Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

+10
Directo
tonyj
Mr. Clean
Admin
misterE
blackjack
abc123
Amaranthaceae
Quisque
fumanchu
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) Empty is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

Post  fumanchu Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:08 pm

I suppose I eat balanced most of the time, besides trying to eat as little bread as possible. So I'll do mostly veggies, meat, dairy (eggs, yogurt, cheese) and rice. But with this diet, I tend to eat alot of animal products. Is there anything bad about having too much protein in your diet?

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) Empty Re: is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

Post  Quisque Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:37 pm

CS recommends this site to check out your metabolic type. Dunno any better test than this or trial-error. Listen to your body and try every type of diet and your body will tell you what you need.

I am on heavy meat diet and feel really good.

Quisque

Back to top Go down

is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat) Empty Re: is there anything bad about eating too much protein (meat)

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Plenty of meat, fats, eggs, fish, root vegetables, leafy greens, nuts, seed, berries, flowers, leaves, pollen, herbs, spices, barks, insects ... In my book that is the most healthy diet.

Worst diet: Many carbs during the day, especially refined corns, breads, grains, cerals, cakes, rice .. on top of that sugars, refined, brown, cane ..

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:22 pm

I think humans weren't designed to eat large amounts of meat. I have seen many studies linking large amounts of animal protein to negative effects. Try to eat meats with as little fat as possible.

I agree with the above post, stay away from refined carbs. In my opinion carbs from brown rice, whole grains, sweet potato etc are a better choice. You can also eat more carbs if your active.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:13 am

think humans weren't designed to eat large amounts of meat.

That's because you have been brainwashed.
Humans are omnivores we can eat large amounts of meat or little amounts of meat and do fine. This was proved by weston price studying carnivorous tribes and plant based tribes.

Although weston price did find some vegetarian cultures, but he say they were weak and overpowered by heavy meat eating tribes near by.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:38 am

blackjack wrote:
think humans weren't designed to eat large amounts of meat.

That's because you have been brainwashed.
Humans are omnivores we can eat large amounts of meat or little amounts of meat and do fine. This was proved by weston price studying carnivorous tribes and plant based tribes.

Although weston price did find some vegetarian cultures, but he say they were weak and overpowered by heavy meat eating tribes near by.

Note, I said Large amounts of meat.

In my opinion Dr Fuhrman's Food pyramid http://www.drfuhrman.com/images/foodpyramid/foodpyramid-large.png makes the most sense from a perspective of nutritional excellence.

Being weak or strong in battle has nothing to do with optimal health and longevity. And If I recall as well, many strong armys have been fueled by starch, not meat.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 am

To bad not one culture actually follows Fuhrman's Food pyramid...

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:07 am

blackjack wrote:To bad not one culture actually follows Fuhrman's Food pyramid...

Mainly vegetables with some fruits and grains/starch.

Yea none at all lol.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 am

They do eat a lot of veggies and starches, but they also eat a lot of fat..

Let's look at the Kitavan's
69% of their calories come from carbohydrate, 21% from fat and 10% from protein.
Most of there fat is saturated fat in the form of coconut.
They eat roughly 7oz of meat a day usually from fish and they often eat oysters raw 1oz daily which is a huge source of Zinc.

I would consider Dr. furman is highly against this must consumption of animal foods.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:32 am

blackjack wrote:They do eat a lot of veggies and starches, but they also eat a lot of fat..

69% of their calories come from carbohydrate, 21% from fat and 10% from protein.
They eat roughly 7oz of meat a day usually from fish and they often eat oysters raw 1oz daily which is a huge source of Zinc.

I would consider Dr. furman is highly against this must consumption of animal foods.

What exactly is your point?

Btw his food pyramid says its ok to eat 10% animal protein.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 am

My point is that even cultures that have a starch based diet still eat a decent amount of meat.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 am

blackjack wrote:My point is that even cultures that have a starch based diet still eat a decent amount of meat.

Ah, well definitely agree then, some meat consumption is optimal.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 am

The problem for some with meat and especially red meat, is that it requires a good digestion .. if it lingers for too long inside and is not broken down and eliminated, it will produce acids that cause cancer. For this reason meat eating has been associated with cancer in those who constipate from eating it.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:18 am

Oh boy, where do I begin?

Too much protein lowers SHBG and IGFBP-3, both are needed for hair growth. Low SHBG means that testosterone is able to convert into DHT and/or estrogen. Low IGFBP-3 means that IGF-1 (the most powerful hormone in the body) is able to enlarge the sebaceous-glands and prostate. Low IGFBP-3 also means skin cells can accumulate onto of one another and cause build-up/scaling.

Please take a look at the following post: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/the-big-three-diseases-associated-with-mpb-t3483.htm
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:42 am

hahahaa. Would you like me to look at the commentary associated with these posts as well?

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:49 am

Oh yes, and I've known for a little while I'm a protein type. I really need my meat. Haven't gained weight in a while and slowly losing it, it feels like the right way to lose weight. I don't feel weak.

Anyhow, I feel good on this diet. Only, I think I may be having a little too much fat along with my protein. That's mostly what I eat, aside from having a slice of dark rye with my eggs, to which doesn't burn me out so I can deal with it.

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 am

fumanchu wrote:hahahaa. Would you like me to look at the commentary associated with these posts as well?

Naw, just the scientific literature.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:10 am

Lots of bad press has incorrectly demonized meat and protein.

