Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
DHEA & DHT EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
DHEA & DHT EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
DHEA & DHT EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
DHEA & DHT EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
DHEA & DHT EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
DHEA & DHT EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
DHEA & DHT EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
DHEA & DHT EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
DHEA & DHT EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DHEA & DHT

+12
lund
Paradox
kijumn
blackjack
RobHealthMan
Project: JS
hadrion
lunda
CausticSymmetry
Espio
GoodThings
Joejoebaggins
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DHEA & DHT Empty DHEA & DHT

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:11 pm

IH, I wanted to confirm you're theory that low DHEA could signal your body to produce more DHT. Of course this isn't too scientific, but still interesting.

December 2007
DHEA 432 (5-1476 ug/24hrs) (Not on any DHEA supps)
THF 2281 (942-2800 ug/24hrs) (5AR Activity)
5a-THF 2382 (796-2456 ug/24hrs) (5AR Activity)

February 2008
DHEA 1268 (5-1476 ug/24hrs) (I was on oral DHEA and Preg, this level is a little too high)

BUT, check out how much lower my 5AR activity is:

THF 1936 (942-2800 ug/24hrs) (5AR Activity) (-345)
5a-THF 1638 (796-2456 ug/24hrs) (5AR Activity) (-744)

Watch out for Adrenal Fatigue people! It's a hair killer!!!
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

DHEA & DHT Empty Re: DHEA & DHT

Post  GoodThings Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Joe-Did your hair improve during this period?

Did you get these tests using your blood sample?

Thanks

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:19 pm

GoodThings wrote:Joe-Did your hair improve during this period?

Did you get these tests using your blood sample?

Thanks

My hair improved slightly, but there were some other things at play that I didn't know at the time that I know now (copper overload, zinc/b6 deficiency). Plus I brought up my DHEA a little too much to where it brought on a "buzzed feeling" all day long.

These tests are from a Rhein urine panel.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:06 pm

I've seen a study that may contradict what you said, I've seen one where they took 7 prematurely balding males and tested their DHEA and their DHEA levels were about double what the average male should have at that age.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Espio wrote:I've seen a study that may contradict what you said, I've seen one where they took 7 prematurely balding males and tested their DHEA and their DHEA levels were about double what the average male should have at that age.

DHEA protects you're body from cortisol. If the men in the study had elevated DHEA activity it means that they probably were in early stages of adrenal fatigue and had off the charts cortisol numbers. DHEA initially rises to combat the elevated cortisol levels. Eventually in later stages of adrenal fatigue your body can't keep up and lowers production of DHEA and continues pumping out cortisol until that gives out too.

DHEA is a protective shield from evil-hair-destroying hormone cortisol.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Joejoebaggins - That's very interesting. It would make sense. Also I think you hit it right on with the explanation about DHEA and cortisol.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lunda Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:01 am

Based on your initial numbers you were within a 29 year old male range (desired) of DHEA when you started the therapy:

http://www.anti-agingmd.com/dhea.html

lunda

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:32 am

lunda wrote:Based on your initial numbers you were within a 29 year old male range (desired) of DHEA when you started the therapy:

http://www.anti-agingmd.com/dhea.html

Those numbers are from a urine test, not blood. At the time I was on TRT, and while I'm not sure of the mechanism you need to replenish DHEA when you supply TRT.

If you have adrenal fatigue, you probably have sub levels of DHEA and are also an undermethylator.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  lunda Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:20 pm

Perfect - thanks for that clarification.

So what is the normal reference range for DHEA (say 29 year old male) in urine? I will try to lookup....

Thanks

lunda

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm starting to believe that my hair loss and weight gain were definitely caused by adrenal fatigue. The day IH posted the symptoms of it, I realized I had every single one of them.

Since I started IH's regimen and now added DHEA, my waistline is shrinking, I'm going to bed way before 1am, getting tired early (before I couldn't fall asleep until 4am) and I'm falling asleep easily. I'm also more productive during the day.

