Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Question about Iodine, thyroid. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question about Iodine, thyroid.

+9
Espio
europe
Joejoebaggins
lund
ganny
CausticSymmetry
nidhogge
scottyc33
Icanbeatthis
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question about Iodine, thyroid. Empty Question about Iodine, thyroid.

Post  Icanbeatthis Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:39 am

Hey,

I started on the regimen about 1 month and a half ago, I made a post here explaining my situtation back then but the gist of it is that I am 23 years old and starting to have a receding hairline. It's still early so I'm hopeful that I can turn it around. At this point obviously it's too early to see any regrowth so I'm trying not to worry about it for now. I'm more focused on dealing with the health issues that could be the cause of all this crap. I have bad anxiety and I always feel cold in my hands and feet, my thyroid tests came back normal when I got them done 2 years back. I am currently taking Adrenal glandulars but I'm not sure if it's doing anything. Other than the top 6 I'm also taking Ohhira's and Chlorella daily (a good dosage about 10 grams). I definitely feel somewhat better since starting all of this but I still feel spaced out and prone to bouts of uncontrollable anxiety. I'm thinking Iodine might help but although I do have some symptoms of hypothyroid, I read that people with thyroid issues usualy gain alot of weight. I have always been very thin other than 1 year or so when I was about 10 years old. I got pretty chubby but it went away fast. Could I still have a problem? Shouldn't the chlorella be providing enough Iodine anyway? I'm just a bit puzzled, I was expecting this cold feeling to go away with adrenal supplements but it's not happening, it's at it's worst when I wake up for some reason. If it's of any relevance, I also have what is called a geographic tongue. I have had it since early childhood and have tried everything. I can slow it down but never make it go away.

Sorry for the chunk of text haha! Just hope anyone can help me progress!

Thanks.

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Question about Iodine, thyroid. Empty Re: Question about Iodine, thyroid.

Post  scottyc33 Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:54 am

How's your diet?

What's your caffeine intake?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:26 am

I recommend Phosphatidylserine, 600mgs a day. EndoAmp is a good product from Primordial Performance as it's powdered, and 800mgs a day. Neuro-PS is another one from Puritan.com. This will keep your cortisol levels down, test levels up, and will help to deal with anxiety. Something you can do on your own to control your anxiety is to try to "live in the moment" if you will--sight, sound, smell, hearing, touch, and taste. Focus on your senses and surroundings and it can sometimes be pretty euphoric. Great for killing anxiety--at least for me!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:00 am

My diet is what most would call impecable. Zero caffeine, zero processed anything (no cheating), no milk or common allergens. I mostly eat clean meat and veggies with some occasional oatmeal. A little fruit, not too much. I use coconut oil for cooking and olive oil for salad dressing and fat. Pretty much only good stuff!

Thanks for the tips Nidhogge. I'm definitely tackling the anxiety from a psychological perspective aswell but sometimes it's completely overbearing, my mind races so much that I can't seem to stop it. Btw if you could PM me some details about your helmets i'd be grateful! I'd like to know stuff such as price, shipping fees, time frame etc...

Thanks!

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:26 am

Icanbeatthis - Geographic tongue is associated with an iodine deficiency. Chlorella would not be enough as far as iodine goes. I would recommend getting on Iodoral or Lugols' solution at two drops per day or 12.5 milligrams.

Weight gain is not always a factor in low thyroid. There are many slender people with the condition, particularly those susceptible to higher anxiety levels.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Caustic, I would also add that geographic tongue can reflect an unhealthy bowel and candida overgrowth. I've had GT since 1998 and although I don't get it half as bad as I used to--just minor patches now and then--I think it improves when I mega-dose on it Acidophilus. Dr. Ohira's probiotic is definitely helping, reducing the appearance of cracks in my tongue and generally improving the overall appearance of my tongue as well. Many doctors believe that detoxifying the colon will help to cure or reduce GT as well as inflammatory conditions like psoriasis. I really believe that probiotics are a godsend in this regard.

It's also typical for GT sufferers to have inflamed papillae as well as infrequent/moderate/severe patching of the tongue. For me, one benefit of the taking the top six is that my tongue feels smoother and my papillae feel almost normal size. I still have a ways to go, but I believe the regimen is helping.

Also, overuse of antibiotics can often cause GT.

I'm also low thyroid and wouldn't be surprised if iodine deficiency was a major culprit in GT. I'm eager to try Lugol's! However, I confess that I'm a little scared of taking iodine because of how strongly doctors come out against it. The entry about Lugol's in wikipedia didn't help either. Can you explain (I know you've gone over this) why Lugol's is safe, and why these doctors are so sheepish about recommending it.

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:15 pm

ganny - I totally agree. I think I've written a handful of articles ripping the medical community for being iodine phobic.

But here are some points:

The fears about iodine are totally based on two things (1) Erroneous research and (2) Confusion with toxic iodine.

It's one of the safest minerals in the world. Your thyroid will use a 100 times what it needs before it releases it to other tissues, and the rest of your tissues need iodine.

90% of thyroid cases whether it is hyper or hypo are resolved with iodine replenishment. The medical establishment has no interest in resolving these facts, because it does not impact the bottom line. Only drug research does, so they are not likely to change this opinion anytime soon.

