Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears

+10
sanderson
NYJets
CausticSymmetry
theseeker86
iuyyighghghgkh
Elessar
Changexpert
gorilla_power
missymoo
Shades
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears Empty Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears

Post  Shades Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:21 pm

i'm a 20 year old healthy male, suffering slight MPB at an nw1.5. Sometimes I check around my head and pull areas to see where im losing the most hair. I'm losing ungodly amounts around the ear area. Just above the sideburns and surrounding the ears, this area has thick wiry curly hair rather than the straight hair that covers the rest of my head.

In these areas im losing stupid amounts of hair, like I pulled a section of my right upper sideburn just now, 5 hairs, betwixt my fingers. I can pull around these areas and get tons of hair. Whereas in my actual MPB suffering areas (my temples) I lose fairly minimal hair.

Also I dont know if im imagining or not, but my upper sideburns hair seems super sparse. What is this, is this just a form of MPB, if so i've not seen it before, does it have to do with my health.

Current regimen per day
-5000IU Vitamin D3
-Vitamin K (not sure how much)
-Zinc 1 tablet not sure how much
-Cod liver oil

Shades

Back to top Go down

Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears Empty Re: Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears

Post  missymoo Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:48 am

Hair loss at the sides can be related to thyroid

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears Empty Re: Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears

Post  gorilla_power Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Because the lymph there is stagnant and suffocates the follicles.
Btw i hope you did understand that supplements are crap.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:24 am

Some people are very sensitive to vitamin D supplements. I am one of them. Oral vitamin D has been controversial. I would cut it back to 1000 iu if you are really deficient on it. Of course, the best way to increase vitamin D level is sunlight.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 am

I have exactly the same problem. Diffuse hairloss with seb.dermatitis and the hair around my ears,  neck and sideburns are really curly and thats the places where I also shed most hair. My sideburns will be Soon be nonexistant.
I got a lightbrown haircolor, but some of the hair i shed from these areas can be really dark. I mean almost black kind of dark.

If CS see this. Do you have any knowledge about this?

edit.
Took a fresh pic of two fresh picked strands of hair just to show ya difference. Plucked from the same spot just above the ear.
The left is my normal haircolor, light brownish. And you can the the right one is really dark.
They are also very short, like 5 cm maybe? meanwhile my overall hair length is maybe 15cm+. Shows that the majority of my hair there never really gets to grow in peace, sheds and regrows all the time...
Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears NoI3CoQ

Last edited by Elessar on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:26 am; edited 3 times in total

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:14 am

Shades wrote:

Current regimen per day
-5000IU Vitamin D3
-Cod liver oil

shambles of a regimen if being honest

drop the zinc

drop the cod liver oil

maybe drop the d3

It's impossible to say what is causing your hair loss.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:35 am

Why drop the zinc?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:53 am

theseeker86 wrote:Why drop the zinc?

it's adding nothing

but subtracting a lot

It should be taken with taurine anyway, taurine and zinc potentiate each other

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:18 pm

ok, so if one is taking zinc they should be taking taurine with it?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:16 pm

missymoo wrote:Hair loss at the sides can be related to thyroid

Probably correct.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm

gorilla_power wrote:Because the lymph there is stagnant and suffocates the follicles.
Btw i hope you did understand that supplements are crap.

gorilla_power = highest recorded number for being banned on this forum ever

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Shades wrote:i'm a 20 year old healthy male, suffering slight MPB at an nw1.5. Sometimes I check around my head and pull areas to see where im losing the most hair. I'm losing ungodly amounts around the ear area. Just above the sideburns and surrounding the ears, this area has thick wiry curly hair rather than the straight hair that covers the rest of my head.

In these areas im losing stupid amounts of hair, like I pulled a section of my right upper sideburn just now, 5 hairs, betwixt my fingers. I can pull around these areas and get tons of hair. Whereas in my actual MPB suffering areas (my temples) I lose fairly minimal hair.

Also I dont know if im imagining or not, but my upper sideburns hair seems super sparse. What is this, is this just a form of MPB, if so i've not seen it before, does it have to do with my health.

