Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ?

+2
Nocturnalhorse
fender89
6 posters

Go down

Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? Empty Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ?

Post  fender89 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:42 am

Hi all.

So from what i hear, bread and pasta, or any "white flour" food is really bad for hair.

Can anyone recommend any alternatives to these foods? it's hard to just cut them out and then not fill the void. like, i miss sandwiches lol. is brown bread ok or what?

unfortuently i can't avoid gluten, as i still live at home, being pretty young still, and my mum does the shopping and cooking.

fender89

Back to top Go down

Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? Empty Re: Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ?

Post  Nocturnalhorse Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:55 pm

Maybe one of the following... buckwheat, brown rice, sweet potato, yams.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ? Empty Re: Alternative to bread, pasta etc.. ?

Post  4039 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Also try Quinoa, which has twice the protein of typical grains. In fact, it's also a complete source of protein... unlike eggs, dairy and meat. The best brown rice source is basmati, tons of fiber, tastes great with an ultra low glycemic index. Anything gluten-free works great in my diet, including oatmeal, might be the same for you as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Also cut those refined sugars in half, replace them with stevia liquid extract. Once your palate adapts, you will have the same pleasurable sugary sensation without suffering glycation end products. Anything that causes a breakdown in proteins is bad for the skin and hair.

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:00 pm

thanks for the suggestions! bounce

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:34 pm

maybe you could convince her to let you(or her) make sourdough bread,or if a place makes it near you make sure they don't add gluten and other bad ingredients even if it is white/wheat flour the gluten will have less of an impact still get unbleached and unbrominated flour which is widely available if you do this.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivier89 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 pm

You can also try sprouted bread made from sprouted grains, it has a low glycemic index and it's full of nutrients, fibers, proteins, protective antioxidants, simple sugars, etc... I find it at my local organic store and it helped me to stop white flour bread when i started my regimen.

Olivier89

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am

oats and oat flour don't have gluten if they are not cross contaminated with wheat I think it's the same with corn bobs red mill sells oats that are specifically not contaminated gluten free. Besides quinoa which was mentioned there's amaranth too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:18 am

I second Balthier. Sourdough bread is made with lactic acid that neutralizes most of the gluten. It does not raise blood sugar like other wheat breads.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  fender89 Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 am

thanks alot guys appreciate all the info. pirat

fender89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down