Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Diet Crazyness EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Diet Crazyness EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Diet Crazyness EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Diet Crazyness EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Diet Crazyness EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Diet Crazyness EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Diet Crazyness EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Diet Crazyness EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Diet Crazyness EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Diet Crazyness

4 posters

Go down

Diet Crazyness Empty Diet Crazyness

Post  Trace Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:47 am

I can,t even begin to understand what I should eat, what causes what. What is bad for you and what is wellll bad for you.
One person person says walnuts are bad for you and they other says they are great. I am figuratively a newbie and I come here to get some help on hair loss and health and to better my knowledge, but every post I look at has a debate on it and hardly anybody agrees. Soy milk is bad, no no no raw milk is bad ohhh no you should drop dairy all together.
Somebody please show the the write direction. I need help.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Diet Crazyness Empty Re: Diet Crazyness

Post  elan164 Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Ive faced the same dilemma as well. I basically just try to eat all non processed foods. Veggies, fruit, grass fed meats, nuts - almonds and walnuts soaked in sea salt water for 24 hrs. Then i throw in some superfoods the odd time like raw cacoa and goji berries. I still eat organic liberte yogurt and some cheeses. Lots of free range eggs, no bread really, the odd spelt sourdough or flaxseed wraps. Lots of spring water that i collect myself when i can or reverse osmosis water that i add ionic sea mineral drops to.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:21 pm

First step - ignore MisterE.

Second step - No processed foods / sugars / breads / pastas

Third step - trial and error, try an all meat diet for the first week, then a mostly carbs / veggie diet for the second, then a mix for the third, and keep a journal about how you feel. When you hit the point where you feel the best, keep experimenting with that. Listen to your body.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Trace wrote:I thought you didn,t like my posts any more action Change or....

I have no beef for you or anybody, just lending my advice. There's a lot of information here that one needs to read through, but the confusion that MisterE got up about diet deserves to be set right. There's no right diet for everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:21 pm

The High carb + high fat diets consisting of mostly processed foods appears to be the worst in terms of macro-nutrient ratios.

Also:

There are no pure zero-carb centenarians

There are no pure vegan centenarians

Small amounts of meat with alot of green veggies and fruits/starch eating centenarians exist, yes.

The low fat diet appears to be good for the morning wood sunny

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Ornish_Diet.aspx

Improving Erectile Dysfunction with a Low Fat Diet

There are basically two reasons to eat a Low Fat (or Ornish) Diet: 1) your penis and 2) your penis. You can probably guess the third reason as well.

The reason I say this is that a typical High Fat Diet/Low Carb Diet has negative short term AND long term effects on your blood flow. First, let's talk about the short term reasons. Researchers compared for six weeks a Low Carb (or High Fat) Diet versus a Low Fat (or Ornish) Diet. The study clearly showed less Nitric Oxide and decreased blood flow for the Low Carb (or High Fat) Diet. [4] The lead researcher of this study warned that "the reduced production from the endothelium of nitric oxide, a specific chemical, puts the vessel at higher risk of abnormal thickening, greater clotting potential, and cholesterol deposition, all part of the atherosclerosis process". That's a scienfically polite way of saying that a Atkins Diet will clog your arteries, slow blood flow and make your arteries less elastic, i.e. temporarily hardened. This, of course, is the antithesis of what you need for a good sex life.
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Mr. Clean wrote:The High carb + high fat diets consisting of mostly processed foods appears to be the worst in terms of macro-nutrient ratios.

Also:

There are no pure zero-carb centenarians

There are no pure vegan centenarians

Small amounts of meat with alot of green veggies and fruits/starch eating centenarians exist, yes.

The low fat diet appears to be good for the morning wood sunny

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Ornish_Diet.aspx

Improving Erectile Dysfunction with a Low Fat Diet

There are basically two reasons to eat a Low Fat (or Ornish) Diet: 1) your penis and 2) your penis. You can probably guess the third reason as well.

The reason I say this is that a typical High Fat Diet/Low Carb Diet has negative short term AND long term effects on your blood flow. First, let's talk about the short term reasons. Researchers compared for six weeks a Low Carb (or High Fat) Diet versus a Low Fat (or Ornish) Diet. The study clearly showed less Nitric Oxide and decreased blood flow for the Low Carb (or High Fat) Diet. [4] The lead researcher of this study warned that "the reduced production from the endothelium of nitric oxide, a specific chemical, puts the vessel at higher risk of abnormal thickening, greater clotting potential, and cholesterol deposition, all part of the atherosclerosis process". That's a scienfically polite way of saying that a Atkins Diet will clog your arteries, slow blood flow and make your arteries less elastic, i.e. temporarily hardened. This, of course, is the antithesis of what you need for a good sex life.

