Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

+10
Directo
tonyj
Mr. Clean
Admin
misterE
blackjack
abc123
Amaranthaceae
Quisque
fumanchu
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 Empty Dean Ornish Misinforms to Sell Diet Books

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:48 am

Dean Ornish Misinforms to Sell Diet Books

Atkins was ahead of this time.

Vegan propagandists like Ornish have never relented against Atkins, but some more open minded doctors have changed their mind and now support Atkins.

"Dr. Dean Ornish, a diet book author, wrote an article on Tuesday he titled Atkins Diet Increases All-Cause Mortality, which is a misrepresentation.

The study is flawed in so many ways it is hard to find a good place to start. There was no independent study, but rather a reinterpretation of data from another study, in which the researchers themselves came to completely different conclusions, in fact contradicting this report’s conclusions regarding the effect of low-carbohydrate and more meat protein diets. A young lady named Denise Minger wrote a compelling article evaluating some of the facts presented by the study, which demonstrate the data analyzed were from subjects who were not eating a low carbohydrate diet at all in any case.

Dr. Ornish is a medical doctor who can clearly see for himself that the research paper has nothing to do with Atkins, but he likes to refer to anything that says low-carb, even if it isn’t as in this case, as Atkins. Why? Dr. Ornish wants people to be on the diet he created, which has proven to cause a much rate of disease than Dr. Atkins diet. In fact, Dr. Atkins diet has been proven to be healthier than the Ornish diet, but he refuses to admit he is wrong even if it means continuing to misinform the general public at the cost of their health. Privately Ornish probably follows Atkins even though publicly he continues to try to discredit Atkins which has been proven to be healthier in unquestioned medical studies for decades.

Beware medical doctors who criticize Dr. Atkins who wrote a lot of very informative books, and created his diet from decades of proven research that took place before the early 1970s and continues to be confirmed today. Even the new paleo diets are based on Atkins approach, and those studies he created his diet from. The best approach is to read Atkins, read Ornish, and other diets and experiment on yourself. I would recommend starting with Atkins because you’ll lose weight and feel great, then try Ornish so you can see for yourself how much worse you feel. The proof is in how you feel, if your weight is coming down, and if your body fat is decreasing."

http://www.hollywoodgrind.com/dean-ornish-misinforms-to-sell-diet-books/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 Empty Re: is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

Post  tonyj Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 am

I was a little confused about this study. The study compared 2 low carb diets; One emphasized protein from meat, the other less protein from meat, but increased carbs from vegetables. And the carb intake was anywhere from 150g to 300g. I thought there were no carbs in the Atkins diet. Anybody have anymore info on this study?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 Empty Re: is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

Post  ubraj Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:03 am

I just had to with Mr. Clean having a Picard avatar keeping the diet debate going, lol.

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 10602537

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:21 pm

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) - Page 2 Picard3000
Whatever diet he's on, it's workin for him.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:15 pm

I am going to attempt to make an analogy between Propecia and Veganism. Veganism will zap your libido and your strength(Steven Tyler) and leave you with a spot of mental fog. Compared to Propecia, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Let me simplify:

Rob your body of nutrients and deprive it of materials it has relied on from time immemorial thereby causing a cascade of problems now or in the future, whilst modestly sparing some hair.

Balance your body and give it what it needs to thrive and make your hair thrive in the process via the IH regimen and advice. My choice: All hail Metabolic Typing and Immortal Hair.

Veganism................................Shmeganism.

Can this be over, ever?

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2