Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Androgen receptor binding herbs EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Androgen receptor binding herbs

2 posters

Go down

Androgen receptor binding herbs Empty Androgen receptor binding herbs

Post  moonbase Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:23 am

Hey guys!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a 22 y/o hair loss suffer with early diffuse thinning. I have just recently stopped taking propecia and been researching into herbal treatments excessively... perhaps even obsessively. Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any information on herbs that are fat soluble perferably already in gelcap form that indiscriminately bind to androgen receptor sites to block the uptake of androgens. Through some topical tests I have concluded that there are many that will stop the conversion of T to DHT topically but DHT is still produced elsewhere in the body and these receptors are still eagerly awaiting androgens to bind to them. I am not interested in limiting my serum DHT after my horrible experience with propecia (reflex androgenicity). Thanks for taking the time.

moonbase

Back to top Go down

Androgen receptor binding herbs Empty Re: Androgen receptor binding herbs

Post  ppm Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 am

Activity of herbal extracts on the control of sebum secretion.Accession number;04A0230063
Title;Activity of herbal extracts on the control of sebum secretion.
Author;UCHIUMI YOICHIRO(Maruzen Pharm. Co., Ltd., JPN) YAMAMOTO SUSUMU(Maruzen Pharm. Co., Ltd., JPN) MIZUTANI KENJI(Maruzen Pharm. Co., Ltd., JPN)
Journal Title;Fragr J

Journal Code:G0987B

ISSN:0288-9803

VOL.32;NO.3;PAGE.53-57(2004)
Figure&Table&Reference;TBL.4, REF.13
Pub. Country;Japan
Language;Japanese
Abstract;Potential activity of herbal extracts on sebum secretion was studied. Among the herbal extracts tested, polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U (product name) derived from Glycyrrhiza inflata showed the most potent testosterone 5a-reductase inhibition, androgen receptor binding inhibition and antimicrobial activities, which are closely related to sebum secretion. In addition to the findings on polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U, clove extract and peppermint extract showed testosterone 5a-reductase inhibition, arnica extract and rose fruit extract showed androgen receptor binding inhibition, alpinia speciosa root extract and scutellaria root extract showed estrogen receptor agonists, and sophora root extract showed antimicrobial activity.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  moonbase Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:53 am

Hello. Yes thanks but I have also read that study. For the past week or so i've been searching for a good usable form of licorice root extract. The best i've found is this: http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetail.cfm/ItemID/970089.0/CategoryID/1000.0/SubCatID/2550.0/file.htm

and I am trying to come up with a sound delivery format. I was just hoping there would be another more readily available extract around.

moonbase

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:13 am

Well the study also does mention arnica and rose fruit extracts to have androgen receptor inhibition properties. Afaik arnica is readily available.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down