Low fat diet totally killed my sex drive man, you need to finish that sentence with "for some people". Like I said, there is no one diet for everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:40 pm

action<reaction wrote:

Low fat diet totally killed my sex drive man, you need to finish that sentence with "for some people". Like I said, there is no one diet for everybody.

some people thrive on a high fat low carb diet but there are no high fat zero-carb centenarians. What a Face
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Mr. Clean wrote:
action<reaction wrote:

some people thrive on a high fat low carb diet but there are no high fat zero-carb centenarians. What a Face

There are some actually, but they're few and far between. The key is finding a balance, if your balance is closer to the carb side then take it and run with it, you need to treat your body and listen to it... but there's been some major drama on this site that's hurt it recently from vegan dogma. It's very important to remain open to different ideas, I was open to vegetarianism, and practiced it religiously for three years but had to stop because it was seriously doing me harm, so I speak from the experience that it's not right for some people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 pm

action<reaction wrote:
Mr. Clean wrote:
action<reaction wrote:

There are some actually, but they're few and far between.

Where are the ZERO-carb centenarians?

Links please Very Happy

Anyone else out there know of any PURE-VEGAN centenarians?

thanks rabbit
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm

The earliest natives of northern canada lived long lives (despite harrowing conditions) on nearly only meat. I have no idea how many 100 year old's they had, I don't think anybody knows that.

I'm sure there have been some 100 year old carb-only people through history as well, like I said, it's different for everybody.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:03 pm

action<reaction wrote:The earliest natives of northern canada lived long lives (despite harrowing conditions) on nearly only meat. I have no idea how many 100 year old's they had, I don't think anybody knows that.

I'm sure there have been some 100 year old carb-only people through history as well, like I said, it's different for everybody.

In other words, pure zero-carb centenarians and pure vegan centenarians are more rare than hens with teeth.

OK
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Mr. Clean wrote:
action<reaction wrote:The earliest natives of northern canada lived long lives (despite harrowing conditions) on nearly only meat. I have no idea how many 100 year old's they had, I don't think anybody knows that.

In other words, pure zero-carb centenarians and pure vegan centenarians are more rare than hens with teeth.

OK

Pretty much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okinawa_diet#Indigenous_islanders.27_diet

Indigenous islanders' diet

People from the islands of Ryūkyū (of which Okinawa is the largest) used to have the longest life expectancy in the world.[2], although their life expectancy rank among Japanese prefectures has plummeted in recent years[3] This has in part been attributed to the traditional local diet, but also to other variables such as genetic factors, lifestyle, and environmental factors.

Generally, the traditional diet of the islanders was 20% lower in calories than the Japanese average and contained 300% of the green/yellow vegetables (particularly heavy on sweet potatoes). The Okinawan diet is low in fat and has only 25% of the sugar and 75% of the grains of the average Japanese dietary intake.[1] The traditional diet also includes a relatively small amount of fish (less than half a serving per day) and somewhat more in the way of soy and other legumes (6% of total caloric intake). With exception of pork, almost no meat is consumed; virtually no eggs or dairy products are consumed either.[4] Okinawans include pork in their diets. However, the fat content of the pork is eliminated; prior to the preparation of the pork, the fat is boiled off. [5][6][7]

An Okinawan reaching 110 years of age has typically had a diet consistently averaging no more than one calorie per gram and has a BMI of 20.4.[citation needed]

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm

If you'll notice, we are neither all Okinawin nor are we all Japanese. Are you suggesting we betray hundreds of years of evolution to adopt their diets?

It's also been shown that the okinawins would supplement their foods and salts with wood ashes, plant based bioavailable minerals, this is more on the lines of their longevity than anything else. In animal studies it's been shown that you can almost triple life spans by cutting carbs and increasing nutrients. Mineral / nutrient dense diets with calorie restriction is probably the real shot for a long life, it's what I aim for personally. I supplement a lot of needed minerals (that you won't get from real plant sources in this day and age) and go my whole day on sea-weed and a spoon of butter, low calories and amazingly efficient. Supper is some liver and carrot (raw). I still don't recommend this diet to anybody though, because it's up to their bodies to tell them what's right.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 pm

action<reaction wrote:If you'll notice, we are neither all Okinawin nor are we all Japanese. Are you suggesting we betray hundreds of years of evolution to adopt their diets?

It's also been shown that the okinawins would supplement their foods and salts with wood ashes, plant based bioavailable minerals, this is more on the lines of their longevity than anything else. In animal studies it's been shown that you can almost triple life spans by cutting carbs and increasing nutrients. Mineral / nutrient dense diets with calorie restriction is probably the real shot for a long life, it's what I aim for personally. I supplement a lot of needed minerals (that you won't get from real plant sources in this day and age) and go my whole day on sea-weed and a spoon of butter, low calories and amazingly efficient. Supper is some liver and carrot (raw). I still don't recommend this diet to anybody though, because it's up to their bodies to tell them what's right.

