Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I want to gain mass. EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I want to gain mass. EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I want to gain mass. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I want to gain mass. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I want to gain mass. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I want to gain mass. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
I want to gain mass. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I want to gain mass. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
I want to gain mass. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I want to gain mass.

+7
tooyoung
nidhogge
Nocturnalhorse
Balthier
LittleFighter
elan164
redhead
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I want to gain mass. Empty I want to gain mass.

Post  redhead Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:02 am

i am skinny and 26 years old..i have always been like this...but now i wud like to gain mass..please suggest supplements etc which can help me in this without any ill effect on my hair....i am already fighting with hair loss with some thinning.

redhead

Back to top Go down

I want to gain mass. Empty Re: I want to gain mass.

Post  elan164 Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 am

Raw unpasturized milk
Grass fed, hormone free whey protein
chlorella growth factor
8 hrs of deep sleep, no light
cold bedroom
meats and veggies
compound exercises
warrior diet - anabolic effect

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 am

Good carbs TOO.

Rice, potatoes, tubers....

No wheat, grains or legumes though.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:55 am

To avoid being demonized by Danny Roddy, for dietary adivice refer to the following books:

- Protein Power
- The Perfect Health Diet
- The Paleo Solution
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Muscle mass I assume why not lift weights,or do you already? Coconut milk is pretty good and tasty Cool

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:07 pm

redhead wrote:i am skinny and 26 years old..i have always been like this...but now i wud like to gain mass..please suggest supplements etc which can help me in this without any ill effect on my hair....i am already fighting with hair loss with some thinning.

Raw milk, steak and eggs, veggies,carbs ( sweet potato, yams, buckwheat, brown rice ) 5+ calorie dense meals a day.
8-9 hours of sleep everynight, afternoon naps if possible.
Books..

1 Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe
2 Stronger by Dave Tate
3 5 3 1 By Jim Wendler
4 Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel Tsatsouline
5 The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
6 Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
7 Living lowcarb, 150 healthiest foods on earth by Jonny Bowden

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Raw Milk'll cost you your hair as well, learned this from personal experience. Incredibly healthy stuff though.

You need to focus on how to work out properly as well--purchase "The New Bodybuilding for Old School Results" by Dr. Ellington Darden. You'll thank me a 1000x over for this advice once you start reading through the book.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:29 pm

elan - I'm just curious. How does a cold bedroom help people gain mass?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:22 am

Optimum anabolics is a great book!
Basically you have 3 week cycles:
First 3 weeks you increase workload(weights, sets, restperiods), second 3 weeks decrease workload and so on.
Protein cycles:
3 weeks high protein, 3 weeks low protein, 3 weeks very high protein-repeat

If you want to gain mass you need to learn to eat! Get used to eating as much as you can every few hours. View eating as a challenge and feel awesome when you succeed!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:14 am

Nocturnalhorse wrote:
redhead wrote:i am skinny and 26 years old..i have always been like this...but now i wud like to gain mass..please suggest supplements etc which can help me in this without any ill effect on my hair....i am already fighting with hair loss with some thinning.

Raw milk, steak and eggs, veggies,carbs ( sweet potato, yams, buckwheat, brown rice ) 5+ calorie dense meals a day.
8-9 hours of sleep everynight, afternoon naps if possible.
Books..

1 Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe
2 Stronger by Dave Tate
3 5 3 1 By Jim Wendler
4 Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel Tsatsouline
5 The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
6 Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
7 Living lowcarb, 150 healthiest foods on earth by Jonny Bowden

5+ calorie dense meals is actually one of the worst things you can do. Cycle carbs instead and not more than once a day. You do want insuline spike (after wotkout or even a couple of hours later in the evening) but not insuline resistance. Undereating before exercising (especially carbs, fat&protein is ok some 3-4 hours before) actually helps to gain muscles tremendously.

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:05 am

Prague, my definition of calorie dense meal is grass fed liver cooked in coconut oil, with some raw spinach and avacado on the side drizzled with evo and balsamic vinegar. Not the conventional meals which bodybuilding magazines propogate. Second of all when I said carbs ( starchy ) like yams, sweet potato I meant that they are a better option as opposed to pasta and bread. Now how one incorporates those in their diet will vary from individual to individual. I also feel that a beginner or a novice who is new to the game especially someone who is an ectomorph ( hardgainer ) following a mass-strength training protocols by squatting 3 days a week and doing deads, power cleans etc is better off eating frequently, developing good eating habits in order to support those excruciating workouts. Intermittent fasting etc will come much later.

