Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA

+9
The Hulk
RobHealthMan
Nocturnalhorse
j87x
scottyc33
nidhogge
TheFunkyStumpfighter
elan164
Gromit137
13 posters

Go down

Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA Empty Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA

Post  Gromit137 Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:52 am

I know those two can effect hair negatively ... creatine and DHEA.\

Any thing an 'in my 50's' man can use while exercising to help with muscle creation.

I heard HMB supplement works. Anything else. Does HMB hurt hair?

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA Empty Re: Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA

Post  elan164 Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:35 pm

im looking in to hemotest and hemotropin, herd good things.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA Empty Re: Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 am

Man, I'm a broken record with this stuff, but cissus is something you should look into. I take cissus and colostrum every day, and the pump you get from cissus, at least in this amateur's opinion, is incredible. My workouts have gone from a pain in the ass, to man on a mission style using cissus, I can't speak more highly of the stuff.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 am

I've never seen strong evidence of creatine effecting hair--I take Creatine Diphosphate which is one of the best forms IMO. Can get it from ALRI, best price probably AllStarHealth.com. DHEA past 30 is good for you, but in the proper quantities. Can even benefit the hair.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:08 pm

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:Man, I'm a broken record with this stuff, but cissus is something you should look into. I take cissus and colostrum every day, and the pump you get from cissus, at least in this amateur's opinion, is incredible. My workouts have gone from a pain in the ass, to man on a mission style using cissus, I can't speak more highly of the stuff.

How are you dosing the cissus?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:25 am

750mg-1g in the morning before i eat anything, and same dose again sometime before dinner but after lunch.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Check out dessicated beef liver. It contains a ton of branched chain amino acids, b-complex, minerals, coq10, and more.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:750mg-1g in the morning before i eat anything, and same dose again sometime before dinner but after lunch.

Cissus us definitely good stuff. It helped clear up a bad case of tennis elbow for me.

What brand are you taking?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:52 pm

nidhogge wrote:I've never seen strong evidence of creatine effecting hair--I take Creatine Diphosphate which is one of the best forms IMO. Can get it from ALRI, best price probably AllStarHealth.com. DHEA past 30 is good for you, but in the proper quantities. Can even benefit the hair.

I found this old thread:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4318-use-of-creatine?highlight=creatine

I've noticed increased bacne when I take creatine.

Now I'm wondering....

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Creatine hurting hair is bull.....no evidence to support that. I have used 100% creatine monohydrate several times including recently..the only side effect was increased strength and mass gains.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:57 am

i get conflicting information on dhea hurting or helping hair.

my dhea is on the low side so im taking magnesium to try to raise the dhea more naturally and indirect.

can taking dhea be bad for hair?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm

I am no guru at all on this, but I think the Creatine issue can effect some and not others. In my case, I believe it was effecting my hair with the commencement of thinning again and I had a source say current research is indicating a possible issue with Creatine with those that may have some internal predispositions.

I have stopped Creatine completely now and will just soley rely on good diet, high protein, whey, beta-allanine, glutamine and leucine.

I hope to get the Creatine out of my system and reverse any damage quickly.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Is it worth taking DHEA if you are near 40 and are bodybuilding like a mad man?

Does DHEA damage hair?

Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:20 pm

I hope not, I'm taking Ashwagandha at the moment and it's supposed to increase dhea

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:31 pm

I am keen to hear and learn others thoughts on the best supplements for bodybuilding.

Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 am

Hey Renky,

I do agree that the evidence for creatine affecting hair is weak evidence, but we can't throw out the possibility. The main study people throw around to support creatine boosting DHT does look pretty convincing at first until you realize that there is absolutely nothing reported as to what the subjects are doing outside of the study. They didn't even report whether they kept the serum testing constant at the same time of day, or what time of day that was. It just wasn't very well controlled, and a weak correlation at best.

That said, it is always possible, and if you feel that it is causing you problems drop it. It isn't a necessary bodybuilding supplement. In my opinion, its primary benefit is not directly to muscle building, but indirectly by supporting your training. It really does help endurance, and its effects are noticeable. The mass it adds is almost completely from super-hydrating the muscle cell.

And as far as DHEA goes, thats difficult. You can't control what happens with DHEA once its ingested, and if your aromatase levels are out of whack, it could produce a rise in testosterone that is immediately aromatized. If you feel your T levels are low, I'd actually see an endo and find out why. If its a gonadotropic issue, thats completely different than hypogonadism and requires different treatment.

