Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O

5 posters

Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:18 am

Is that normal? I mean it might be all the energy from it, but yeah I just feel like... even my insides feel twitchy lol

Is that ok? Or does that imply an intolerance? In the past I would always put it down to anxiety, but it does seem like the gluten caused this, not that I'm saying I necessarily have a problem with gluten, just that it seems odd.

Oh well, that was it really Smile

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty Gluten.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:49 am

Gluten Sensitivities can present themselves in a multitude of ways.
From my own experience, it started as discomfort to present in my skin, then I began feeling a lot of discomfort in my lower stomach, followed by a lot of mood swings / depression, weight gain, massive fatigue, the list goes on. I let this go for far too long (the SSRI's I was taking for that one aspect of this condition (thanks Doc) didn't help there) and it lead to me being a very sick person.

These problems present themselves differently in a lot of cases, and sadly I haven't read anywhere why that is, even through Dangerous Grains there little scientific knowledge past what you could get with some internet digging.

My recommendation is to eat NOTHING but breads and pastas tomorrow, and write how you feel over the next couple of days, followed by a solid month without any gluten (read up on the vast amount of things that Gluten is used as filler for) and journal how you are feeling. Monitor your skin, attentiveness, your craving for food (first thing to dissipate when I cut out gluten, lost all desire to binge eat), your energy levels, your desire to do things, your hair, your bowel movements, your sleep, and anything else that strikes you as different.

Back to top Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty Re: Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:32 am

action<reaction - I remember the dark days of nutrition (long before the Internet) and lots of junk science everywhere, I wondered around circa 1990 why did the so-called "energy foods" like pasta, etc. make be feel so tired.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty Misdiagnosis.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 am

Circa 1990 I was the newfound glee of my parents eye, so I'm really surprised to hear you say that pasta's were EVER touted energy food... it's shocking to hear that.

Humans, as far as I know have only had gluten grains in our diet for 0.05% of our time on earth, which certainly says a lot about why it would be causing problems.

I understand that you have largely cut gluten out of your diet CS, have you found that gluten grains have -any- redeeming factors at all? I've discovered that there is gluten in a ton of different topicals, do you have any opinion regarding this?

Back to top Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty A thought.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:49 am

CS

I haven't definitively ruled my hair thinning (all over my scalp) as a result of my gluten damage.

My hair thinning was the last thing to present it's self before I cut the gluten out, after sever fatigue and all the other lovely things I mentioned earlier. Previous thoughts made me consider iodine deficiencies, and since popping kelp frequently with digestive aids / enzymes my lips (cracked for months, no apparent cause, no moisturization helped) and knuckles (peeled back raw, and dried out) have actually healed. I've developed a fear of jumping on an assumption, but do you have any thoughts regarding this?

Also, Hoppipola's decrease in collagen and skin issues... would be neat to see how that plays out if he so decides on an elimination diet.

Back to top Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty Re: Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O

Post  Espio Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:08 am

Twitchyness sounds like low blood sugar. So it's probably not an intolerance, it's probably just because you ate a lot of grain so it raised the blood sugar too high, then followed by a fast drop. I bet the same thing would happen if you ate a lot of another grain or some sugar without any gluten.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:27 am

action<reaction - I try to limit my intake of grains, except for rice. But I'll eat some wheat products (pizza, dessert here and there).

Here is an informative article about grains.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/truth-about-eating-grains.aspx

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:32 am

action<reaction - It's entirely possible that the iodine could be contributing to better skin moisturization.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:45 am

lol, I hear you CausticSymmetry. I spent many thousands of dollars on health books, financial books, etc. in the 90's for information. Late 90's wasn't any better due to dial up. With high speed internet, can't believe how much things have changed. Now I probably buy a book once every 6 months, lol.

action<reaction,

I've mentioned before but if I only cut out 95% of gluten I never would have made the connection regarding gluten intolerance... just cutting out bread, pasta, etc. wouldn't have noticed. The only way I noticed was eliminating 100%. Gluten is in almost everything. Here is a list of foods with gluten http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 am

jdp701 wrote:action<reaction,

I've mentioned before but if I only cut out 95% of gluten I never would have made the connection regarding gluten intolerance... just cutting out bread, pasta, etc. wouldn't have noticed. The only way I noticed was eliminating 100%. Gluten is in almost everything. Here is a list of foods with gluten http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

Excellent list! everybody should really educate themselves on gluten, it would illuminate a lot of health issues and improve a lot of lives.