Current regimen per day
-5000IU Vitamin D3
-Cod liver oil

This sounds very similar to the way my HL started. I used to have such thick and curly hair above the ears and then it thinned out with the temples receeding yet my hair remained very thick until diffuse kicked in. Let me ask you a few things. How's your sleep and stress levels? Any anxiety or depression or trouble focusing?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:48 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:Why drop the zinc?

it's adding nothing

but subtracting a lot

It should be taken with taurine anyway, taurine and zinc potentiate each other

care to share why you think this? I've gotten positive results from zinc and zinc alone.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:18 pm

i have the same thing man. i'm pretty sure mine started when i started using iodine. i don't know why. it was suggested to up selenium and it would help. i did, but i'm not sure i really noticed anything. i should try again with only selenium and see what happens. i made it go away completely by going on a vegan based diet like just eating beans, vegetables, and carbs. the itching around my ears stopped, which makes me think it's related to some kind of food allergy or something. however, being on the vegan diet, i started looking like complete shit. i don't know why or if it was in my head or what, but i'm pretty sure my complexion was getting horrible. maybe not enough sugar, i don't know.

honestly i don't know what's going on anymore with it. nofap makes all itching stop, however, i don't know how long it takes to stop loss completely.

how's your water intake? i'm starting to think my water intake could be low and contributing to a lot of problems.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  turbojet Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:19 am

I have the same issue. It started a few years back when experimenting with high dose iodine. Has anyone regrown in this area?

Totally disagree with the zinc comment above. In 15 years of research and experimentation low dose zinc (~15mg/day) is the most effective immune booster I've found.

turbojet

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:04 am

I unfortunately have a similar situation... I did large doses of Iodine as part of a natural hair loss protocol and now the hairs on the side are curly, and a dull dark gray whereas the rest of my hair is a bright blonde. I have to cut the hairs down there because it looks so bad when it grows out... I really wish I'd never bothered with that regimen and just focused on blocking DHT and manuals, but it is too late to go back. I've not noticed hair loss in that area but then again I haven't really been focusing on it too much given I have never expected to lose anything from there.

I'm interested in taurine and zinc. Zinc is the only supplement I take, but taurine was another of the very few supps that I like. I may consider adding taurine if the benefits are good enough.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:05 am

glad to see at least we know iodine is the cause, just based off the 3 of us having the same experience. i think we are missing some other nutrient because i took a multi and i noticed the itching on the side went away. i dont think its selenium because i have taken selenium on its own and it did not have the same effect. although possible it wasn't "high enough", but i'm not sure multi's have a lot of it.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Why am I losing mass amounts of hair around my ears Empty I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

Post  Jossie13 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  I hope you get better. Thank You for sharing. Sad
Jossie13
Jossie13

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Iodine gets trapped in the thyroid blocking the channels that lead to the sides of the head.
You all said it: '' it is related to thyroid''...
Some people argue that the thyroid gets swollen first because it really is deficient in iodine so
the thyroid swells to trap the iodine.
I dont buy into this.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:54 am

gorilla_power wrote:Iodine gets trapped in the thyroid blocking the channels that lead to the sides of the head.
Some people argue that the thyroid gets swollen first because it really is deficient in iodine so
I dont buy  into this.

i thought iodine fueled the thyroid though?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:22 am

sanderson wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:Iodine gets trapped in the thyroid blocking the channels that lead to the sides of the head.
I dont buy  into this.

Chemical iodine is a corrosive acid that burns pretty bad when in contact
with the skin.
Not a good idea to drink it.
The metallic taste and smell warns you against doing so.

In healthcare everything is upside down.The bad is represented as good.And the good
is represented as bad.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:13 am

gorilla_power wrote:
sanderson wrote:
I dont buy  into this.

with the skin.

In healthcare everything is upside down.The bad is represented as good.And the good
is represented as bad.

I crave the stuff, btw.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:24 am

gorilla_power wrote:
sanderson wrote:
I dont buy  into this.

with the skin.

is represented as bad.

i don't think anywhere in healthcare says iodine is good to take? if anything, it is the opposite, it is mostly on this site saying it is good. the argument is that it's selenium that is needed, but i havent found this to be the case.

what if someone were to take T4 or T3 or a combo or a dessicated thyroid like armour? roddy takes a T3 & T4 combo.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Shades Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm planning on improving and adding to the regimen soon, im just waiting on some IH supplements to arrive, they are hella late, been taking months, i'm starting to worry if they're coming at all.

My sleep is pretty decent, and I aint got alot of stress

And to those knocking my current regiment, I will say one thing, my Testosterone levels since starting this regimen are absolutely booming, my libido hasn't been this high since I was 16.

Shades

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:14 pm

Beebrox wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:
sanderson wrote:
I dont buy  into this.

with the skin.

is represented as bad.

I crave the stuff, btw.

Acids kill tissues.Good luck.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next