As far as boosting T, I think altering your sleep, fat intake, and training are the best ways to boost T levels. I completely agree with the Cissus Q. I think that product has a lot of promise. I'm also turned onto D-Aspartic acid at the moment, but am awaiting trying it. I know you already train heavy, so make sure your sleep is perfect. Sleep from 10-6am in total darkness with no EMF: shut off Wifi. No television or computer preferably within an hour of sleep. Right before bed take this combo: 1 raw whole egg, cod liver oil, 1/2 tsp clarified butter, vitamin D, zinc. See how that treats you.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Gain Muscle without Hurting Hair - NO creatine or DHEA Empty Stay Away From the Cre

Post  Longshanks Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

I can deffinetly attest to more hair loss while being on creatine, though it is great for packing on size and strength, the bloatiness and hairloss it gives u far outweigh the benefits. I have tried quite a few pro hormones over the years and the only one that has really helped me stay lean while gaining muscle without hairloss is BSN's Powerful. At least I think, I still shed but nothing like what I experience on any other bodybuilding supplements. Ive also switched to Vegan protein (Vega One) as I have read far too many negative aspects to whey and soy, I believe this is also helping me stay lean while packing on size. The only people I know who are beasts in the gym and NW 0-1 are guys that are using quality steroids, I'm a little scared to go that route though. The Powerful also puts me to sleep fast and gives me some great intense dreams, its the only time I do dream is when I take it

Longshanks

Back to top Go down

Post  mak123 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 am

I have recently started a rotation of cardio & strength workouts 5-6 times a week & a controlled healthy diet. This is my first step towards sorting my hair out.

I take a low carb whey protein shake with creatine on workout days & i find this very rejuvenating. The protein drink comes with loads of additional vits & minerals & aminos which are all help me fee lot better at my middle age. I would hate to have to drop the drink although not so fussed about the creatine as its optional.

At the moment i'm using Niz shampoo twice a week to help with DHT control & hope to change this to something kinder like organic Avalon Biotin shampoo that has Saw Palmetto (known to block DHT). I'm planning to add saw palmetto extract to my supplement regimen as well.

Has anyone thought about the idea of supplementing the diet with Saw Palmetto to counter any negative affects from fitness supplements ?

mak123

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 am

Agreed on the Creatine! It may not effect some, but I am certain it was effecting me. I stopped the Creatine and believe that my hair is already starting to improve. I am sticking with Glutamine, Beta Alanine and am trying Cissus this week. I dropped the Leucine for the time being. I have never taken any steroids. Only thing that I took which was close was Andro, but that was over a decade ago. Didn't do anything for me anyway. As I have aged a little since then and have become a little more savvy about the body and feel that steroids and pro-hormones are just not worth it for me. I think the people that take these may look super big, super fast, but step forward in time 20 years and the issues come out from taking that stuff. I know of a few famous Bodybuilders now in their later years who have had issues with their health where medical research is indicating that performance enhancement may be the cause. This is all my opinion though. After coming to this site and being educated some more, I have grown to love getting back to basics and natural with food and diet. My body sure does appreciate it. I think back to the MacDonalds years and shudder...

I will be interested to see how the cissus goes. I read a stack of reviews on it last night. Very impressive it seems. I have considered adding DHEA (maybe 5mg), but have been scared of doing that for some reason.

Other than that, I just keep lifting heavy and eating well.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Renky,

Any reason you are dropping the leucine? I have always loved the results of taking BCAAs during and after a workout. Leucine is great for stimulating that post workout insulin spike.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  mak123 Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 am

Renky wrote:Agreed on the Creatine! It may not effect some, but I am certain it was effecting me. I stopped the Creatine and believe that my hair is already starting to improve. I am sticking with Glutamine, Beta Alanine and am trying Cissus this week. I dropped the Leucine for the time being. I have never taken any steroids. Only thing that I took which was close was Andro, but that was over a decade ago. Didn't do anything for me anyway. As I have aged a little since then and have become a little more savvy about the body and feel that steroids and pro-hormones are just not worth it for me. I think the people that take these may look super big, super fast, but step forward in time 20 years and the issues come out from taking that stuff. I know of a few famous Bodybuilders now in their later years who have had issues with their health where medical research is indicating that performance enhancement may be the cause. This is all my opinion though. After coming to this site and being educated some more, I have grown to love getting back to basics and natural with food and diet. My body sure does appreciate it. I think back to the MacDonalds years and shudder...

I will be interested to see how the cissus goes. I read a stack of reviews on it last night. Very impressive it seems. I have considered adding DHEA (maybe 5mg), but have been scared of doing that for some reason.

Other than that, I just keep lifting heavy and eating well.

Seems we are in the same age point & mentality.
Please let me know how you get along with cissus as i may bin the creatine to be safe & join you on that.

BTW whats your opinion on using Saw Palmetto supplement for countering DHT issues ?

mak123

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Anthony - I am not sure about the Leucine... Ergo-Log show tests it increases muscle mass in older people with high doses. I am not sure if it has done a lot for me? I will finish the bottle I have now and see if I notice anything with not taking it.

Mak - I will do about the Cissus. There are a lot of good reviews on it and I cannot tell if there are any negatives at this stage. The Saw Palmetto... CS says it is not worth taking, so I dropped that long ago.

I follow the Max OT system of training by AST Sports Science. I also follow their nutrient timing factor. I think their whole approach works. I have only trained this way really, except for when I was a young teenager doing the 3 Sets of 10-12 Reps. I overtrained a lot back then. With Max OT, you lift HEAVY and train each body part once a week. The rest is diet, supplements and rest. Since being on the IH regimen and getting better rest, my results have accelerated well. My arms still lag a bit, so I am trying to add another inch to those and I think I will be set with my physique. Once I reach my goal size and weight, I will just look after myself and maintain.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down