Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Jock Itch (bad) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Jock Itch (bad) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Jock Itch (bad) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Jock Itch (bad)

+4
j87x
Mad Dog
CausticSymmetry
NewReg
8 posters

Go down

Jock Itch (bad) Empty Jock Itch (bad)

Post  NewReg Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 am

I've always been prone to jock itch, but nothing a little talc and anti-fungal spray couldn't take care of. That is, until about 5 years ago when I was down in Cancun and got a bad case from jogging out in the humid climate. I went to the doctor and we went through every tube of prescription antifungal and steroid there was. Nothing worked and in fact made it worse because they were all creams that promoted a moist environment. Then I went to the natural stuff and tried tea tree, grapeseed oil etc., but they all aggravated the area something awful.

In the end (kind of), I had to stop working out completely, clean the area 3x per day, and apply talc whenever possible. It took about 3 years to get rid of it. Well, now it's back and we're heading into summer and I'm scared to death to have to go through all of that again. I went to the doctor yesterday (he's a holistic MD) and he did an ultraviolet diagnostic which didn't reveal anything. So, it actually may not even be fungal, but bacterial (or a combo). He thought it'd be best to start with over-the-counter powder sprays due to my sensitivity to creams and go from there. So, that's where I'm starting. However, I want to start looking at other possible therapies immediately.

Here are some of the things I've heard about and am thinking of trying as topicals:
- Yogurt (perhaps kefir?)
- Liquid MSM
- Magnesium oil (since it's not really an oil)
- Lemon juice
- Honey and garlic

I'm already on Jarro-dophilus and don't know if there are any other internals I can take.

There are also these:
http://www.defensesoap.com/
http://www.wholesalepoint.com/pc-Skin-Care/Kennedy-SKIN.html
(I'm just scared of anti-bacterial products, but these say they "don't kill the good bacteria.")

Has anyone ever had this type of reoccurring problem? Do you have any recommendations or suggestions? I REALLY need to nip this in the bud before it gets completely out-of-control again.

Thanks so much...

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Jock Itch (bad) Empty Re: Jock Itch (bad)

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:15 am

NewReg - SSKI (Super Saturated Potassium Iodide). No need for anything else.

Look for Tri-Quench.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 am

Just purchased a bottle from tahomadispensary.com

Is this is an internal or a topical? How is this different from Lugol's? I'm still not clear on the difference between iodine and iodide.

Thanks so much!

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 am

NewReg - SSKI is quite different. For example, if it's placed on a fungus topically, it will be felt--a kind of "feel good" sting, which will kill the fungus upon repeated application. It should be arrested in a few days and will feel better since it also calms the itch as well.

Having a tiny bottle of SSKI is very useful for a lot of things. It should not be used in place of Lugol's for internal use.

SSKI does have some internal applications, but usually for short terms uses, except when it is used to dissolve plaque (it will dissolve cholesterol wax, although Lugol's will do the same thing).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Sounds intense. So, is it OK to use on my daddy bag? I don't want it to be affecting my future kids or anything...

If this gets better in a few days, I'll be thrilled. If it doesn't though, how long is it safe to use topically?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

NewReg - It's totally safe to use, it will not cause any ill effect.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks as always CS.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Dog Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:47 am

I second Immortal. I came back from a jungle hike with a nasty itch a few years ago due to the high humidity int hat area. I used every pharma cream on the market. Nothing got rid of the problem, only minor relief. To be honest I'm not even sure if it was just a standard tinea fungus I was infected with. Whatever it was Lugols got rid of it after a couple of days of 1-2 applications per day. The feeling was like Immortal said, a feel good relief burning. You could feel it was working as soon as you put it on. I can't believe all the BS out there on the market for the prices they charge when this stuff blows it out of the water. SSKI would probably be even better.

Mad Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:30 am

Yeah, that jungle flora packs a punch. I've tried everything on the market over the years and nothing has worked.

I put on the Tri-Quench last night and holy mother did that sting. I mean, on my inner thighs it wasn't so bad -- it was that good sting you mentioned -- but when I put that stuff on my scrotum it felt like someone was holding a lighter under my balls. All I could do was freeze and tense every muscle in my body...

That said, if this gets rid of it, it's more than worth it. In fact, I would probably take a lighter under the balls to get rid of it.

After one application there is nothing major to report. It's a little less itchy, but looks pretty much the same. I just put the second application on and it stung like crazy, but was a little more bearable than last night, which shows me something's happening. Also, all I put on before bed was the SSKI, and usually if I don't put on any powder on I'll have a flare up, which I didn't. That brings me to a question though: Moisture has been my nemesis on this thing and it's hot here in So. Cal. during the day. Can I use talc or antifungal powders in conjunction with the SSKI for moisture absorption or could this absorb the iodide and hinder its role?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 am

Used Tri-Quench for 3 days and like I said, it hurt like hell at first. But it started to hurt so bad that I couldn't bear it anymore. I have a pretty high threshold for pain, but the Tr-Quench was burning layers of skin off and reapplying over exposed dermal layers in that area was what I'd picture a pagan ritual (or closed-door interrogation) to be like. It took me over 30 minutes to apply this last time, and I couldn't even get up and walk afterwards. That would all be fine it it worked, but the jock itch still isn't gone and it's creeping further down my leg.