I generally undereat before my workout and have made some of the best strength gains following that protocol but then again I have come across several more individuals who perform much better after eating something prior to the workout. Different folks, different strokes.

Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:07 am

nidhogge wrote:Raw Milk'll cost you your hair as well, learned this from personal experience. Incredibly healthy stuff though.

You need to focus on how to work out properly as well--purchase "The New Bodybuilding for Old School Results" by Dr. Ellington Darden. You'll thank me a 1000x over for this advice once you start reading through the book.

Tolerance for raw milk will vary from person to person. For me I have seen a great improvement in my hair since I incorporated raw dairy in the form of milk, kefir and yogurt in my diet. Having said that it is a very small part of my diet.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:17 am

To avoid being demonized by Danny Roddy

LittleFighter - What do you mean by this? Do you not this his diet works?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:22 am

tooyoung wrote:elan - I'm just curious. How does a cold bedroom help people gain mass?

Colder room temps, lower your body temps, which will help put you in a deeper sleep. Along with complete darkess and youll release more melatonin and growth hormone.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:24 am

I'm guessing because a little colder temp supposedly affect sleep in a positive way as long as your feet and hands stay warm.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/mercola23.1.html

[quote="tooyoung"]elan - I'm just curious. How does a cold bedroom help people gain mass?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 am

You dont want to be cold per say, you just want your room cool, so youre not sweating under your sheets. You actaully need to be covered everywhere to stay warm for the night. Thats how i sleep now, along with a night mask and im having the best, deepest, dream induced sleeps i ever have.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:50 am

Nocturnalhorse wrote:Prague, my definition of calorie dense meal is grass fed liver cooked in coconut oil, with some raw spinach and avacado on the side drizzled with evo and balsamic vinegar. Not the conventional meals which bodybuilding magazines propogate. Second of all when I said carbs ( starchy ) like yams, sweet potato I meant that they are a better option as opposed to pasta and bread. Now how one incorporates those in their diet will vary from individual to individual. I also feel that a beginner or a novice who is new to the game especially someone who is an ectomorph ( hardgainer ) following a mass-strength training protocols by squatting 3 days a week and doing deads, power cleans etc is better off eating frequently, developing good eating habits in order to support those excruciating workouts. Intermittent fasting etc will come much later.

I generally undereat before my workout and have made some of the best strength gains following that protocol but then again I have come across several more individuals who perform much better after eating something prior to the workout. Different folks, different strokes.

I get your point, we'd agree on everything. Eating prior to workout is quite tricky: the goal is to be insuline sensitive, which one can do avoiding carbs and eating some fat/protein prior to the WO - that's what i do in training phases. But you're right, you can boost your performance by eating some carbs prior to the WO but IMO/IME you decrease the postWO anabolic effect (good for competition season). A good compromise could be some little protein/carbs before a workout, followed by fat/protein postWO meal and a high carb meal as the last one of the day. IMO the "postWO window" for carbs consumption is quite long (longer than protein window), i'd say even 12h

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:56 am

tooyoung wrote:

i haven't read the book but I like Danny's approach, he definitely knows what he's talking about and is able to use his brain on his own

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:16 am

Prague wrote:
Nocturnalhorse wrote:Prague, my definition of calorie dense meal is grass fed liver cooked in coconut oil, with some raw spinach and avacado on the side drizzled with evo and balsamic vinegar. Not the conventional meals which bodybuilding magazines propogate. Second of all when I said carbs ( starchy ) like yams, sweet potato I meant that they are a better option as opposed to pasta and bread. Now how one incorporates those in their diet will vary from individual to individual. I also feel that a beginner or a novice who is new to the game especially someone who is an ectomorph ( hardgainer ) following a mass-strength training protocols by squatting 3 days a week and doing deads, power cleans etc is better off eating frequently, developing good eating habits in order to support those excruciating workouts. Intermittent fasting etc will come much later.