I'm not advocating that DHEA is going to cure my hairloss -- I have no evidence of that, but if you legitimately have the symptoms of adrenal fatigue that IH describes, you might want to investigate DHEA and any other supps IH recommends for adrenal fatigue.

I think about it and about 3 years ago I had a very stressful event. After this my hair loss began and my waistline expanded even though I was exercising. For the past years I haven't been able to recover the hair or the physique I had, but just the other night I fit into a brand new suit I bought 6 years ago. I didn't realize how much my body has changed over the past 6 months of religiously following IH's advice and now adding in the DHEA which has kick started something in me.

My wife has been telling me about the change, but I didn't see it until I tried on the old size I was.

I'm still not seeing massive hair regrowth, although my remaining hair is thicker and healthier. It seems the thin wiry brittle hairs are falling out now -- I hope they are all replaced by healthy hairs in the coming months. I'm thin/diffuse on top down the middle of my scalp. I still have my hairline in tact and my center forelock is still thick. From there straight back is where my hair is thinning out a lot.

Hopefully, we're all on to something here in regards to adrenal fatigue, stress, hair loss and aging.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:41 pm

lunda wrote:Perfect - thanks for that clarification.

So what is the normal reference range for DHEA (say 29 year old male) in urine? I will try to lookup....

Thanks

The reference range that Rhein Labs uses is above:

(5-1476 ug/24hrs)

For serum LEF recommends (I usually take their recommendations with a grain of salt):

Normal Ideal
Men 280-640 ug/dL 500-640 ug/dL
Women 65-380 ug/dL 250-380 ug/dL

For a younger adult (I'm 23) you want it middle to higher end. Not too high, that's when problems arise that can lead to to morehair loss.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:42 pm

hadrion wrote:I'm starting to believe that my hair loss and weight gain were definitely caused by adrenal fatigue. The day IH posted the symptoms of it, I realized I had every single one of them.

Since I started IH's regimen and now added DHEA, my waistline is shrinking, I'm going to bed way before 1am, getting tired early (before I couldn't fall asleep until 4am) and I'm falling asleep easily. I'm also more productive during the day.

I'm not advocating that DHEA is going to cure my hairloss -- I have no evidence of that, but if you legitimately have the symptoms of adrenal fatigue that IH describes, you might want to investigate DHEA and any other supps IH recommends for adrenal fatigue.

I think about it and about 3 years ago I had a very stressful event. After this my hair loss began and my waistline expanded even though I was exercising. For the past years I haven't been able to recover the hair or the physique I had, but just the other night I fit into a brand new suit I bought 6 years ago. I didn't realize how much my body has changed over the past 6 months of religiously following IH's advice and now adding in the DHEA which has kick started something in me.

My wife has been telling me about the change, but I didn't see it until I tried on the old size I was.

I'm still not seeing massive hair regrowth, although my remaining hair is thicker and healthier. It seems the thin wiry brittle hairs are falling out now -- I hope they are all replaced by healthy hairs in the coming months. I'm thin/diffuse on top down the middle of my scalp. I still have my hairline in tact and my center forelock is still thick. From there straight back is where my hair is thinning out a lot.

Hopefully, we're all on to something here in regards to adrenal fatigue, stress, hair loss and aging.

I think you're right on buddy. If you have adrenal fatigue you might also explore if you have a zinc/copper imbalance.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Joejoebaggins - other than a blood test, do you know of any way to tell if you have a copper/zinc imbalance.. ie. would there be any symptoms or conditions associated w/ excess zinc or excess copper?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Project: JS wrote:Joejoebaggins - other than a blood test, do you know of any way to tell if you have a copper/zinc imbalance.. ie. would there be any symptoms or conditions associated w/ excess zinc or excess copper?

If you relate to any of the symptoms on this page you might want to dive a little deeper into it.