Yesterday, I bought some new cleansers; castile/tea tree soap, detox soap (w/charcoal), and maximum strength neem soap. I also got some tea tree powder, but realize now it has corn starch in it which probably isn't a good idea -- though it is treated corn starch. I'm also going back to the doctor today and have put a call in to the nutritionist at the Tahoma Clinic (where I bought the Tri-Quench).

This is uncomfortable, ugly, and not doing any favors for my relationship -- which is very emasculating. ANY other thoughts or help you could offer are much appreciated. I fear soon it's going to boil down to me asking others people to pray for me...

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Not sure, maybe look into MMS?

I'd lay off the anti fungals, maybe start using kefir or probiotic soap.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 am

It got so bad that I couldn't walk. The doctor took a culture and it ended up being a staph infection. I had to go on antibiotics (still am) because it was spreading down my legs. Luckily, however, it wasn't MSRA. I'm kind-of surprised that the SSKI didn't kill it off. It just dried everything out and hurt like hell.

I'm taking a 100B probiotic with the internal and topical prescription. Is there anything else you'd recommend to get my good flora up-to-speed? I'm on clindamycin which really does a number on all the bacteria in your body.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:29 am

newreg - That makes sense, I was wondering why the SSKI wasn't helping.

What does work is Manuka honey. It is effective against antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and many more types of staph infections.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rfhjr Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:34 pm

The best thing I have found for this is to make a thin liquid paste of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and boric acid powder. It will burn for a bit when it is applied but stick with it every day until the rash goes away and it should help. This rash is stubborn and may reappear but if it does just make up a new batch of paste.

rfhjr

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sat May 08, 2010 1:52 am

Antibiotics did a good job of taking care of it...until I stopped taking them. I'm back on again because the staph started to grow back. I don't want to be on antibiotics forever, so I tried some manuka honey. It seemed to be working at first, but then the staph came back pretty fierce.

I did some research and it seems that a lot of "hopeless" MRSA patients have had luck using non-irradiated garlic both topically and internally. (By the way, according to the lab, I do not have MRSA since the strain I have showed sensitivity to quite a few antibiotics.) Anyway, I've been eating a clove of garlic a day and for two days and bought this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/ALLIMED-Physician-Strength-Antiseptic-Original/dp/B001UJIWQE

I'm also considering bleach baths: 1/2 cup of regular household bleach in bathwater and staying in for 10-15 minutes.

Thoughts?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat May 08, 2010 2:53 am

NewReg,

If you try the bleach go very slow with it. The reason why I say that is I've tried it many years ago and felt very ill for a few days.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Sat May 08, 2010 3:41 am

NewReg wrote:Antibiotics did a good job of taking care of it...until I stopped taking them. I'm back on again because the staph started to grow back. I don't want to be on antibiotics forever, so I tried some manuka honey. It seemed to be working at first, but then the staph came back pretty fierce.

I did some research and it seems that a lot of "hopeless" MRSA patients have had luck using non-irradiated garlic both topically and internally. (By the way, according to the lab, I do not have MRSA since the strain I have showed sensitivity to quite a few antibiotics.) Anyway, I've been eating a clove of garlic a day and for two days and bought this stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/ALLIMED-Physician-Strength-Antiseptic-Original/dp/B001UJIWQE

I'm also considering bleach baths: 1/2 cup of regular household bleach in bathwater and staying in for 10-15 minutes.

Thoughts?

You may want to try oxygen bleach instead http://www.iherb.com/Bio-Kleen-Oxygen-Bleach-Plus-32-oz-907-g/22290?at=0

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  rfhjr Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't know about bleach when I had this stuff bleach just made mine more irritated. I had this rash off and on for about ten years tried every over the counter medicine and it would go away for a while then it would come back again. The only thing that worked for me was the topical liquid paste I made of rubbing alcohol and boric acid. Not many people know much about boric acid but it is really good for rashes especially poison ivy/oak but you use a water based solution for that. But your case may be more severe than mine was. If it does not clear up I would get a second opinion from another doctor.

rfhjr

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun May 09, 2010 6:24 am

j87x wrote:You may want to try oxygen bleach instead http://www.iherb.com/Bio-Kleen-Oxygen-Bleach-Plus-32-oz-907-g/22290?at=0
Picked up some Bio Kleen. Thanks for the recommendation. However, I have to ask is oxygen bleach really "bleach," or is it just a marketing thing. I mean, does it work the same?

rfhjr wrote:I don't know about bleach when I had this stuff bleach just made mine more irritated. I had this rash off and on for about ten years tried every over the counter medicine and it would go away for a while then it would come back again. The only thing that worked for me was the topical liquid paste I made of rubbing alcohol and boric acid. Not many people know much about boric acid but it is really good for rashes especially poison ivy/oak but you use a water based solution for that. But your case may be more severe than mine was. If it does not clear up I would get a second opinion from another doctor.
The antibiotics I have work, but it seems I have to keep using them to keep this away. And it would seem to me that resistance from the bacteria could happen if I use it for a while.

