Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor

5 posters

Go down

Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor Empty Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor

Post  Portugal Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 am

I am somewhat concerned about trying to reduce the oiliness of my skin, so I'm suspicious that it is because of reflex of hyperandrogenism, because I'm still on finasteride Crying or Very sad (now with the continued use of this, it will disappears?). I found two very interesting things to solve (i hope) the problem, like to hear your opinion on this:

Da Huang / Rhubarb Root
For centuries the rhizome of Rhubarb (Polygonaceae) was highly regarded by the Chinese for its various medicinal properties. Later on, modern research has justified its reputation. Rhubarb roots are harvested in October from plants that are at least six years old and are then dried for later use.
Active ingredients:
Anthraquinones: Emodin (look this link: cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/full/65/6/2287), Rhein, Alo-emodin.
Rhubarb Main activities:
- Varied and strong anti-inflammatory activities in-vitro and in-vivo.
- Strong anti-microbial activity- anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
- Anti-allergic activity.
- Regulation of sebum secretion- by down regulation of androgen receptor.
- Promotion of wounds repair.

Huang Qin / Scutellaria Baicalensis Root
Scutellaria species (Labiatae) have been extensively used in traditional medical systems all over the world in treating inflammatory skin conditions, bronchitis, hay fever, hepatitis and as antibacterial agent. Scutellaria baicalensis is commonly used in Chinese herbalism, where it is considered to be one of the 50 fundamental herbs. Due to its antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, it has also been used for many years in China for the treatment of various skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis and seborrhea.
Active ingredients:
Flavonoids and their glycosides with Baicalin in major concentration.
Scutellaria main activities:
- Anti-inflammatory activity- binding of different chemokines and acting on the COX-2 pathway.
- Anti-microbial activity- anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral.
- DNA protection- protects DNA against radical damage to prevent the self enhancement of the inflammatory cycle.
- Sebum regulation- inhibits androgen receptor expression in human sebocytes.

Portugal

Back to top Go down

Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor Empty Re: Down-Regulates Androgen Receptor

Post  iluvhair Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 pm

if any of these actually down regulate androgen receptors then theyd be helpful for hair! im going to research these

oh if you actually have hyper reflexandrogencity, that means fin is harming your hair, not helping it.

iluvhair

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:51 pm

"that means fin is harming your hair, not helping it."

Please elaborate on this one ...

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Portugal Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 am

CS, what do you think about that?

Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post  Portugal Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 am

To be honest I'm not sure if I have a reflexhiperandrogenicity, but I have much more oil on the skin (the face and scalp), appeared to me acne, however, I have no more hair loss and my hair is thicker brilliant and good loocking, I´m confused!

someone help please...

Portugal

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:41 am

Portugal wrote:To be honest I'm not sure if I have a reflexhiperandrogenicity, but I have much more oil on the skin (the face and scalp), appeared to me acne, however, I have no more hair loss and my hair is thicker brilliant and good loocking, I´m confused!

someone help please...

Finasteride decreases DHT but increases testosterone. The increase in testosterone is probably the reason you're more oily and getting acne. Finasteride disables the 5ar enzyme so when testosterone enters the hair follicle cells, it can't convert to DHT (the most harmful androgen in regards to AGA) which is most likely why your hair loss stopped.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:41 am

there is a positive review at iherb .. if you try the herb let us know, how it works for you!

By Jeanette Tellmann from Pennsylvania
I have been using this product for months and it actually relieves hot flashes! I read that women in Germany have been using this for years for hot flashes so I thought I would give it a try. I am amazed that it actually stops hot flashes and I can now sleep all night. I use two droperfuls three times a day in some juice. Give it a couple of days to get in your system.I have tried just about everything on the market except HRT. This is the only thing that actually works-no kidding!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down