Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels

+4
Project: JS
CausticSymmetry
Gibson
Espio
8 posters

Go down

Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels Empty Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels

Post  Espio Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:51 pm

On the "How to Implement" immortal hair page it mentions raising the IGF1 levels as a last resort if the top 6 is still not working after a few months.

I'm getting to that point pretty soon. So I was looking at ways of increasing IGF1 levels and found this study that says eating a zero carb, ketogenic diet, raises IGF1 levels by a considerable amount:

http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/144/6/2676

A Ketogenic Diet Increases Brain Insulin-Like Growth Factor Receptor and Glucose Transporter Gene Expression
Clara M. Cheng, Brandon Kelley, Jie Wang, David Strauss, Douglas A. Eagles and Carolyn A. Bondy
Developmental Endocrinology Branch (C.M.C., B.K., J.W., D.S., C.A.B.), National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892; and Department of Biology (D.A.E.), Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Carolyn A. Bondy, Building 10/10N262, 10 Center Drive, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892. E-mail: bondyc@mail.nih.gov.

A ketogenic diet suppresses seizure activity in children and in juvenile rats. To investigate whether alteration in brain IGF activity could be involved in the beneficial effects of the ketogenic diet, we examined the effects of this diet on IGF system gene expression in the rat brain. Juvenile rats were fed one of three different diets for 7 d: ad libitum standard rat chow (AL-Std), calorie-restricted standard chow (CR-Std), or a calorie-restricted ketogenic diet (CR-Ket). The calorie-restricted diets contained 90% of the rats’ calculated energy requirements. The AL-Std diet group increased in weight, whereas the two CR groups merely maintained their weight during the 7-d diet. Glucose levels were significantly reduced in both CR groups compared with the AL-Std group, but only the CR-Ket group developed ketonemia. IGF1 mRNA levels were reduced by 30–50% in most brain regions in both CR groups. IGF1 receptor (IGF1R) mRNA levels were decreased in the CR-Std group but were increased in the CR-Ket diet group. Brain IGF binding protein (IGFBP)-2 and -5 mRNA levels were not altered by diet, but IGFBP-3 mRNA levels were markedly increased by the ketogenic diet while not altered by calorie restriction alone. Brain glucose transporter expression was also investigated in this study. Glucose transporter (GLUT) 4 mRNA levels were quite low and not appreciably altered by the different diets. Parenchymal GLUT1 mRNA levels were increased by the CR-Ket diet, but endothelial GLUT1 mRNA levels were not affected. Neuronal GLUT3 expression was decreased with the CR-Std diet and increased with the CR-Ket diet, in parallel with the IGF1R pattern. These observations reveal divergent effects of dietary caloric content and macronutrient composition on brain IGF system and GLUT expression. In addition, the data may be consistent with a role for enhanced IGF1R and GLUT expression in ketogenic diet-induced seizure suppression.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels Empty Re: Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels

Post  Gibson Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:26 pm

just take a premium deer antler velvet extract.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels Empty Re: Increasing Insulin Growth Factor-1 Levels

Post  Espio Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Well, the question is if the ketogenic diet can be more beneficial than other diets.

I know there's no one-size-fits all diet but since most people are adapted for a high-protein diet, would this kind of diet be beneficial to those people in keeping their hair?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:18 pm

if the goal is raising igf1, and there is a convenient, safe way to do it, why bother with diet?

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 am

Gibson, I don't know about you but personally I don't want to be taking supplements my whole life. I take pride in living as simply and inexpensively as possible. Once I stop my hair from shedding I would like to find a diet that maintains my hair so I can slowly lower and then discontinue taking supplements. If the ketogenic diet is able to accomplish what I'm missing then I'd switch to that diet.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 am

Hey Espio,
That isn't the way I read your post. I was just trying to give you a shortcut to test the IGF1 thing. That said, I suspect that as long as my environment and lifestyle remains the same, I will be popping pills.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:28 am

Honestly I don't even know if I will try the diet, I may just take that extract you mentioned, so I appreciate the advice. I just wanted to share that study I found with the forum to see if it helps anyone out.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:44 am

Espio - A ketogenic diet might help, but unfortunately, diet alone is usually not enough to cover all the environmental and other insults we get, many of which we are probably unaware of.

I think of popping all these pills as a way to live way longer. No heart disease, no senility, no less pain, more mobility, youthful appearance for longer.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:13 pm

IH - what are your thoughts on the aforementioned Deer Antler Velvet Extract? Is it a good way to boost growth hormone?