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C514620.html

I knew I had copper toxicity because I was on a low cal vegan diet and blew out my adrenals. Adrenals are you starting point for moving metals out of your body. Once you screw them up everything goes down hill. But to answere your question I got several different blood/urine tests to link my copper/zinc imbalance to the evidence I had.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Joejoe - Excellent.. thank you. I fear I may have over-stressed my adrenals -and system in general- last year around this time (dealing w a shitty situation w/ my job at the time) and I have only recently started recovering from it. I will have to look into it further. This site you linked for me will be of help Im sure. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:38 pm

This is a helpful thread. thanks everyone!

Can i conclude that approx 5mg Dhea daily is probably helpful for health/hair loss?

here are my dhea numbers that i got yesterday:

DHEA 1.16 nmo/L (normal 0.75 to 2.5)
DHEA-S 1174 pg/ml (normal 1303 to 3557)

my apologies, im in taiwan so its metric instead of US measurements. I'm still not sure how to convert it! Smile

So I'm low on the DHEA-S and on the low-side on DHEA.

can someone tell me how DHEA and DHEA-S relate to each other?

How does DHEA/DHEA-S affect hair loss?

thanks you!!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 am

Joe what are you currently on as in terms of TRT? As TRT effected your hair? Do you have a family history of hair loss.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

DHEA & DHT Empty anyone? :)

Post  RobHealthMan Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:20 am

bump for question about DHEA/DHEA-S affect on hair loss? Smile

thanks guys! Smile

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:11 am

My vote goes towards using magnesium chloride to raise DHEA levels. A google search should provide some good info.

Here is one link

http://www.naturalnews.com/024847_magnesium_insulin_medicine.html

A quote

"Dr. Shealy has determined that when the body is presented with adequate levels of magnesium at the cellular level, the body will begin to naturally produce DHEA and also DHEA-S."
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 am

I've been taking 20 mg DHEA and 20 mg of Pregnenalone among a bunch of other stuff for adrenal fatigue for 3 weeks, and I think I've been having more hairs fall out as I run my hands through my hair, so i think it may be accelerating the hair loss, so i'm going to stop taking the hormone stuff and stick with everything else for adrenal fatigue.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:16 am

jdp710 wrote:My vote goes towards using magnesium chloride to raise DHEA levels. A google search should provide some good info.

Here is one link

http://www.naturalnews.com/024847_magnesium_insulin_medicine.html

A quote

"Dr. Shealy has determined that when the body is presented with adequate levels of magnesium at the cellular level, the body will begin to naturally produce DHEA and also DHEA-S."

jdp710,

thanks for the info! i just started 600-700mg of Magnesium chelate. I'm going to see if this does the trick. i would rather not start taking dhea supplements. i heard risk of hair loss on dhea because of what it can do with testosterone and DHT.

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 am

Espio wrote:I've been taking 20 mg DHEA and 20 mg of Pregnenalone among a bunch of other stuff for adrenal fatigue for 3 weeks, and I think I've been having more hairs fall out as I run my hands through my hair, so i think it may be accelerating the hair loss, so i'm going to stop taking the hormone stuff and stick with everything else for adrenal fatigue.

good idea on stopping DHEA here. what are you taking for ADRENAL FATIGUE?

i think i have adrenal fatigue as well. curious to know if what you are taking is helping Smile

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:09 am

only take DHEA if you verfied via blood testing (DHEA-S) and continue to to blood test.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:44 am

What I'm taking for AF:

sea salt
cordyceps
vitamin B multi
hydrolized collagen
Proline
adrenal glandular
vitamin C
magnesium citrate
MSM
Cod liver oil
GABA
5-HTP

Was taking:
DHEA
Pregnenalone

I got this list from Dr. Rind's site:
http://www.drrind.com/therapies/adrenal-support-recommendation-sheet

But like I said I'm cutting out the DHEA and Pregnenalone because I think it may be causing increased hair loss, since premature balders like myself tend to have really high DHEA anyway. I figured my DHEA must of been low because I have low total testosterone but high free testosterone, but i guess i was wrong.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:47 am

do you think premature balders have adrenals fatigue most of the time?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next