I get your point, we'd agree on everything. Eating prior to workout is quite tricky: the goal is to be insuline sensitive, which one can do avoiding carbs and eating some fat/protein prior to the WO - that's what i do in training phases. But you're right, you can boost your performance by eating some carbs prior to the WO but IMO/IME you decrease the postWO anabolic effect (good for competition season). A good compromise could be some little protein/carbs before a workout, followed by fat/protein postWO meal and a high carb meal as the last one of the day. IMO the "postWO window" for carbs consumption is quite long (longer than protein window), i'd say even 12h

For me personally I feel sluggish and am unable to workout if I consume any carbs before my workout. Although I prefer to train on empty stomach for most part I function much better on protein-fat meals as opposed to protein-carb meals. The only time I have a small serving of carbs is postworkout which also happens to be my last meal of the day. After workout it's creatine, glutamine, magnesium, taurine, vitamin C with just plain water. I follow that up 30-45 mins later with a solid meal consisting of grass fed meat, veggies and some carbs in the form of ( buckwheat, yams, potato, brown rice or quinoa ). Protein/fat mostly during the day and Protein/carb meal postworkout ( last meal ) only on workout days, four days a week. I also follow a diet close to Warrior's with some IF thrown in and I have never looked better physically including hair plus still making consistent strength gains every week.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:54 am

great disscussion going on guys...this forum has so rich discussion and i love this forum

coming to my ques, the fact is that i dont work out and also i dont have time to work out right now...only goal i want to achieve is to gain mass with balanced bmi without hurting my hair at all,i am arnd 10 kilo lesser than ideal weight of my height.i know i am looking for a shorter route and i shd read books suggested by you ppl..i will do that ,still want your suggestions

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:23 am

Prague wrote:A good compromise could be some little protein/carbs before a workout, followed by fat/protein postWO meal and a high carb meal as the last one of the day. IMO the "postWO window" for carbs consumption is quite long (longer than protein window), i'd say even 12h
I think the opposit is true. There is certainly no windo PW where you shouldn't eat protein after! Insuin spike is most usefull right after workout and as a last meal not recommended because it lowers HGH which is highest at the first hours of sleep. Lastly be carefull with fat after workout, even though it pushes testosterone and does other godd things, it also slows the absorbtion of protein.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:27 am

Prague wrote:
tooyoung wrote:

i haven't read the book but I like Danny's approach, he definitely knows what he's talking about and is able to use his brain on his own

I've read his book. His quick start guide suggests a diet of only meat/fish and potatoes. You mentioned earlier in the thread:

"Cycle carbs instead and not more than once a day. You do want insuline spike (after wotkout or even a couple of hours later in the evening) but not insuline resistance."

Would you say a diet of meat and potatoes only would not be good?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:37 am

@redhead

Try to avoid the bad stuff(search the forum) as much as you can but don't lower your calorie intake because of it. You want to eat more calories than you burn-wheight gain. To do this, first of all try to eat regulary every 2,5 hours. After that you may eat every 2 or 1.5 hours-It sounds a lot but when you eat more often you get hungry easily!
Eat all animal products you can but try to get godd quality and avoid milk if you have problems with it. Rice and potatoes are good for carbs and you can variate. Vegetables, fruits-just eat what you can it doesn't matter much.
Best tip: Start to work out! Skinny guys don't get fat easily but they build muscle like everyone else. If you don't have time, take it. 1 hour a day is more than enough.

Sorry for my bad english in the last posts-I'm in a hurry

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:44 am

Doesn't stuff like the warrior diet oppose what people are suggesting? Eat 2 or so big meals with intermittent fasting?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:33 am

Warrior diet is this:

Small protein/veggies low carb breakfast
Small protein/veggies low carb lunch/or nothing
Large dinner - protein/carb/veggies - biggest meal of the day.

Limited foods throughout the day create an anabolic effect, you have more energy because your body isnt spending energy digesting. Then you have a large dinner at the end of the day to signal your body in to repair mode after the days work. You body utilizes energy to digest the food and therefore you become tired/less energy and are ready to go to bed in a couple hrs and have your body repair during a proper deep rem sleep. The morning upon wakening is your detox, drink lemon water or something along those lines. I always have a bowel movement upon wakening.

Thats my take on it.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next