi-farmers eating a lot of potatoes, pork, milk and butter. None of them were fat or passive. Having that said, I still believe there is more to it then just genes, but perhaps that is why we all should take a complete DNA-test and even further be able to tailor the resistance.

I will look extra carefully into getting parsley, garlic and roman salad. I will miss potatoes..a lot. I'm still off drinking milk. I tried soy milk but it was awful. Will try to get my hands on almond milk, sounds tasty! Smile

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:39 am

johnt wrote:I'll definitely give the alfalfa sprouts a try.

I got the idea of blending these "green smoothies" from this lady who wrote a detox book (unfortunately can't recall the name of either), she claims her and her husband ate primarily green smoothies for a month and the gray in his beard turned dark and she had a cyst or something disappear.

Viktoria Butenko (sp?) Her book is called "green for life" and is a fantastic book.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:51 am

Misirlou wrote:Two close relatives on each side of the family got over 100 years old. They lived basically as semi-farmers eating a lot of potatoes, pork, milk and butter. None of them were fat or passive. Having that said, I still believe there is more to it then just genes, but perhaps that is why we all should take a complete DNA-test and even further be able to tailor the resistance.

I will look extra carefully into getting parsley, garlic and roman salad. I will miss potatoes..a lot. I'm still off drinking milk. I tried soy milk but it was awful. Will try to get my hands on almond milk, sounds tasty! Smile

Almond milk is easy to make if you are up to it. You might want to try rice milk as it is way more palatable than soy milk.

The interesting thing about genetics and DNA is that you can switch on or off a large percentage of your genes. This has been proven through diet to work. Reference Dr Dean Ornish's work for heart disease and diet. Truth be told you cannot cure a disease exclusively. Meaning that if you have diabetes and heart disease and obesity all of those can be cured through a proper diet. And the healing process is synergistic among all the maladies. A lot of the work I have been reading has been surrounding mineralization of the body. I wish the orthomolecular journal was free to view online because of the great research and information contained within its pages.

Next year starts my mineralization project along with my high doses of vitamin C. I am also looking to dabble with some ormus gold, but that will be later on.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Interesting Sublime. I would like to read more about overmineralization. About high doses of vitamin C, is this really safe? Right now I use a 1500% RDI product..sounds very much more then needed..but what do I know.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next