The adoption of a rice / fish / raw vegetable / fruit diet was mostly in the beginning just laziness so that I wouldn't have to devote hours to finding out everything that has gluten in it, haha, I only bake my fresh fish in water ( I live in Newfoundland, score on the baytown Cod connections! ) and don't use flavors or seasonings besides dill weed, and a couple of other spices. Sounds bland, but once you get your body going with it it becomes about something much more than taste.

Back to top Go down

Post  Polluted Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:11 am

My test results. tho my TIgA was normal I still have anti-gliadan antibodies.
Gluten Sensitivity Stool Test
Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 10 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Tissue Transglutaminase Stool Test
Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA 3 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Interpretation of Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA: Intestinal antigliadin IgA antibody was elevated, indicating that you have active dietary gluten sensitivity. For optimal health, resolution of symptoms (if you have them), and prevention of small intestinal damage and malnutrition, osteoporosis, and damage to other tissues (like nerves, brain, joints, muscles, thyroid, pancreas, other glands, skin, liver, spleen, among others), it is recommended that you follow a strict and permanent gluten free diet. As gluten sensitivity is a genetic syndrome, you may want to have your relatives screened as well.

Interpretation of Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA: The level of intestinal IgA antibodies to the human enzyme tissue transglutaminase was below the upper limit of normal, and hence, there is no evidence of a gluten-induced autoimmune reaction.

For more information about result interpretation, please see http://www.enterolab.com/StaticPages/FaqResult.aspx

Stool Analysis performed by: Frederick Ogunji, Ph.D., EnteroLab
Molecular Gene Analysis performed by: American Red Cross
Interpretation of all results by: Kenneth D. Fine, M.D., EnteroLab

Polluted

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:59 am

I think I'll still take steps to cut it down. I mean I am lazy and energy hungry so I have this bad habit of just slipping into diets revolved around grains (lots of bread, pasta, pizza, cereals, burgers etc). If I am a little sensitive to it I doubt it's serious, but perhaps I should try not to get so carried away on that kind of food and try to simply eat a more balanced diet. It would be very silly of me to try to take things like hyaluronic acid etc to fix my skin while still doing things like eating gluten or getting anxious, which can be encouraging further collagen degradation.

Thanks Espio for that alternative view of low blood sugar. It's possible, as I think my blood sugar does have a lot of scope for rising and falling. That would explain why I am prone to fainting ._.

Well, I'll try to listen to my body from now on and be a little bit more careful Smile

It seemed much happier with rice and curry and stuff! hehe!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Hmm, after eating lots of bread and pasta my whole body feels "twitchy" o.O Empty Rice and Curry?

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:47 am

Hahah! it's funny that you mentioned Rice and Curry, I had that + haddock for supper.

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Polluted,

FWIW, tests can only confirm you have a gluten sensitivity but can't deny you have a gluten sensitivity. celiac.com has info about this.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:24 pm

jdp701 wrote:Polluted,

FWIW, tests can only confirm you have a gluten sensitivity but can't deny you have a gluten sensitivity. celiac.com has info about this.

I can't stress this enough!

After a lot of bloodwork and doctor visits, I was told that my intestines were "normal" and sent home with a $100 a month SSRI prescription. I sought alternative help, and am quite pleased to say I have not needed to take any pills besides Digest +, Citrigen, and HMF capsules.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down