Kidney failure patients cannot safely eat high amounts of protein, this is one exception.

kidney failure is a result of modern drugs mostly, so this phenomenon is relatively new.

There are many culture who eat mostly meat.

Red meat is perfectly healthy.

Processed fat is the real evil and biased studies have not always been truthful about the real culprit.

Can we end this debate?

It's easy to make an argument for or against something.

I can say that 90% of all grains are sprayed with mercury (including organic).

I can talk about pesticides in fruits and vegetables.

I can talk about the fact that we are pushed to consume fruits when they are not even in season. Fruits typically grow during the spring/summer months. Importation allows us to eat fruits during winter.

Meat is often portrayed unfairly, and sure when possible it is more desirable to cook it at lower heat, from grass-fed sources, without antibiotics, but still it is not the evil stuff it is made out to be.

The real problems that cannot be refuted are processed vegetable oils and refined sugars. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Admin
Admin

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:56 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Aajonus Vonderplanitz feasts on rotten meat

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:26 am

And he has all of his hair. Damn it.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:15 am

blackjack wrote:They do eat a lot of veggies and starches, but they also eat a lot of fat..

No alcohol in their diet as well. Looking at the Kitivan's diet, what worked for them is the absence of trans-fat, refined carbs and sugars and HFCS. If you take a look at their micro-nutrients, except for Vitamin D, they take in far more than the recommended RDA %. Kitivans may get most of their Vitamin D from sunlight. Also, I don't recall seeing grains as part of their diet. Maybe someone has more info on their diet.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 am

misterE wrote:
fumanchu wrote:hahahaa. Would you like me to look at the commentary associated with these posts as well?

Naw, just the scientific literature.
You mean yours? Not the one from other members? clown

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:10 am

Another exception might be people with hemochromatosis, who too easily accumulate iron in their bodies. If that happens, hair loss is likely.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:52 pm

An increase in all cause mortality for long term Atkins-Diet meat eaters:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-dean-ornish/an-atkins-diet-increases-_b_707005.html

Atkins Diet Increases All-Cause Mortality

A major study was just published in the Annals of Internal Medicine from Harvard. In approximately 85,000 women who were followed for 26 years and 45,000 men who were followed for 20 years, researchers found that all-cause mortality rates were increased in both men and women who were eating a low-carbohydrate Atkins diet based on animal protein.

However, all-cause mortality rates as well as cardiovascular mortality rates were decreased in those eating a plant-based diet low in animal protein and low in refined carbohydrates. Although this plant-based diet was called an "Eco-Atkins" diet, it's essentially the same diet that I have been recommending and studying for more than 30 years.

In many debates with Dr. Atkins before he died, I always made the point that it's important to look at actual measures of disease, including mortality, not just risk factors such as HDL cholesterol. This is the first study that examined mortality rates in those consuming an Atkins diet, and it confirms what I've been saying all along: an Atkins diet is not healthful and may shorten your lifespan.

Dr. Atkins and I agreed that the American diet is too high in refined carbohydrates such as sugar, white flour and concentrated sweeteners) which promote a variety of chronic diseases. That's why people often lose weight on an Atkins diet when they restrict their intake of refined carbohydrates.

However, the answer is not to replace refined carbohydrates with animal protein such as beef, pork rinds, bacon and sausage, which Dr. Atkins claimed were good for your heart. I'd like to be able to say that they're good for your heart, but they are not. It's much more healthful to replace refined carbohydrates ("bad carbs") with healthy carbs instead.

It's not low-fat vs. low-carb. An optimal diet is high in healthy carbs such as fruits and vegetables and whole grains (including whole wheat, brown rice), legumes, soy products, nonfat dairy and egg whites in their natural forms and some good fats such as the omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil and salmon. It's low in unhealthy carbs such as sugar, white flour, white rice, white flour pasta and low in saturated fats and animal protein.

The message that many studies -- including one in the Annals last month -- have been giving the public and health professionals is that the Atkins diet is no worse for your heart than a plant-based diet, but all these studies examined only risk factors such as HDL, not measures of disease or mortality. That's why this new study is so important. (The Annals recently published my letter to the editor that expressed these concerns, which I appreciate.)

A recent study reviewed in The New England Journal of Medicine found that an Atkins-type diet "promotes atherosclerosis (heart disease) through mechanisms that do not modify the classic cardiovascular risk factors" such as HDL. Other studies also showed this.

Your body makes HDL to remove excessive cholesterol from your body. Eating a stick of butter will raise HDL, but butter is not good for your heart. Pfizer discontinued a study of its drug, torcetrapib, which raised HDL but actually increased risk of heart attacks.

Conversely, a whole foods plant-based diet that's also low in refined carbohydrates may reverse coronary heart disease and beneficially affect the progression of prostate cancer and even improve gene expression despite reductions in HDL.

Finally, what's good for you is also good for our planet. Livestock consumption causes more global warming than all forms of transportation combined. It takes 10 times more energy to produce animal-based protein than plant-based protein.

It's not all or nothing. You have a spectrum of choices. What matters most is your overall way of eating and living. If you indulge yourself one day, eat healthier the next. To the degree that you move in a whole foods, plant-based direction, the better you're likely to feel and the healthier you're likely to become.

Dean Ornish, M.D.
Medical Editor, The Huffington Post
Founder and President, Preventive Medicine Research Institute
Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:31 am

So is this Atkins guy bunk or what?

Experts?

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next