The fact that we still use fluoride in your water is just one reason in a thousand to demonstrate the lack of interest in effective and safe medicine in establishment today.

Research both Dr. Guy Abraham and Dr. David Bernstein about Iodine.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:31 pm

I just bought two bottles of Lugols...gonna give it a try. : )

Thanks!

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:22 am

I'm looking at getting lugol's here http://www.swansonvitamins.com/LGS001/ItemDetail?n=4294967185 would this be good? Is the 2% formula enough?

I hate the shipping costs to Canada from swanson but I don't know anywhere else that I could get this from. Any idea?

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:42 am

Icanbeatthis - If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you'll find the 5% version. I don't know about their shipping, but hopefully it will be cheaper.

http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:26 am

Ok, so I'm about to order some Lugol's solution.

Just to make sure, this is what I'm looking for right?

http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1705

And when I do get this, realisticaly what can I expect from it? Do you think it's a big missing link for men losing their hair? The japanese population has a high iodine intake and look at them, hair loss is much less prevalent there.

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:52 am

Icanbeatthis - That's the right stuff. Unfortunately, iodine is just one of many factors, but it can be crucial for some of us.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:00 pm

Caustic,

I got two bottles of this one:

http://www.bloodrootproducts.com/Cancer-lugol's-lugols-Iodine-5-Percent-Solution-P15.html

Good?

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Ganny - That is the correct stuff.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Now you said that Iodine deficiency and geographic tongue are linked, I tried doing some research but couldn't find anything. Any articles on it you could link me to?

Also if I wanted to apply Iodine topicaly on my temples (the only bald spots so far) would you say that could potentialy help? Should I dilute it first?

Thanks alot for your time, really appreciated!

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:48 am

Ican--

No dilution necessary, apply straight to the temples. It's a great topical anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, etc. and may result in regrowth. Only issue is messiness on your pillow--I suggest letting it dry and laying down a towel on your pillow just in case as well.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks man!

So a drop per temple that I kinda smear around? Does it discolor hair?

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:52 pm

So I got my lugol's 5% last friday, started taking it and experienced an energy boost. I feel more mentaly alert but I am getting REALLY bad chills, constantly. I feel extremely cold all the time. Should this be something to be worried about or is it an adjustment period?

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Iodine can move a bunch of stuff in your system. Toxins being one of them.

Educate yourself a little bit reading from this web site regarding Iodine supplementation, it's reactions and possible remedies:

http://curezone.com/faq/c.asp?a=13,281,2962

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:00 am

Ican--

You won't get anything dyed in terms of your hair, just washing your face in the morning and hair will wash it out. Smile The chills I think are called a Herxeimer Reaction, they should subside over a small period of time.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:30 pm

Guys is it possible the Lugol's could be making me hypothyroid? I'm definitely losing more hair when I wash it (I barely lost any before, I only have mild temporal recession) and my eyebrow hair and general body hair seems like it's getting thinner or falls out easier. Should I ride this out? I am a bit scared here, but all the research I've done on Iodine point to it being VERY beneficial and very safe.

Second question, I have been looking into getting the Brewer's Yeast from twinlabs, it's a very nutritionaly dense food and seems like it provides all sorts of trace minerals and vitamins in a very bioavailable package. My only concern is the yeast factor but from what I know the yeast is inactive and dead at this point....Shouldn't cause any problems right? I was looking at the twinlabs brand on Iherb. Seems like a really solid product. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:50 am

Icanbeatthis wrote:Guys is it possible the Lugol's could be making me hypothyroid? I'm definitely losing more hair when I wash it (I barely lost any before, I only have mild temporal recession) and my eyebrow hair and general body hair seems like it's getting thinner or falls out easier. Should I ride this out? I am a bit scared here, but all the research I've done on Iodine point to it being VERY beneficial and very safe.

Second question, I have been looking into getting the Brewer's Yeast from twinlabs, it's a very nutritionaly dense food and seems like it provides all sorts of trace minerals and vitamins in a very bioavailable package. My only concern is the yeast factor but from what I know the yeast is inactive and dead at this point....Shouldn't cause any problems right? I was looking at the twinlabs brand on Iherb. Seems like a really solid product. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Your adrenals might not be ready for it. Iodine speeds up thyroid which puts stress on adrenals if they're weak. Try to support them while taking it, or give iodine a break and support them for a while.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 am

Icanbeatthis - I second JJB, see what happens.

Regarding brewer's yeast. It's totally safe--it does not cause yeast problems. There was once fears, but this has been proven to be false.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks, I'll drop down to 1 drop every other day.

I'm already using adrenal glandulars from Nutriocology and taking Vit C in good doses everyday. What else should I use to support my adrenals?

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:40 am

Icanbeatthis wrote:Thanks, I'll drop down to 1 drop every other day.

I'm already using adrenal glandulars from Nutriocology and taking Vit C in good doses everyday. What else should I use to support my adrenals?

B5, B6 (B6 in P5P form is really important for pretty much everything)

Maybe adoptogens as well ashwagandha, rhodiola, phosphatidylserine, holy basil, theanine, bacopa.

If you want to be really thorough, get a heavy metals test. They can be the DIRECT CAUSE of unhealthy adrenals.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next