The reason I ask, is that I am still looking for something that provides the same "pep" that Arginine Pyroglutamate does w/out the negative effects of the nitric oxide reaction products that you had previously mentioned to be wary of.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:33 am

Project: JS - Arginine Pyroglutamate is great because of the nitric oxide effect. Pomegranate juice boosts up nitric oxide without the negative effects (NOS) nitrogen oxygen species.

Dear Antler Velvet will only increase the IGF-1. I have not used Dear Antler Velvet but thought about it many times, so I can't say what it will do. If anyone has tried it, let us know if you felt anything on it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 am

As far as hair growth, Cayenne will increase IGF-1 to the needed areas.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 pm

I've tried the deer antler suff, but can't really tell you if it did anything. So I'm thinking it didn't since I couldn't tell, but don't take my work for it. I still have some, maybe I'll give it anothe whirl. This is the stuff here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=651&at=0

interesting article
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/08/22/igf-1.aspx

I always wondered why girls develope at such an early age now and they all seem to have large breasts. Could it be the hormones in the milk?

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 am

2 more possibilities:

1. May be you are using +(plus) lenses and looking at them from very close
2. Boob job , Dr 90210

rossman wrote:I always wondered why girls develope at such an early age now and they all seem to have large breasts. Could it be the hormones in the milk?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  rossman Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:07 am

Lund - not my glasses and possibly for some it is Dr. 90210 intervention. I remember reading an article about this in Time Magazine not too long ago, about kids starting puberty at age 9 because of the hormones in meat and dairy.

rossman

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:55 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:As far as hair growth, Cayenne will increase IGF-1 to the needed areas.

IH - Taking cayenne orally increases IGF-1?

What is the rec'd dosage?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:58 am

rossman wrote:I've tried the deer antler suff, but can't really tell you if it did anything. So I'm thinking it didn't since I couldn't tell, but don't take my work for it. I still have some, maybe I'll give it anothe whirl. This is the stuff here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=651&at=0

interesting article
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/08/22/igf-1.aspx

I always wondered why girls develope at such an early age now and they all seem to have large breasts. Could it be the hormones in the milk?

Most of what I've read suggests that natural GH boosters don't do a whole lot.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:19 am

Scotty's right, normal GH boosters are a waste of money. I strongly believe that commercial meat and dairy are what is causing girls to go through puberty at such incredibly early ages.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:42 am

IH - Thats good information about Pomegranate juice I just bought some today. Thank you! Do you know if it has to be fresh or is from concentrate ok?

Btw, if anyone knows about pomegrante I have questions.

The pomegrante juice had this on the lable

pomegranet has
1979 mg/l of tannis
385 mg/l of anthocyanins
121 mg/l of ellagic acid

does that sound right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:42 am

Nid - Im curious... to your knowledge whats a good GH booster - natural or otherwise?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Project: JS - Not sure if concentrate is okay, I suppose if it contains everything originally. The brand POM Wonderful definitely works. I have had the very best results with it, and it happens to be the kind used in studies.

Most pomegranate products are not 100% and many will surreptitiously label it 100% Pomegranate blend. It's very easy to find deception in labeling because real Pomegranate is not cheap. For this reason, I try to stick with POM Wonderful since it's the real deal.

It's a good sign that the product you mentioned shows the tannin content.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:03 pm

Ok, good information.. thank you IH! Ill have to look for that brand next time.

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:18 am

JS--

L-Arginine Pyroglutamate, 1-2g, prior to sleep. It has to be on an empty stomach though, meaning, you haven't eaten for a few hours before consuming the Arginine. It has to be that particular Arginine. Fibroboost reportedly raises GH levels as well.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:33 am

Thanks Nid. Yeah that stuff is pretty sweet, I take it before I work out. My concern with it is that I am a little concerned about negative effects of (NOS) nitrogen oxygen species that occur hours later as a result. Anybody know, IH, Nid... is there anyway to combat the neg effects of NOS?

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:45 am

I could swear I read somewhere that Arginine lowered GH levels.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 am

Scotty--

I'd be interested in seeing a study stating that it lowers GH levels, as I've heard nothing bout positives regarding it increasing GH.

JS--

No clue on the NOS unfortunately, maybe IH has some thoughts to share on this matter.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down