Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea"

4 posters

Go down

"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" Empty "Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea"

Post  blueway Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:53 pm

blueway

Back to top Go down

"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" Empty Re: "Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea"

Post  soccerguy Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 am

Yea, Ive watched all this guys videos before. His idea is to fix other things like cortisol, prolactin etc first which should in turn fix your thyroid. Kind of reverse of what is being said here; fix your thyroid and that should help to fix other imbalances. Both seem to make some convincing arguments, but this guy acts like even though iodine is essential you should avoid it at all costs. That doesnt seem to make much sense since you def need at least some iodine for proper thyroid function. The thing he doesnt address that I would ask him is by his theory hashimotos and other thyroid autoimmune diseases should be incredibly higher in places like Japan than the rest of the world but as far as I know they are not. Basically he says, "you want to give yourself an autoimmune disease then take iodine."

soccerguy

Back to top Go down

"Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea" Empty Re: "Low Thyroid and Iodine Is a Bad Idea"

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:09 am

Yes, exactly we've seen this video before and as often said, it seems every month on here this is a new question about concern over iodine. It really is the most misunderstood nutrient.

I copied pasted this from something I wrote earlier:

In the 1800's and early 1900's iodine was used for "everything" it really was considered a do everything substance and it was the first medicine. It's only when researchers got some things wrong did the confusion develop.

Consider that physicians are generally decades behind current research.

Iodine should be looked at holistically. A major disconnect with nutrition in the research is that nutrients do not work best in isolation, yet that is how most of them are studied.

The reason why iodine is feared beyond the teaching in the incorrect textbooks (which are only written by two doctors by the way), is because when an unfavorable action happens, it scares both the patient and the doctor and then they will assume that they heard "right about" iodine.

Let's explain what needs to happen for there to be a bad reaction in the first place.

If you have high intracellular calcium (this usually happens with a magnesium shortage), combined with high levels of goitrogens (halogen or other iodine block substances) and a very low level of iodine in the body.

Starting slow with iodine is a good idea if you're worried, because with high doses, it will detoxify or pull out toxic halides from the body, so side-effects will occur. Salt loading, Mg, and C and reduces these effects.

Taking antioxidants can also minimizes these effects.

When there is a very sharp adverse effect, the very kind doctors are so paranoid about, there is a way to possible tell of the risk before hand.

This involves getting an iodide loading test. If you figure to be low on iodine but yet show an over 90% excretion rate for iodine, there is a problem, because if you believe that you are low and yet you show having full sufficiency. So on an initial iodine loading test, above 90% excretion is a lot for a first test.

Getting a full iodine sufficiency on a first test is not only rare, but when it happens during an apparently deficiency, based upon symptoms, there maybe a defect, that needs to be support holistically. This particular instance needs some caution. Salt loading and other measures will be needed.

Lots of fundamental info here and some technical info too.

http://www.nutri-linkltd.co.uk/articulate/brownstein/part3/player.html

http://www.nutri-linkltd.co.uk/articulate/brownstein/part4/player.html

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:56 am

I'm sure this guy is a great example for iodine deficiency... notice the hair, the feature-less face, the lack of eyebrows. You can tell he avoids this stuff at all costs. I watched this video a while back, and it actually got me interested in starting iodine, believe it or not, on more or less his indecisiveness and method of treatment. I'm not sure what his patients consisted of, but how about the many people that have had success from iodine. So many testimonials from people on the web with obvious "underperforming" thyroids with cold feet, hands, etc, that had reversal of these symptoms. How anyone can avoid iodine loading is beyond me. The scare tactics are insane. The healthiest cultures in the world (Japanese, and inner-Asians) had diets with this stuff from seafood, salt and raw milk. I've never felt better since taking it.

His idea is to fix other things like cortisol, prolactin etc first which should in turn fix your thyroid. Kind of reverse of what is being said here; fix your thyroid and that should help to fix other imbalances.

Exactly... The organs themselves are what produce and control... the slaves don't own the masters....
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down