Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The... Itch EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
The... Itch EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The... Itch EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The... Itch EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The... Itch EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The... Itch EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The... Itch EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The... Itch EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The... Itch EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The... Itch

5 posters

Go down

The... Itch Empty The... Itch

Post  ITITCHES Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:22 pm

Greetings.

I don't want to come off as rude, but I will have to jump straight to the point, because, as my username implies, it is the reason I made an account on this here forum, after lurking around for a while.

Severe dandruff. Monstrous itch. Lack of money. I don't have the funds for the top6 and the experimentation it entails, so how would I go about putting a stop to this horrible affliction?

I should mention, also -- in the past, I've used Head & Shoulders which masked this issue and since stopping, the itch is becoming progressively worse - I suppose the flakes are building up. So, what I'm getting at is that this has been, probably, a lifelong issue.

I would be eternally thankful for some MUCH needed help.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

The... Itch Empty Re: The... Itch

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:16 pm

ITITCHES - Two things come to mind, and hopefully you'll get more replies to this question.

You might try the topical combination of Lithium & DMSO under the topicals section. This seems to help a lot of people get rid of the itch.

Or I had heard that Magnesium oil may help.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:07 pm

I figured as much by reading through:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/my-scalp-is-flaking-terrribly-help-t172.htm?sid=d329f424de4359b8d463d85e560703c0

... But I wanted to make sure it covers the itch... I see people being more alarmed by flakes than itches - the flakes I got used to, but constantly feeling like I spent the night in a truckful of bacon has become fucking unbearable.

I'm somewhat hesitant about trying Lithium/DMSO after reading reports of increased hair shedding, therefore, where would one go about purchasing magnesium oil localy, as opposed to ordering online - a pharmacy? And what effect does the oil have on hair itself? Think long fine hair.

... Oh and, finally, how would you interpret the fact that the itch intensifies during the night, especially when I go to bed, and that it's most intense around the back and the sides of the scalp, despite that the thick flake layer is present throughout the whole scalp?

... I remember reading somewhere about demodex crawling out of follicles at night.

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm

ITITCHES - In theory, it is said that demodex come out at night. I don't know if this is true, but we know that light, especially UV light would keep demodex at bay. It could various yeasts, fungi, etc. as well.

Here's where to get the Mag Oil:

http://www.health-and-wisdom.com/magnesium.htm#mg

If that doesn't work, check out the Lithium/DMSO combo.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:59 am

I'd use the Lithium/DMSO combo before Mag oil for the itch.

Mag oil actually causes breakouts on my scalp.

Lithium/DMSO knocks/knocked the itch out for me.

Have I seen increased shedding since I started it? Yes. I was hopeful this was going to lead to regrowth but as of this moment, I haven't seen any significant regrowth in the areas that shed.

Here's the thing though -- I stopped using for 2 weeks and itching and inflammation returned.

As soon as I started re-using it, itching and inflammation went away.

I'm going to keep it in my regimen at 1x a day to keep the itch and inflammation at bay.

I can tell you that it has definitely worked for me in those areas.

As for it growing hair or forcing hair to come out through thinning/bald/diffuse areas, I've seen no evidence of that yet and I've been using it over 6 months.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:16 am

Hadrion, it would be interesting if it turned out the inflammation used to be at it's worst at exactly the places you shed after the combo. What I'm getting at is that, in a way, it was positive you shed where you did, or at least, your body saw it that way. Assuming your shed after the combo was following the MPB pattern and further hair loss stopped along with the inflammation, I'm guessing that would hint at MPB being, at least partially, a kind of an auto-immune condition.

I think I'll still try the magnesium first. I'll try out on a patch of skin and see what happens... If I find it. Caustic, you don't suppose the internet is the only way of getting a hold of this oil? Anyone ever see it locally? Was it the real deal? What should I watch out for during, what will be my upcoming pharmacy raid?

ITITCHES

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:48 am

ITITCHES - I've stayed away from the health food stores for a while now, but I would be surprised if you were to find magnesium oil sold. If you were to find it, it would be pretty expensive. The source I pasted earlier is the cheapest I've seen, and with total thanks to the other members, they have tried it and I plan on getting it on my next order.

Magnesium chloride is from what I understand, extracted from sea water and with most of the sodium removed.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:00 am

Does anyone know why the Lithium/DMSO topical increases shedding? Is this a good thing? A bad thing? There's been speculation both ways, and I'd love to get some clarity on this. I haven't noticed that it's increased shedding. It's actually made my hair feel cleaner and softer, but I'd love a definitive answer to this if possible.

Thanks,

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:04 am

ganny - Personally, I have never had a problem with the combo. I wonder if it is just coincidence or if there is something to it. On the other hand, I have heard a few mentions that shedding had stop when its use had stopped.

The best I can surmise is that it depends on an individuals sensitivity. And according to one study on Lithium itself, there is a small number of people that may acquire some inflammation from it, rather than the other way around. I think that may explain this phenomenon.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:04 am

A correction on the Mag. Oil--

www.puremagoil.com is from the sea, Mag-For-Less is from the Great lakes. From the sea is more expensive, but free of heavy metals. Mag-For-Less, however, is one of the FEW trustworthy sources that properly filters the heavy metal content out of the Mag. Oil.

Never buy locally, only on the net from sources that you research. Trust me on this one.

The Lithium/DMSO rinse helps to keep my scalp in fantastic condition, and my shedding is minimal. Demodex don't come out to play anymore...all their buddies are dead. Twisted Evil

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down