I'll add that all of my chronic fatigue symptoms are quickly disappearing following this practice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 pm

This is the problem here, BOTH diets are bad in a sense. Common practices of agriculture / meat industry have bastardized the whole natural process that allows for life to continue in a healthy manner, eating the exact same things as the okinawins did will not give you the longevity that the okinawins had, not today, the things that made their diets special are sorely lacking from our food now. The problem comes down to body pH, and that has little to do with the acidity or alkalinity of the food we eat, it's a problem of not getting enough negatively charged minerals / salts in our diet to help our bodies remain alkaline. The japanese ate a LOT of fish / seaweeds and sea vegetables, they had an amazing amount of anti-oxidant minerals going into their body daily (Iodine being a potent one). One has to consider this when they go grocery shopping, looking for sustenance from our "food" has really been lost.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:38 pm

action<reaction wrote:

In animal studies it's been shown that you can almost triple life spans by cutting carbs and increasing nutrients.

You can almost triple life-spans by lowering calorie intake and increasing nutrient density, not lowering carbs per se.
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Mr. Clean wrote:
action<reaction wrote:

In animal studies it's been shown that you can almost triple life spans by cutting carbs and increasing nutrients.

You can almost triple life-spans by lowering calorie intake and increasing nutrient density, not lowering carbs per se.

This is true, but are you going to get enough energy while staying at a low calorie count from carbs to do that?

I tried that once, and I understood natures wrath pretty quickly with that experience (once again, in my case, maybe not in yours). A table spoon of butter, at nearly 60% daily intake of saturated fat (and some cholesterol, a plus), keeps me going all day with little need for anything else besides water and some seaweed. Later in the evening I have a proper meal of course. Very low cal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:10 pm

action<reaction wrote:

A table spoon of butter, at nearly 60% daily intake of saturated fat (and some cholesterol, a plus), keeps me going all day with little need for anything else besides water and some seaweed. Later in the evening I have a proper meal of course. Very low cal.

That appears to be a very anorexic approach.

Too few calories can also cause hypothyroidism and increased estrogen[with baldness and prostate enlargement] and fat storage with loss of muscle mass. A person becomes both skinny and flabby.

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:13 pm

http://www.healthyprostatesecrets.com/2007/09/11/asian-men-dont-get-enlarged-prostate-in-their-homeland/

Most Asian men don’t experience enlarged prostate. Reports show that Asian-American men face a higher risk of developing prostate cancer than Asian men living in their homeland. However, their risks are lower when compared with African-American men.

Why do Asian men in their homeland have lower incidence of enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BHP)? One of the reasons is the food they eat.

American loves BBQ meat. Studies show that BBQ meat with charring may cause cancer. Western diet is also full of saturated fats which may link to prostate problems.

Asian men especially Chinese and Japanese eat plenty of vegetables especially legumes and fish which you don’t see in Western diet. In addition, Chinese and Japanese diets are rich in isoflavone. It helps to maintain the health of your prostate. Legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, red clover, and beans contain a lot of isoflavone.

If you practice the way they eat, you can maintain a better prostate health than your peers.

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Mr. Clean wrote:
action<reaction wrote:

A table spoon of butter, at nearly 60% daily intake of saturated fat (and some cholesterol, a plus), keeps me going all day with little need for anything else besides water and some seaweed. Later in the evening I have a proper meal of course. Very low cal.

That appears to be a very anorexic approach.

Too few calories can also cause hypothyroidism and increased estrogen[with baldness and prostate enlargement] and fat storage with loss of muscle mass. A person becomes both skinny and flabby.

There are a lot of variables in that particular sentence, as under eating can be a potent way of instigating HGH production and other beneficial things.

I agree that it would be a problem if I were (a) hungry on this diet, which I am not, I feel very satiated or (b) were skinny, which I'm not, I have a very pronounced muscle mass underneath a layer of fat that is left over from my high carb days.

Something else I should add... when I say meat I am often referring to Fish. I come from Newfoundland where I have access to local, hand caught fresh Cod, Trout, Mackerel, etc, and I take advantage of this. If I do eat beef, it's liver, bar none. Sockeye Salmon is a staple as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:59 pm

what happens if I am very athletic. If I do a lot of anaerobic exercise. What if I want to increase muscle mass.

I don,t think that could be possible on a low calorie intake. Also the more I exercise the more nutrients I can take in

from food. Correct.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Trace wrote:what happens if I am very athletic. If I do a lot of anaerobic exercise. What if I want to increase muscle mass.

I don,t think that could be possible on a low calorie intake. Also the more I exercise the more nutrients I can take in

from food. Correct.

Yes, you need to give your body what it needs. Once you alkalize (ACV) and get the minerals in you your hunger cravings will become much more honest, you can then more effeciently judge what you need in terms of calories. Trial and error between high carb low fat and low carb high fat will be needed at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:56 pm

yeah I wonder how much ACV reduces craving I've been taking it for 3-4 months now I feel like my appetite doesn't exist anymore I feel fine eating so little compared to before maybe my metabolism is slowing down from aging though IDK.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down