I'll consider trying your concoction, but I've put alcohol on that area and it burns like hell and irritates the skin. This irritation can break the skin and actually make me more susceptible to infection. The antibiotic ointment is working for now. I guess I'll see how things go. Thanks, guys.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Sun May 09, 2010 7:48 am

i've had a rash on my shoulder and arm for over 2 months, that hydrocortisone and moisturizer have done nothing for. Last night i began topical iosol. i got the good burn sensation that's been described, and the rash was significantly better when i woke up. i'll post back in a couple days with whether it's completely cleared up or not.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  albe Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm

The rash is clearing up in some spots, and spreading to others. Based on pictures, and from what people have said, it's either ringworm or hives. it really looks like a mix between the two, and i'm not sure which one it is. i'm going to schedule a dermatologist visit soon to check what's up with it.

albe

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue May 18, 2010 3:41 pm

Wow, some of these remedies are cruel. There's a delicate acid/alkaline balance to the skin--if the skin is too acidic it's more prone to bacterial overgrowth. If it is too alkaline it's more prone to yeast. My suggestion is an epsoms salt/hydro perioxide bath (or make a LIGHT spray that you can mist on several times a day--salt and hydro can burn too if you use too much so use a whole lot of water to salt/hydro--for the bacterial skin problem and a LIGHT apple cider vinegar/water bath (or spray) for fighting yeast. Burning your skin with hot and/or strong substances can actually bring on both yeast and bacteria--better to go slower. Also consider dusting your nuts with probiotics (I'm not kidding). You just gotta be careful. To the fella with the rash on his shoulder, I had a re-occuring rash on my chest and it was b/c I was allergic to gluten. I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying if it doesn't get resolved, it's something you may want to look into.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 am

Well, latest test came back negative for any growth (yay), but I was still experiencing A LOT of redness and sensitivity. The derm thought it might be erythrasma, but a wood's lamp showed I was infection free. She then said I might have inverse psoriasis since the redness persists even when I'm not infected. She also said that this disruption in the skin may be how I became prone to an infection there in the first place. She gave me some antifungal and cortisone samples for it. My grandfather had psoriasis, so I thought applying the medicine was was worth a try. Well, day 1 was amazing. It got 80% better in less than 24 hours. So cool. Day 2 and it was almost gone mid-day. However, by that evening it started to creep back a little and today it seems to be getting worse. This has been my experience with this crap for 6 years. Something seems like it's working at first and then goes south, quick. However, to be completely honest, this is absolutely THE CLOSEST I have come to getting better. I mean, I looked normal down there for almost two whole days, which is/was really exciting. So, I'm assuming there is something to the doctor's inverse psoriasis diagnosis. Maybe I am just having another kind of sensitivity to the meds. And to be honest, I don't want to be on them anyway.

Anyone know of any natural treatments for inverse psoriasis?

Besides the typical diet recommendations (lower sugar intake, no alcohol, limit meats, increase veggies), I have seen the following items recommended:

INTERNAL
- Berberine
- Oregon Grape Root

CLEANSERS
- Coal
- Pine Tar
- http://www.iherb.com/Derma-E-Psorzema-Body-Wash-8-fl-oz-220-ml/15222?at=0

CREMES
- http://www.iherb.com/Natralia-Eczema-Psoriasis-Cream-2-oz-56-g/9159?at=0
- http://www.comforthouse.com/psoriasiscream.html
- http://www.iherb.com/Derma-E-Psorzema-Creme-4-oz-113-g/11075?at=0

The other thing to consider here though is that a lot of these are for traditional psoriasis and mine is inverse psoriasis. It's not best to promote moisture in that region for risk of bacterial and fungal growth.

Thoughts before I go spend a crapload of money?

Thanks.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu May 27, 2010 2:05 am

rfhjr wrote:The best thing I have found for this is to make a thin liquid paste of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and boric acid powder. It will burn for a bit when it is applied but stick with it every day until the rash goes away and it should help. This rash is stubborn and may reappear but if it does just make up a new batch of paste.
Still exploring options and was interested in trying boric acid out. However, seems it can lead to testicular atrophy even with short-term exposure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boric_acid I definitely don't want to take my chances with that.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down